45 TV coverage

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

alcloseshaver

45 TV coverage

Post by alcloseshaver »

Jim Erickson on his game early, solid. Post comments and sarcasm here.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Looking forward to the Parrish/Plante interview...
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Premier high school sports event in the country (MN hockey) and Midco does not have it in HD - UNBELIEVEABLE !

Is 45 transmitting it in HD ?
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

SPUDNUT wrote:Premier high school sports event in the country (MN hockey) and Midco does not have it in HD - UNBELIEVEABLE !

yes
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Would help if Clymer knew the offsides rule??
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

SPUDNUT wrote:Premier high school sports event in the country (MN hockey) and Midco does not have it in HD - UNBELIEVEABLE !

It was on MidcoSN3 for about 20 minutes, then they cut the broadcast. I'm not sure why they're not covering it. It says it's supposed to be on.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Roy01 wrote:

It was on MidcoSN3 for about 20 minutes, then they cut the broadcast. I'm not sure why the 're not covering it. It says it's supposed to be on.
Saw that - they still have it on 595 but not in HD.
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

SPUDNUT wrote:
Roy01 wrote:

It was on MidcoSN3 for about 20 minutes, then they cut the broadcast. I'm not sure why the 're not covering it. It says it's supposed to be on.
I'll take it. You're a savior! :D
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Roy01 wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:
Roy01 wrote: It was on MidcoSN3 for about 20 minutes, then they cut the broadcast. I'm not sure why the 're not covering it. It says it's supposed to be on.
I'll take it. You're a savior! :D
Happy I could help -
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

alcloseshaver wrote:Would help if Clymer knew the offsides rule??
That surprised me as well!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

BodyShots wrote:
That surprised me as well!
He compared it to the goalline in football???
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

When do we break out Mr. MaGoo?
kicksave33

Post by kicksave33 »

They won't. He's sick, unavailable for the tournament.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

For the record the hockey hair thing is out of control. Biggest games of their lives and the hair seems to be to big of a priority. The video is well done but it is close to out of control.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

alcloseshaver wrote:For the record the hockey hair thing is out of control. Biggest games of their lives and the hair seems to be to big of a priority. The video is well done but it is close to out of control.
Yes.
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

elliott70 wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:For the record the hockey hair thing is out of control. Biggest games of their lives and the hair seems to be to big of a priority. The video is well done but it is close to out of control.
Yes.
Disagree. Kids having the time of their lives. Should be able to have some fun with it. Hockey hair type things help to both bind the team together and keep things fun and loose. Example A: 2016 Chicago Cubs. Pajama dress code, dress as a super hero day, etc., and those guys were pros on probably the biggest stage in baseball history.
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

alcloseshaver wrote:For the record the hockey hair thing is out of control.
Next you'll want ban "Hi Grandma!"
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

Goldyismoldy wrote:
The hair is fine with me but this is where I draw the line. You can explain away the hair due to youthful exuberance and have a good laugh about it someday. But when I hear a kid give a shout out to who I can only surmise is their girlfriend, I cringe. In 25 years when you watch this replay with your kids how are you going to respond when your kids (or your wife!) ask "Who's Jenny?" Yeah, you're going to feel stupid when you realized you wasted that one shot you had to recognize somebody when your girlfriend dumps you in 2 months, or after about your first 4 weeks of college, if you know what I mean.

Do yourselves a favor and give that shout out to your mom & dad, or your grandparents, or whoever it was who helped you get to where you are today. The one who woke up at 6AM on a Sunday morning with a raging hangover because you have a 7th place squirt game at 8AM because your team went 0-2 on Saturday. Or who drives you home from practice at 9:30 PM on a Tuesday, through a snowstorm no less, because you don't cancel hockey practice because of a little snow. We play the game on ice, dang it, we're not cancelling for a little bit of fluffy white stuff. Or the one who dropped a $100 more than they probably should have on that pair of skates that you will outgrow in 8 months anyway because skates are the most important piece of equipment. Give those props to your parents boys!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

How good is Jim Erickson to do every game? Is Louie coming tomorrow?
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Clymer has the most grating annoying voice to announce hockey in a long time. Clymer has the unique ability to make me miss Housley.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Sparlimb wrote:
Clymer has the most grating annoying voice to announce hockey in a long time. Clymer has the unique ability to make me miss Housley.
That is quite a statement.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

alcloseshaver wrote:
Sparlimb wrote:
At least he didn't say he made him miss Tom Sagissor :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

east hockey wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:
Sparlimb wrote: Clymer has the most grating annoying voice to announce hockey in a long time. Clymer has the unique ability to make me miss Housley.
At least he didn't say he made him miss Tom Sagissor :)

Lee
Lee, through me off when they bumped to last years thread on 45 coverage.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

SCBlueLiner wrote:
Goldyismoldy wrote:
The hair is fine with me but this is where I draw the line. You can explain away the hair due to youthful exuberance and have a good laugh about it someday. But when I hear a kid give a shout out to who I can only surmise is their girlfriend, I cringe. In 25 years when you watch this replay with your kids how are you going to respond when your kids (or your wife!) ask "Who's Jenny?" Yeah, you're going to feel stupid when you realized you wasted that one shot you had to recognize somebody when your girlfriend dumps you in 2 months, or after about your first 4 weeks of college, if you know what I mean.

Do yourselves a favor and give that shout out to your mom & dad, or your grandparents, or whoever it was who helped you get to where you are today. The one who woke up at 6AM on a Sunday morning with a raging hangover because you have a 7th place squirt game at 8AM because your team went 0-2 on Saturday. Or who drives you home from practice at 9:30 PM on a Tuesday, through a snowstorm no less, because you don't cancel hockey practice because of a little snow. We play the game on ice, dang it, we're not cancelling for a little bit of fluffy white stuff. Or the one who dropped a $100 more than they probably should have on that pair of skates that you will outgrow in 8 months anyway because skates are the most important piece of equipment. Give those props to your parents boys!
Darn kids. Get off my lawn!
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
SCBlueLiner wrote:
Goldyismoldy wrote: Next you'll want ban "Hi Grandma!"

Darn kids. Get off my lawn!
It should actually be mandatory to say hi to your girlfriend. So then 25 years from now when you watch it you get razzed by your wife and kids.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year