Grand Rapids Thunderhawks: State Champions!

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Houndhockey

Post by Houndhockey »

Before last years state tourney I never thought I'd be caught dead cheering for Rapids, but when they beat East in the section final the next day I realized I wanted them to do well at state. This year the same thing happened. I must be getting softer but it was tough to not cheer for Klatt who seems to be a real genuine "good guy" and role model in the sport. Also, for that top line who all decided to come back and play when they all had other opportunities to go elsewhere. They were a treat to watch. Now don't get me wrong, you won't find me cheering for them in the regular season still, but once East is eliminated, I guess I can cheer for the north. I'd say 7AA but I'm not sure I'd cheer for Elk River just yet! Congrats to Grand Rapids!
East High Rah Rah Rah....
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

Congrats to a deserving community! I am not sure what went on during that bad stretch this season, but I am glad they righted the ship. The fans in Rapids are some of the best in the state and they deserved this win. I am guessing they were a little relieved when they saw they were up against the bridesmaids as things didn't go as well for Rapids when they play another team from 8AA in the Championship. Have fun with it Thunder Hawks you are the Class AA State Champs. Moorhead, hang another second place banner. It was Moorhead right, it is hard to remember whoever takes 2nd!
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

GoldyGopher wrote:Let's be sure to get a welfare check out on hawkenjohnny tomorrow.

Congrats T-Hawks
Thanks for thinking of me. Busy weekend of all my favorite things! Could not be more proud of the GR team. No quit, never quit. One of the best overall tournaments I remember with the added cherry on top. Sorry that it is over but one for the books. At least my book.
Immigrant Fan

Post by Immigrant Fan »

Still find myself breaking into a little laugh about this. The good feeling just doesn't go away.

Now we have a new coach and new season to anticipate. However it goes, 2017 stays with us.
Not born here...
...but, would hate to leave
boblee

Post by boblee »

Those kids are champions forever. Let's just hope it isn't another 37 years before the Halloween Machine gets #5.
Last edited by boblee on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
goaline

Post by goaline »

boblee wrote:Those kids are champions forever. Let's just hope it isn't another 37 years before the Halloween Machine gets #4.
kniven

Post by kniven »

goaline wrote:
boblee wrote:Those kids are champions forever. Let's just hope it isn't another 37 years before the Halloween Machine gets #4.
5 AA state championships is pretty amazing!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Immigrant-yes, that good feeling keeps finding its way back every so often!

BobLee--are you going to talk to new coach to persuade the powers at be to decommission the new underperforming high school Twitter site, so you can fire up your old GRHS Twitter site again?
Immigrant Fan

Post by Immigrant Fan »

I second that. The new site is pretty uninspiring. I miss the previous site's continuing relevance and updates, as well as the utility it afforded (e.g. meaningful links).
Not born here...
...but, would hate to leave
boblee

Post by boblee »

goaline wrote:
Thank you. Correction forthcoming.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Immigrant Fan wrote:I second that. The new site is pretty uninspiring. I miss the previous site's continuing relevance and updates, as well as the utility it afforded (e.g. meaningful links).
We will remain retired after being forced out by the previous regime and the booster club.
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

boblee wrote:
Immigrant Fan wrote:I second that. The new site is pretty uninspiring. I miss the previous site's continuing relevance and updates, as well as the utility it afforded (e.g. meaningful links).
We will remain retired after being forced out by the previous regime and the booster club.

The Blueline Club needs the advertising revenue more than a 3rd party. Who is the "regime" you mention?
boblee

Post by boblee »

hadenuf wrote:
boblee wrote:

The Blueline Club needs the advertising revenue more than a 3rd party. Who is the "regime" you mention?
We profited about $500 a year. Would have been happy to let them sell ads for the original site and they make all the money. We sold enough ads to pay for the website and a little bit of our time.
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

Well that's a far cry from what they are profiting. You still did not clarify the regime. Or are you referring to the Blueline Club powers that be?
boblee

Post by boblee »

hadenuf wrote:Well that's a far cry from what they are profiting. You still did not clarify the regime. Or are you referring to the Blueline Club powers that be?
Right. We weren't attempting to profit. We were attempting to fund our service. Yes, Blueline Club powers & former head coach. All is fine. Hope they do well going forward.