What's up with Cloquet hockey??

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mnmouth

What's up with Cloquet hockey??

Post by mnmouth »

So, Dave Esse fires Jamie Langenbrunner off his staff last week. This week, reportedly, assistant Kyle Young resigns on Monday and Esse resigns last night. Not optimal timing for a program on the rise.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Jamie Langenbrunner should take over the whole program.
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

Hey Kniven....what's the scoop?
I've got a Hamilton that says it is a parent issue.
kniven

Post by kniven »

hadenuf wrote:Hey Kniven....what's the scoop?
I've got a Hamilton that says it is a parent issue.
Yes. A sad day with Esse and his staff resigning. *sigh
blueblood

Cloquet

Post by blueblood »

Wow! This team has high aspirations for the coming few seasons.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

At this point, all I think we can confirm is that Langenbrunner is out; Esse has not officially resigned or been driven out. At this point.

From the start, I was skeptical that Langenbrunner and Esse would stay on rosy terms through Langenbrunner's time as a Cloquet parent--though it has sure blown up quickly.

Neither of these men are the sort who take things lying down, either. We may be in for quite the saga.
kniven

Post by kniven »

A tribute to my CEC Lumberjacks hockey. Memories will last a lifetime. It has truely been an honor and privilege serving the kids of Cloquet, Esko, and Carlton since 2012-2013.

https://youtu.be/aMW3EybRXV0
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

kniven wrote:A tribute to my CEC Lumberjacks hockey. Memories will last a lifetime. It has truely been an honor and privilege serving the kids of Cloquet, Esko, and Carlton since 2012-2013.

Are you going to stop being a fan or what? The program isn't over....
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I know absolutely nothing about this situation but I have noticed that whenever a team has some up and coming and very talented young players the expectations can take on a whole new life of their own.

Again, I know nothing about this but the pressure in prep sports is much higher today than when I was a kid. It's a different animal.
gitter

Post by gitter »

karl(east) wrote:At this point, all I think we can confirm is that Langenbrunner is out; Esse has not officially resigned or been driven out. At this point.

From the start, I was skeptical that Langenbrunner and Esse would stay on rosy terms through Langenbrunner's time as a Cloquet parent--though it has sure blown up quickly.

Neither of these men are the sort who take things lying down, either. We may be in for quite the saga.
As an alumni and speaking to other alumni, I believe it is true.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Slammer wrote:
kniven wrote:A tribute to my CEC Lumberjacks hockey. Memories will last a lifetime. It has truely been an honor and privilege serving the kids of Cloquet, Esko, and Carlton since 2012-2013.

I'll always be a fan of the team in purple and Minnesota high schol hockey. Esse asked me to be part of the team in 2012. Esse is stepping down so I am going to as well.
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

gitter wrote:
karl(east) wrote:At this point, all I think we can confirm is that Langenbrunner is out; Esse has not officially resigned or been driven out. At this point.

My understanding, as of last night, no paper work has been submitted. Nothing official until that has happened, and the board has accepted the written resignation.
Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint »

Schotzy wrote:
gitter wrote:

My understanding, as of last night, no paper work has been submitted. Nothing official until that has happened, and the board has accepted the written resignation.
News paper said it is official. Resigned this morning. Will be really interesting to see how this shakes out. They have a talented bunch coming up that I expected to rattle a few cages.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

jacks85

Post by jacks85 »

kniven wrote:
Slammer wrote:

I'll always be a fan of the team in purple and Minnesota high schol hockey. Esse asked me to be part of the team in 2012. Esse is stepping down so I am going to as well.
Kniven - as an alum - I respect your decision and would do the same! Tough day for Cloquet hockey.
kniven

Post by kniven »

jacks85 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Slammer wrote: Are you going to stop being a fan or what? The program isn't over....
Kniven - as an alum - I respect your decision and would do the same! Tough day for Cloquet hockey.
Thank you.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Without knowing all of the inside facts, your article seems insightful and well balanced. Great job as usual.
kniven

Post by kniven »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Without knowing all of the inside facts, your article seems insightful and well balanced. Great job as usual.
Right on the money Karl. The next 3-5 years were looking very tasty indeed. Nobody knows now though. I predict instability and chaos. Early departures and several coaches coming and going depending on the talent. I once knew somebody who came into a lot of money. Turned the guy/friend his extended family into greedy and unhappy people. His kids I believe are on their 4th mother now. The kids are greatest though. Unconditional love as always. Do their best under the circumstances.
Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey »

Sad, sad, sad. Having been around Esse for many years I think he is a class act. He deserves better. He was on the cusp of getting great players. It would have been exactly what he deserved. Not this.

JL does not belong anywhere near kids. The behavior I have witnessed is exactly what is wrong with the parent coach/legends in their own mind types.
He brings that to a new level. If he is the new coach I would feel very sorry for those great kids and parents.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

I'm hoping Jamie Langenbrunner is the new coach. It would be good for northern hockey.
jacks85

Post by jacks85 »

Slammer wrote:I'm hoping Jamie Langenbrunner is the new coach. It would be good for northern hockey.
Good for Northern hockey? Meaning good for East, Rapids and everyone else in their section because the jacks would be in the box for bench minors every single game? JL at the helm would not be good for northern hockey or Cloquet hockey. Guessing you are another outsider who is star struck and easily influenced. Just because someone plays in the NHL doesn't mean they are good coaches.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

jacks85 wrote:
Slammer wrote:I'm hoping Jamie Langenbrunner is the new coach. It would be good for northern hockey.
Good for Northern hockey? Meaning good for East, Rapids and everyone else in their section because the jacks would be in the box for bench minors every single game? JL at the helm would not be good for northern hockey or Cloquet hockey. Guessing you are another outsider who is star struck and easily influenced. Just because someone plays in the NHL doesn't mean they are good coaches.
I agree. JL has no control over his temper and would make a former Greenway coach look like a choir boy.
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

greenwayraider wrote:
jacks85 wrote:
I agree. JL has no control over his temper and would make a former Greenway coach look like a choir boy.
What he said. He should have been banned as a youth coach!
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

hadenuf wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:
jacks85 wrote: Good for Northern hockey? Meaning good for East, Rapids and everyone else in their section because the jacks would be in the box for bench minors every single game? JL at the helm would not be good for northern hockey or Cloquet hockey. Guessing you are another outsider who is star struck and easily influenced. Just because someone plays in the NHL doesn't mean they are good coaches.
What he said. He should have been banned as a youth coach!
Why? Whatever he was doing the kids responded. The pee wee AA AND Bantam AA teams did very well. Kicked out of 1 arena/ game as a youth coach; it's not like he was all the time as its being portrayed here.