Coaching Changes - 2017-18

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:06 am

You gotta make up your mind here Spoiler.......are you:

A). A completely uninvolved party that doesn't know anything about Cloquet hockey but is just a hockey fan?

Or

B). Someone who would know for certain exactly what all parties involved would think, say and do?

It can't be both.

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:39 pm

Section 8 guy wrote:You gotta make up your mind here Spoiler.......are you:

A). A completely uninvolved party that doesn't know anything about Cloquet hockey but is just a hockey fan?

Or

B). Someone who would know for certain exactly what all parties involved would think, say and do?

It can't be both.
No, just a section 7 fan who hears things, my nephew played for Denfeld in their glory days hence the Smalley rumors, I will say good to see Knieven staying with the Cloquet Club.

Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:50 am

Well for a Denfeld guy you sure seem to have a lot of really strong opinions about Cloquet stuff that you either don't know very much about but for some reason feel the need to opine on or are trying to play dumb and push an agenda for some reason.

I'm calling shenanigans.

Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:41 am

Section 8 guy wrote:Well for a Denfeld guy you sure seem to have a lot of really strong opinions about Cloquet stuff that you either don't know very much about but for some reason feel the need to opine on or are trying to play dumb and push an agenda for some reason.

I'm calling shenanigans.
My question is all of this is does Hermantown know that the Langenbruner kid might be in play (if his dad is thinking East according to the thread) and has their scouting team contacted him? I know they are working the range towns hard (have been for several years) to find kids so I am sure they would hate to miss one on their door step. Have to confess to not watching the A tourney this year but didn't they get scored on a couple of times while on their annual slaughter of the lambs run to St Paul? Can't have that, this kid could really help them out.

boblee

Post by boblee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 am

This thread has been hijacked. it went from good intentions to shenanigans real quick.

rainier

Post by rainier » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Wet Paint wrote:
Section 8 guy wrote:Well for a Denfeld guy you sure seem to have a lot of really strong opinions about Cloquet stuff that you either don't know very much about but for some reason feel the need to opine on or are trying to play dumb and push an agenda for some reason.

I'm calling shenanigans.
My question is all of this is does Hermantown know that the Langenbruner kid might be in play (if his dad is thinking East according to the thread) and has their scouting team contacted him? I know they are working the range towns hard (have been for several years) to find kids so I am sure they would hate to miss one on their door step. Have to confess to not watching the A tourney this year but didn't they get scored on a couple of times while on their annual slaughter of the lambs run to St Paul? Can't have that, this kid could really help them out.
Even if Hermantown did land another superstar or two, we must remember that they are now in a "down" cycle, so Class A is truly, honestly where they belong. I heard the Hawks will be so "down" this year that their 2 year streak of beating the eventual AA champ is in jeopardy, and their margins of victory in the 7A playoffs may drop from 8 down to 5. The horror! :D

Is it too late for the Hawks to change their name to the Ducks? Partly for biological accuracy in that ducks actually do fly together, and partly because the list of teams they duck in the 7AA playoffs just got longer now that Cloquet is so strong. :D

I really want to see the Lumberjacks win 7AA this year, so hopefully the soap opera ends soon with a good coach installed.
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn

kniven

Post by kniven » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:48 pm

rainier wrote:
Wet Paint wrote:

I'm calling shenanigans.
Even if Hermantown did land another superstar or two, we must remember that they are now in a "down" cycle, so Class A is truly, honestly where they belong. I heard the Hawks will be so "down" this year that their 2 year streak of beating the eventual AA champ is in jeopardy, and their margins of victory in the 7A playoffs may drop from 8 down to 5. The horror! :D

Is it too late for the Hawks to change their name to the Ducks? Partly for biological accuracy in that ducks actually do fly together, and partly because the list of teams they duck in the 7AA playoffs just got longer now that Cloquet is so strong. :D

I really want to see the Lumberjacks win 7AA this year, so hopefully the soap opera ends soon with a good coach installed.
My hope is that the "noise" shuts the %>€! Up and just let these kids play hockey. I know every one of those kids personally. And I am so proud of them for their hard work. Get a coaching staff and they and those kids will be fine. I've been filming the kids since PeeWee's. Those kids are a tight knit family, which believe in each other.

Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:42 am

boblee wrote:This thread has been hijacked. it went from good intentions to shenanigans real quick.
If you're referring to my comments you've got the, wrong idea. People should be able to speak their mind on the board without someone challenging every post they make. That wasn't happening. That's all.

boblee

Post by boblee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:11 am

Section 8 guy wrote:
boblee wrote:This thread has been hijacked. it went from good intentions to shenanigans real quick.
If you're referring to my comments you've got the, wrong idea. People should be able to speak their mind on the board without someone challenging every post they make. That wasn't happening. That's all.
My comment was in reference to this thread being a running tally of coaching changes. It has become a Cloquet hockey thread.

hadenuf

Post by hadenuf » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:46 pm

At least it has taken the attention away from the GRHS soap opera. :-({|=

BP

Post by BP » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:23 pm

Kevin Smalley hired at Cloquet - Denfeld now open.

kniven

Post by kniven » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:21 pm

BP wrote:Kevin Smalley hired at Cloquet - Denfeld now open.
so who interviews at Denfeld now? anybody care to speculate? not sure how much fun being a punching bag to hermantown would be, but you have to start somewhere as a coach i guess....

Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:27 pm

kniven wrote:
so who interviews at Denfeld now? anybody care to speculate? not sure how much fun being a punching bag to hermantown would be, but you have to start somewhere as a coach i guess....
A few names I've heard
Dale Jago
Scott Kishel( coached denfeld bantams)
Brian Lent - DHS assistant coach
Adam Shykes

BP

Post by BP » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:18 am

Added Princeton to the list - Jeff Hanson has stepped down.

wannagototherink

Post by wannagototherink » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Usthockey13 wrote:
kniven wrote:
A few names I've heard
Dale Jago
Scott Kishel( coached denfeld bantams)
Brian Lent - DHS assistant coach
Adam Shykes
Any steam on who the front runner is? My guess (emphasis on guess) is Jago and Kishel would be the favorites. Has anyone heard?
"I've never seen a dumb-bell score a goal!" ~Gretter

Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:19 am

Will / Has Esse put his name in it? An article stated he has had numerous coaching offers. Wouldn't be too far from Cloquet travel wise.

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:03 am

Upfan111 wrote:Will / Has Esse put his name in it? An article stated he has had numerous coaching offers. Wouldn't be too far from Cloquet travel wise.

Where else?

Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Rumor on the street is Smalley wants back to Denfeld. Heard he found out the hard way he doesnt want to deal with Jamie and all he bring around him

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Usthockey13 wrote:Rumor on the street is Smalley wants back to Denfeld. Heard he found out the hard way he doesnt want to deal with Jamie and all he bring around him
cmon??

Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:11 pm

SpOilerfan wrote:
Usthockey13 wrote:Rumor on the street is Smalley wants back to Denfeld. Heard he found out the hard way he doesnt want to deal with Jamie and all he bring around him
cmon??
UST-seriously?? Is this just tittle-tattle for the board or is there something solid behind that statement?

wannagototherink

Post by wannagototherink » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Upfan111 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
cmon??
UST-seriously?? Is this just tittle-tattle for the board or is there something solid behind that statement?
Heard the same thing.
"I've never seen a dumb-bell score a goal!" ~Gretter

Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:35 pm

wannagototherink wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
cmon??
Heard the same thing.
Really?? No way.

Well if that's the case Lee should of put up a poll.

Did Steve make this up?

Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Upfan111 wrote:
wannagototherink wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
cmon??
Heard the same thing.
Really?? No way.

Well if that's the case Lee should of put up a poll.

Spoiler..... you checking your connections? Lol!!!

BP

Post by BP » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Southwest Christian has added Erik Westrum as their new head coach.

thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 pm

BP wrote:Southwest Christian has added Erik Westrum as their new head coach.
The school, who?
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ