Coaching Changes - 2017-18

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:16 pm

kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:Could Langenbrunner get behind the bench? What if he and Millen team up? Wow, that would be awesome!!! Top two players to come out of that town coaching together, that would be amazing.
Anything is possible. CEC will put together a coaching staff that is best for the kids.
Any chance you video?? I cannot get up there, take a shot of the bench please,
Im out of the loop now going forward. Just a high school hockey fan now. I have no more "ins" with the program with a new regime taking over.
Check em out if you can, curious how Elks will look

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:25 pm

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:Could Langenbrunner get behind the bench? What if he and Millen team up? Wow, that would be awesome!!! Top two players to come out of that town coaching together, that would be amazing.
Anything is possible. CEC will put together a coaching staff that is best for the kids.
Im out of the loop now going forward. Just a high school hockey fan now. I have no more "ins" with the program with a new regime taking over.
Yes. I confirmed this with a very good Elk River hockey dad (friend) of mine. It should be fun for the upstart Jacks and they big numbers of Elk River. Probably not everybody their for both teams but good non-the-less.

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:36 pm

kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Yes. I confirmed this with a very good Elk River hockey dad (friend) of mine. It should be fun for the upstart Jacks and they big numbers of Elk River. Probably not everybody their for both teams but good non-the-less.
can you go and give an update on both clubs?? interested to hear who coaches cloquet, heard maybe Bartoldi ?

kniven

Post by kniven » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:24 pm

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
can you go and give an update on both clubs?? interested to hear who coaches cloquet, heard maybe Bartoldi ?
I won't be around.

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:49 pm

kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
I won't be around.
Watched some this a.m, no idea who was on Cloquet bench, maybe a youth coach

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:33 pm

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
I won't be around.
No Video?

kniven

Post by kniven » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:38 am

mulefarm wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
I won't be around.
No Video?
A person has to actually really care about the program to actually stand there day after day taking video-capturing the moment/history/a moment in time. I'm always a huge fan of the kids. I just don't care like I used to.

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:41 pm

I though Spoiler would take video?

Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:04 am

SpOiler don't take any video? What about some info from scrimmage? Kniven didn't go to arena to give any updates?
Would be nice to get some perspective / thoughts on scrimmage.

kniven

Post by kniven » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:54 am

Upfan111 wrote:SpOiler don't take any video? What about some info from scrimmage? Kniven didn't go to arena to give any updates?
No I didn't. I really don't care much about the success of Lumberjack hockey. I've always cared more about the kids than the wins anyway. The program will be fine. The kids are the very best :).

kniven

Post by kniven » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:55 pm

kniven wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:SpOiler don't take any video? What about some info from scrimmage? Kniven didn't go to arena to give any updates?
No I didn't. I really don't care much about the success of Lumberjack hockey. I've always cared more about the kids than the wins anyway. The program will be fine. The kids are the very best :).
Breaking news! I might be joining another high school hockey staff this winter. Interest in me doing what I do for another roster. HMmmmmmm

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:59 pm

kniven wrote:
kniven wrote:
Breaking news! I might be joining another high school hockey staff this winter. Interest in me doing what I do for another roster. HMmmmmmm
Good Luck at Denfeld

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:16 pm

mulefarm wrote:I though Spoiler would take video?
do not have video, still trying to figure out who was on the Cloquet bench, the guy looked very in control but no idea who he was?

Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:40 pm

SpOilerfan wrote:
do not have video, still trying to figure out who was on the Cloquet bench, the guy looked very in control but no idea who he was?
Can't you inquire with one of your many sources?

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:43 pm

Bluelightspecial-II wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
People call him "mouse". Jaime wants this guy inserted as the puppet or he takes his boys to east. - I've heard this floating around.

Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:55 pm

kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
People call him "mouse". Jaime wants this guy inserted as the puppet or he takes his boys to east. - I've heard this floating around.
Langenbrunner to EAST?!?? Come on. Thats far fetched. Sounds like from someone pretty disgruntled.

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Rocketwrister wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
Langenbrunner to EAST?!?? Come on. Thats far fetched. Sounds like from someone pretty disgruntled.
It was spoken straight from Jamie's mouth. And, yes, he is pretty disgruntled...

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:11 pm

kniven wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:

It was spoken straight from Jamie's mouth. And, yes, he is pretty disgruntled...
Gotta call you out on that one, from his mouth to yours or second hand gossip,I think he meant your disgruntled time to move ahead now off this subject

Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Kniven :roll: :roll: come on, there's no way Langenbrunner would say that to you.
As for "Mouse"; is that Brian "mouse" Meisner? He is a phenomenal coach!! Played at Scholastica, former head coach for Wichita Falls and former assistant for MN Wilderness in the NAHL, assistant D1 coach in Alaska. If he is truly interested, that would be a no brainer. He cares for kids, great teacher of the game, and drama free.

If that's the kind of caliber of applicants they get for the job, the Jacks will be in great hands.

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:52 pm

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
Ive got the actual written words by Jamie and his genuine disapproval of his home town of Cloquet. But a lot of people can't stand their hometowns for whatever reason. I'm not damning Jamie. Im not going to tell anybody how to think. But it's a fact.

Gotta call you out on that one, from his mouth to yours or second hand gossip,I think he meant your disgruntled time to move ahead now off this subject

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Upfan111 wrote:Kniven :roll: :roll: come on, there's no way Langenbrunner would say that to you.
As for "Mouse"; is that Brian "mouse" Meisner? He is a phenomenal coach!! Played at Scholastica, former head coach for Wichita Falls and former assistant for MN Wilderness in the NAHL, assistant D1 coach in Alaska. If he is truly interested, that would be a no brainer. He cares for kids, great teacher of the game, and drama free.

If that's the kind of caliber of applicants they get for the job, the Jacks will be in great hands.
Allot of folks in Cloquet calling this guy a puppet to Jaimie. I don't know the guy. I can post the actual texts here between Esse and Jaimie where he spells this all out. I found it hard to believe as well. Meitner will be the next coach. I'm sure he's a fine coach too. It is what it is. I'll always support the kids in the purple sweaters

formersection3Afan

Post by formersection3Afan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:52 pm

kniven wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:Kniven :roll: :roll: come on, there's no way Langenbrunner would say that to you.

Allot of folks in Cloquet calling this guy a puppet to Jaimie. I don't know the guy. I can post the actual texts here between Esse and Jaimie where he spells this all out. I found it hard to believe as well. Meitner will be the next coach. I'm sure he's a fine coach too. It is what it is. I'll always support the kids in the purple sweaters
there goes the chance they were coming to Holy Family

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:24 pm

kniven wrote:

So bottom line second hand gossip??

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:48 pm

kniven wrote:

Not a good idea.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

kniven

Post by kniven » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 pm

east hockey wrote:
kniven wrote:

Not a good idea.

Lee
Agreed. And I wouldn't be able to film for another team. I decided against any of that. I like the kids in purple to much. It just wouldn't feel right.