TV timeouts and 2 lines.

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hermhawkey

TV timeouts and 2 lines.

Post by Hermhawkey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:45 am

I noticed MAML ran two lines all tournament. Did they do this all year or just during the run through playoffs? Seems to me it may explain how a team ranked 14ish in A could have pulled this off. Run 3 regular season and 2 during the play offs by taking advantage of all the timeouts. Come in under the radar so to speak.

GoldyGopher

Re: TV timeouts and 2 lines.

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:34 pm

Hermhawkey wrote:I noticed MAML ran two lines all tournament. Did they do this all year or just during the run through playoffs? Seems to me it may explain how a team ranked 14ish in A could have pulled this off. Run 3 regular season and 2 during the play offs by taking advantage of all the timeouts. Come in under the radar so to speak.
Several teams in class A did that, even Hermantown as the game progressed did that. Almost have to in class A. But judging by numbers they played 3 lines in regular season games, how much I do not know.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Hawks ran a 3rd line almost the whole tourney. Didn't change until the overtime. In the end, I think that was the difference.

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Hermhawkey wrote:Hawks ran a 3rd line almost the whole tourney. Didn't change until the overtime. In the end, I think that was the difference.
Sandlien must have been on both the 1st and 3rd lines!

Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:05 pm

mulefarm wrote:
Hermhawkey wrote:Hawks ran a 3rd line almost the whole tourney. Didn't change until the overtime. In the end, I think that was the difference.
Sandlien must have been on both the 1st and 3rd lines!
They seemed to run 3 centers and 2 sets of wings in OT's against MAML. Sandelin is a wing.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Hermantown running three and opponents running one - two should probably wake you up to something...

:idea: