Coaching Changes - 2017-18

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
bardown27
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by bardown27 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:18 pm

Cole Leitch has accepted the head coaching position at Tartan per Tartan AD's twitter.

hockeyczar
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Post by hockeyczar » Thu May 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Wow! Seems to be a lot more jobs opened up this year compared to last year.

Appears to be a lot of good head coaching jobs still available. I heard rumblings there might have been some coaching issues at Chanhassen.

Anyone have an idea who the top candidates are to take over at Hermantown?

BP
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by BP » Fri May 12, 2017 1:33 am

Cloquet added to the list

Schotzy
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Schotzy » Fri May 12, 2017 4:52 pm

BP wrote:Cloquet added to the list
Cloquet is not official at this point......

Wet Paint
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:23 pm

Post by Wet Paint » Fri May 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Schotzy wrote:
BP wrote:Cloquet added to the list
Cloquet is not official at this point......
Just announced in the paper.

He resigned.

Schotzy
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Schotzy » Fri May 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Wet Paint wrote:
Schotzy wrote:
BP wrote:Cloquet added to the list
Cloquet is not official at this point......
Just announced in the paper.

He resigned.
Yup. Just saw that too. Makes one wonder what is going on in Cloquet.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by The Exiled One » Fri May 12, 2017 10:00 pm

Irondale hires former Apple Valley head coach Jerry Hayes.

BP
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by BP » Sun May 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Jerry Hayes named head coach at Irondale.

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Post by kniven » Sun May 14, 2017 11:06 pm

hockeyczar wrote:Wow! Seems to be a lot more jobs opened up this year compared to last year.

Appears to be a lot of good head coaching jobs still available. I heard rumblings there might have been some coaching issues at Chanhassen.

Anyone have an idea who the top candidates are to take over at Hermantown?
Eagerly anticipating the announcement of the new coach in Hermantown

Nuts&Bolts
Posts: 674
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:12 am

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Mon May 15, 2017 2:32 pm

Kniven, am I reading something between the lines with your post? Might you become a Hawks fan of sorts and could this be the move to get Hermantown to play big boy hockey? Would be awesome to see Esse stay in 7AA.

Jeffy95
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by Jeffy95 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Kniven, am I reading something between the lines with your post? Might you become a Hawks fan of sorts and could this be the move to get Hermantown to play big boy hockey? Would be awesome to see Esse stay in 7AA.
It would be a shock if Pat Andrews isn't the new coach in Hermantown. Not sure what's taking so long.

Zero chance that Esse coaches at Hermantown. Their mindset is the exact opposite of his. They will not be playing big boy hockey any time soon.

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Post by kniven » Mon May 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Here is the video I took of pre-game and team benches of the Cloquet/Hermantown game in Cloquet this year. Crazy. Never would have thought it was the last time these two great coaches would meet......and both not even coaching their respective teams.

https://youtu.be/baMXEagAqvA

karl(east)
Posts: 5870
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:03 am
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Tue May 16, 2017 4:39 am

Jeffy95 wrote:
Nuts&Bolts wrote:Kniven, am I reading something between the lines with your post? Might you become a Hawks fan of sorts and could this be the move to get Hermantown to play big boy hockey? Would be awesome to see Esse stay in 7AA.
It would be a shock if Pat Andrews isn't the new coach in Hermantown. Not sure what's taking so long.

Zero chance that Esse coaches at Hermantown. Their mindset is the exact opposite of his. They will not be playing big boy hockey any time soon.
I believe the Hermantown position closed before Esse resigned. If not, it could've been interesting...but, yes, I doubt Esse would've taken that job without certain assurances.

BP
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by BP » Tue May 16, 2017 6:56 pm

karl(east) wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
Nuts&Bolts wrote:Kniven, am I reading something between the lines with your post? Might you become a Hawks fan of sorts and could this be the move to get Hermantown to play big boy hockey? Would be awesome to see Esse stay in 7AA.
It would be a shock if Pat Andrews isn't the new coach in Hermantown. Not sure what's taking so long.

Zero chance that Esse coaches at Hermantown. Their mindset is the exact opposite of his. They will not be playing big boy hockey any time soon.
I believe the Hermantown position closed before Esse resigned. If not, it could've been interesting...but, yes, I doubt Esse would've taken that job without certain assurances.
Rumor is a big stud is transferring into Hermantown next year as a 9th grader? Hawkey - any rumor to that?

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Post by kniven » Tue May 16, 2017 6:59 pm

BP wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
Nuts&Bolts wrote:Kniven, am I reading something between the lines with your post? Might you become a Hawks fan of sorts and could this be the move to get Hermantown to play big boy hockey? Would be awesome to see Esse stay in 7AA.
It would be a shock if Pat Andrews isn't the new coach in Hermantown. Not sure what's taking so long.

Zero chance that Esse coaches at Hermantown. Their mindset is the exact opposite of his. They will not be playing big boy hockey any time soon.
I believe the Hermantown position closed before Esse resigned. If not, it could've been interesting...but, yes, I doubt Esse would've taken that job without certain assurances.
Rumor is a big stud is transferring into Hermantown next year as a 9th grader? Hawkey - any rumor to that?
From Cloquet?

BP
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by BP » Tue May 16, 2017 7:43 pm

kniven wrote:
BP wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
Nuts&Bolts wrote:Kniven, am I reading something between the lines with your post? Might you become a Hawks fan of sorts and could this be the move to get Hermantown to play big boy hockey? Would be awesome to see Esse stay in 7AA.
It would be a shock if Pat Andrews isn't the new coach in Hermantown. Not sure what's taking so long.

Zero chance that Esse coaches at Hermantown. Their mindset is the exact opposite of his. They will not be playing big boy hockey any time soon.
I believe the Hermantown position closed before Esse resigned. If not, it could've been interesting...but, yes, I doubt Esse would've taken that job without certain assurances.
Rumor is a big stud is transferring into Hermantown next year as a 9th grader? Hawkey - any rumor to that?
From Cloquet?
No. But I'm stirring the pot of never having kids come to them at the HS level. :)

Rocketwrister
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:45 pm

Post by Rocketwrister » Wed May 17, 2017 12:01 am

Per Louis st George Twitter, Pat Andrews new Hermantown coach

greenwayraider
Posts: 382
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:54 pm
Location: Bovey

Post by greenwayraider » Wed May 17, 2017 2:08 am

Also reported by the local TV stations.

SpOilerfan
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 2:31 am

Post by SpOilerfan » Wed May 17, 2017 8:16 pm

BP wrote:Cloquet added to the list
who are the candidates??

GoldenBear69
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:30 am

Post by GoldenBear69 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:59 am


east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6626
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:33 am
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Thu May 18, 2017 4:59 am

I thought that name looked familiar. He went to state with John Marshall in the late 80's?

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

GoldenBear69
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:30 am

Post by GoldenBear69 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:37 am

'88 & '89

goldy313
Posts: 2940
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:56 pm

Post by goldy313 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:33 am

His brother Scott was on the JM state tournament teams in '78 and '79. Both Monsrud's were on teams that lost state title games in overtime, I can't imagine that has happend often.

Scott was also a Bemidji State player and coach, unfortunately Scott passed away from skin cancer in 2009.

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Post by kniven » Sat May 20, 2017 12:53 am

SpOilerfan wrote:
BP wrote:Cloquet added to the list
who are the candidates??
I'm curious who will replace Esse. I guess I would think Brian Durand and Langenbrunner. Those 2 did a fine job with the boys as peewees and Bantams.

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Post by kniven » Sat May 20, 2017 1:01 am

SpOilerfan wrote:
BP wrote:Cloquet added to the list
who are the candidates??
I'm curious who will replace Esse. I guess I would think Brian Durand and Langenbrunner. Those 2 did a fine job with the boys as peewees and Bantams.

Post Reply