Bruce Plante says Hermantown not opting up

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Jeffy95

Bruce Plante says Hermantown not opting up

Post by Jeffy95 »

Contradicts what we heard yesterday. Notice how Bruce has evolved from, "All of our kids are from Hermantown," to "STA get kids from all over." He has 5 kids on this year's team that have never lived a day of their lives in the School District, plus 3 who moved in for the sole reason of playing Hockey. Slammer, are you sure about what you reported yesterday? Maybe the Admin forgot to tell Bruce? Guess we don't know when this interview took place. Guy might have sat on it until today.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/10/he ... emy-to-us/
Slammer

Re: Bruce Plante says Hermantown not opting up

Post by Slammer »

Jeffy95 wrote:Contradicts what we heard yesterday. Notice how Bruce has evolved from, "All of our kids are from Hermantown," to "STA get kids from all over." He has 5 kids on this year's team that have never lived a day of their lives in the School District, plus 3 who moved in for the sole reason of playing Hockey. Slammer, are you sure about what you reported yesterday? Maybe the Admin forgot to tell Bruce? Guess we don't know when this interview took place. Guy might have sat on it until today.

Hmm. I saw the petition papers. Must have been recorded before the tourney. Either that, or it's out of Bruce's hands.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Slammer wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:Contradicts what we heard yesterday. Notice how Bruce has evolved from, "All of our kids are from Hermantown," to "STA get kids from all over." He has 5 kids on this year's team that have never lived a day of their lives in the School District, plus 3 who moved in for the sole reason of playing Hockey. Slammer, are you sure about what you reported yesterday? Maybe the Admin forgot to tell Bruce? Guess we don't know when this interview took place. Guy might have sat on it until today.

Hmm. I saw the petition papers. Must have been recorded before the tourney. Either that, or it's out of Bruce's hands.
That makes sense.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

Slammer wrote:

Let's see: you guarantee with glee and with certainty that Greenway would beat Hermantown. You claim to have knowledge that Randolph and Klatt had a phone call to discuss not disciplining those players on their teams who'd engaged in drinking parties. A "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" arrangement that somehow was made public because you found out about it, yet no one of authority did. Now you state you've seen the petition papers for the Hawks to move up. And that's just in the last 10 days.

I'll say this for you, you're not boring.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

mnmouth wrote:
Slammer wrote:

Let's see: you guarantee with glee and with certainty that Greenway would beat Hermantown. You claim to have knowledge that Randolph and Klatt had a phone call to discuss not disciplining those players on their teams who'd engaged in drinking parties. A "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" arrangement that somehow was made public because you found out about it, yet no one of authority did. Now you state you've seen the petition papers for the Hawks to move up. And that's just in the last 10 days.

I'll say this for you, you're not boring.
I'm very involved with Duluth-area hockey. Board member for East, and youth goalie coach in the program.

Being part of the board you hear everything. Texts get sent around, and I got forwarded the petition papers. If you want to see them, I can send you a private message. I sent them to Follow The Puck yesterday. I just can't post that on a public forum. And anyone who is inside the East program knows what happened last year with the picture incident. It was very serious, and just because you don't see it posted on the forum doesn't mean it didn't happen. Both coaches did not want that information out there. Stuff like this happens all the time, especially in Minnesota high school hockey. You could create a drama show inside these programs.

And for my Greenway-Hermantown prediction... I see huge flaws in Hermantown's game. It's the reason they had trouble beating Greenway, Luverne, etc. Thought I might have some fun and give people some hope. If no one believes in you, you aren't going to win. It just takes one person. Greenway almost did it, Luverne almost did it, St. Cloud almost did, now Monticello has the last chance. Hopefully they can pull it off.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

As you can see... my Greenway prediction isn't too crazy. Hermantown obviously has some huge flaws. Monticello up 2-0.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Slammer wrote:As you can see... my Greenway prediction isn't too crazy. Hermantown obviously has some huge flaws. Monticello up 2-0.
Hermantown hockey is talented. Notice how they play with their food then devour them. They do this all the time. I see it and hear the kids laughing first hand. They've got tons of talent year in and year out. I really ultimately don't care where they play.
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

THAT was the nastiest Elbow/Head-contact/Boarding penalty to receive a 2 min penalty that I've EVER seen in HS Hockey and it was the 6th penalty that SHOULD have been called that 8 minute run. Sickening.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

fastncrash wrote:THAT was the nastiest Elbow/Head-contact/Boarding penalty to receive a 2 min penalty that I've EVER seen in HS Hockey and it was the 6th penalty that SHOULD have been called that 8 minute run. Sickening.
:roll:
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

fastncrash wrote:THAT was the nastiest Elbow/Head-contact/Boarding penalty to receive a 2 min penalty that I've EVER seen in HS Hockey and it was the 6th penalty that SHOULD have been called that 8 minute run. Sickening.
His elbows were down but he left his feet. Should have been a Major for boarding without question.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Slammer wrote:As you can see... my Greenway prediction isn't too crazy. Hermantown obviously has some huge flaws. Monticello up 2-0.

Definitely a Class A team!
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Probably a good idea with how bad they looked this tournament. They went 0-3 against the spread. They were a good 3 goal favorite in every game and barely scraped by. I give a lot of credit to the other teams in the field, but Hermantown definitely played well below expectations.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Sparlimb wrote:Probably a good idea with how bad they looked this tournament. They went 0-3 against the spread. They were a good 3 goal favorite in every game and barely scraped by. I give a lot of credit to the other teams in the field, but Hermantown definitely played well below expectations.
definitely a class A team imo - the class suits them well
blueblood

Htown

Post by blueblood »

All class A schools should refuse to play them in regular season.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

MAML had what only 4 or 5 kids in the "Elite" league last fall? Seems they've been conditioned to play down to there level so they play where they belong. Happy trails hunting for peanuts.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

No way, this cannot be true. For all public schools, the kids have played on the same line for 10 years. No one moves in or out of these school districts. This is what we're told every year anyway. An hockey players never use open enrollment. Just doesn't happen. These public school programs are completely pure and pristine. It's only those dirty privates that cheat.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:

No way, this cannot be true. For all public schools, the kids have played on the same line for 10 years. No one moves in or out of these school districts. This is what we're told every year anyway. An hockey players never use open enrollment. Just doesn't happen. These public school programs are completely pure and pristine. It's only those dirty privates that cheat.
Bout time you figured this out! :lol: :P

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006