HS Hockey Podcast (Year-end episode)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

Traxler wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
mnmouth wrote:I heard nothing on Duluth East in the podcast, though it was kinda tough to hear at times. Top 9 forwards and top 5 defensemen returning to a team that lost in double OT to the eventual state champion.
Who, me? Lowball East to keep them under the radar? Never! :wink:

We had them in the way-too-early preseason top 10, and I think Tony even argued top 5 in the show before the show, though I resisted. Obviously they have lots coming back, and I don't think there are any flight risks, so the chemistry should be great.

They still have some things to prove, though. Despite steady quality they had little in the way of quality wins, and never cracked the top 10 all season. They have to do something that convinces me that the ceiling is higher.

Since someone asked, here is the way-too-early top 10...I might have reversed one or two from where we had them, but it was approximately this, and assumes everyone returns until further notice:

1. GR
2. Moorhead
3. Edina
4. Minnetonka
5. STA
6. Duluth East
7. Holy Family
8. Cloquet
9. Centennial
10. WBL

Appreciate all the comments and support over the course of the year. It's been a blast, even on the mornings where Tony and Danny made me get up much earlier than I wanted to on a Sunday. I'll try to barf out the reflection essay I usually write after the Tourney in the next few days--better late than never--and after that, I am looking forward to a bit of a vacation from constant rankings and rumors...if I can ever truly get away. :)
Where is Hermantown on that list? Are they going to have a down year after opting up?
They're not opting up.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

TheNightman wrote:
Traxler wrote:
karl(east) wrote: Who, me? Lowball East to keep them under the radar? Never! :wink:

We had them in the way-too-early preseason top 10, and I think Tony even argued top 5 in the show before the show, though I resisted. Obviously they have lots coming back, and I don't think there are any flight risks, so the chemistry should be great.

They still have some things to prove, though. Despite steady quality they had little in the way of quality wins, and never cracked the top 10 all season. They have to do something that convinces me that the ceiling is higher.

Since someone asked, here is the way-too-early top 10...I might have reversed one or two from where we had them, but it was approximately this, and assumes everyone returns until further notice:

1. GR
2. Moorhead
3. Edina
4. Minnetonka
5. STA
6. Duluth East
7. Holy Family
8. Cloquet
9. Centennial
10. WBL

Appreciate all the comments and support over the course of the year. It's been a blast, even on the mornings where Tony and Danny made me get up much earlier than I wanted to on a Sunday. I'll try to barf out the reflection essay I usually write after the Tourney in the next few days--better late than never--and after that, I am looking forward to a bit of a vacation from constant rankings and rumors...if I can ever truly get away. :)
Where is Hermantown on that list? Are they going to have a down year after opting up?
They're not opting up.
Slammer is perpetrating a hoax on us? That could easily be true...
boblee

Post by boblee »

Enjoyed listening. Loved the shout out.

I lost EVERYTHING Friday night. Not just my mind. My voice, my insanity, all the things.

I was more calm on Saturday. A 4-0 lead helped.
SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 »

boblee wrote:Enjoyed listening. Loved the shout out.

I lost EVERYTHING Friday night. Not just my mind. My voice, my insanity, all the things.

I was more calm on Saturday. A 4-0 lead helped.
My voice is still not back yet from last week but that may be from yelling MOOSE MOOSE MOOSE
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Great shows all year. I really enjoy listening to them. Keep up the good work guys! GB
Browniemagoo

Post by Browniemagoo »

Fun to listen all season long. Thanks for all of the time and effort you put in. Looking forward to the STP analysis and summer jamboree wrap up (eh fellas?)!