Grand Rapids Thunderhawks: State Champions!

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Slammer

Grand Rapids Thunderhawks: State Champions!

Post by Slammer »

From an East guy- congratulations to the Thunderhawks. They played to their full potential and proved everyone wrong, including myself.

What a tourney.
Last edited by Slammer on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frequent_MN_Flyer

Re: Grand Rapids Thunderhawks: State Champions!

Post by Frequent_MN_Flyer »

Slammer wrote:From an East guy- congratulations to the Thunderhawks. They played TJ their full potential and proved everyone wrong, including myself.

What a tourney.
Wish I could have been there. Congrats to my hometown!
hermantown2000

Post by hermantown2000 »

I guess you can call it a all "hawk party" right now in St. Paul.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

When is the last time (if ever) a team been a 4-seed in their own section and the State champion? They were better than a 4-seed obviously. Still though.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Congrats to Grand Rapids! Hard work, talent and desire gets it done.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
PuckDaddy

Post by PuckDaddy »

Congrats to GR!!

Great tournament. Evident that the kids were coached well in the win against EP and tonight. Evident that the kids love the coaches as well.

Hats off to the staff to carry three goalies - Coaches totally understand the work and the sacrifice a goalie makes for the team.

Well done.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Congrats THUNDERHAWKS!

and hawks :wink:
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Well done boys!!
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

Congrats to Grand Rapids! Based on the results of their games in February, I didn't see this coming at all, but Klatt was able to right the ship at the right time and get through a difficult section and state tournament.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Congrats to the Halloween Machine. As a kid I took this stuff for granted. I had no idea how spoiled I was.

I fully understand tonight how special that was.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

I can't believe what I saw from the Section semifinals on. Best damn day of my life! GR Forever!!!! It's just surreal
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:Congrats to the Halloween Machine. As a kid I took this stuff for granted. I had no idea how spoiled I was.

I fully understand tonight how special that was.
Well stated. Took the words right out of my ...

One of the happiest days of my life & a looonnngggg time coming.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Never been more proud of my hometown and high school. What a tremendous experience. There are no words.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Let's be sure to get a welfare check out on hawkenjohnny tomorrow.

Congrats T-Hawks
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Congratulations to the Thunderhawks and all of their fans and the city of Grand Rapids. Well done.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Congrats to all our Rapids friends. A well-earned state title,with no doubt left toward the end. Even for us East fans, it's great to see the title come back to 7AA after such a prolonged absence.

218. 218. 218.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Congrats Rapids! Great tourney and fun to witness a community that supports their squad. Number 10 should have been all tourney! Congrats Indians! GB
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

Congrats Thunderhawks! What an amazing experience. They did not disappoint. After getting the toughest draw through sections and the state tournament, they battled and got it done! You made your community very proud, heck of a job! This was long overdue. There have been so many outstanding players and teams that have come through the program that never even made it to the state tournament, what a moment to see the dream complete! Finished business! Hang that 4th banner!

Also, hats off to Trent and his coaching staff for getting the team refocused during their skid late in the season. And also thank you Trent for coming back this season, please stay for many more!
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

Congrats to Grand Rapids on the title win!! They pulled it together and played their best hockey down the stretch. Well done!
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

Section 8 guy wrote:Congrats to Grand Rapids on the title win!! They pulled it together and played their best hockey down the stretch. Well done!
Class post Klinger!

Moorhead had a great year!
kniven

Post by kniven »

hockey59 wrote:Congrats THUNDERHAWKS!

A big salute and congratulations to those ThunderHawks from Grand Raids! This group of boys and their Coach will be heavy favorites next year....
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Many thanks to everyone on here for the well wishes. Over the years there have been many emotionally charged conversations regarding our favorite teams and fan bases. It goes with the territory in the greatest state in the country for high school hockey.

I'm very happy for the players and coaches. It's been an impressive run. As a fan I feel pretty humbled by it all. And while they should enjoy the moment, it won't be long and discussion will turn to next year.

There are a bunch of teams who were either at state or were narrowly edged at sections who are loaded with returning talent.

Thanks again to all. 8)
kniven

Post by kniven »

kniven wrote:
hockey59 wrote:Congrats THUNDERHAWKS!

A big salute and congratulations to those ThunderHawks from Grand Raids! This group of boys and their Coach will be heavy favorites next year....
https://youtu.be/yjYqvByiHl8

I'm going to keep the above on my YouTube channel forever. That way Rapids fan can relive the final moment/celebration/post game whenever they want! Again, congratulations!
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

It is sure nice to have the AA trophy up North. I was wondering if it would ever leave the Metro area. Great job and what a fun team to watch. Klatt deserves a lot of credit for getting this team to play to its potential, especially after watching them in that Cloquet loss.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Congrats to GR! So the next question is are these kids going to stick around? Or off to Juniors?