What's up with Cloquet hockey??

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Duluthguy

Post by Duluthguy »

kniven wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:Is the job closed noW or is it still open?
Good question. I don't know......
As per the Cloquet school district website, the posting closes on July 14th.

The posting is here:

http://www.isd94.org/jobs.cfm?job=54377 ... 0&getjob=1

Interested?
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

Duluthguy wrote:
kniven wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:Is the job closed noW or is it still open?
Good question. I don't know......

The posting is here:

Interestedl

They sure kept that posting up for a long time! Wonder how many applicants they have gotten, and better question who has applied
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

My school district requires a 90 day posting period. Teachers and coaches stepping down/retiring with little notice can be an issue.....teachers usually know by the end of March.....coaches not so much. Our girls basketball coach resigned in June, so no coach over the summer to run a program which hurts as all other teams can run one.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

Upfan111 wrote:
Duluthguy wrote:
kniven wrote: Good question. I don't know......

The posting is here:

Interestedl

They sure kept that posting up for a long time! Wonder how many applicants they have gotten, and better question who has applied

my sources say the job is kevin smalleys, an excellent selection
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

SpOilerfan wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:
Duluthguy wrote: As per the Cloquet school district website, the posting closes on July 14th.

The posting is here:

Interestedl

Smalley would be a good choice now, if he convince Tom Peart to come aboard as a possible assistant, THAT would be one heck of a staff
kniven

Post by kniven »

I wonder how long until the official announcement on the new head coach/staff.
Duluthguy

Post by Duluthguy »

Upfan111 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:
Smalley would be a good choice now, if he convince Tom Peart to come aboard as a possible assistant, THAT would be one heck of a staff
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves, here.

I'm not an expert in public sector hiring, but I find it hard to believe anything is a done deal yet. The job posting doesn't close until today. Then the AD will have to do interviews. Ultimately, the AD answers to the principal, who answers to the superintendent, who answers to the school board, which makes this a political process, particularly when it's the hockey coach at Cloquet. And they have a brand new AD, on the job for like two weeks. I'm guessing he's not going to rush his first high profile hire, having been in place such a short period of time.

Maybe he's going to fast track it, interview 2-3 people Monday and have someone in place by Tuesday, but I'd be surprised.

And I'm not saying Smalley wouldn't be a good hire. I have no knowledge of who might or might not get the job. I'm just saying that all things considered, I'd be surprised if this is already a done deal.
kniven

Post by kniven »

I've got a gut feeling this posting procedure was just a formality that legally needs to happen. Jamie pulling the strings here. The official announcement won't be long. I've got my ears on......
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

kniven wrote:I've got a gut feeling this posting procedure was just a formality that legally needs to happen. Jamie pulling the strings here. The official announcement won't be long. I've got my ears on......
Sounds like you should stop drinking the Kool aide and maybe stop listening to the former guy. He's still out blaming and not taking any ownership.

What's your "guy" and your ears telling you who has all applied?
kniven

Post by kniven »

Not blaming :). JL15 was a great NHL hockey player who just happens to have 2 sons who play great hockey. 2+2 still equals 4
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

kniven wrote:Not blaming :). JL15 was a great NHL hockey player who just happens to have 2 sons who play great hockey. 2+2 still equals 4
You were a very well respected member of the board Kniiven. All those years. Are you seriously just going to give that all up?
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Jeffy95 wrote:
kniven wrote:Not blaming :). JL15 was a great NHL hockey player who just happens to have 2 sons who play great hockey. 2+2 still equals 4
You were a very well respected member of the board Kniiven. All those years. Are you seriously just going to give that all up?
Changed your name to Hermantown????? Why not cheer for a real program? Lots of room on the Hounds bandwagon.. ..
kniven

Post by kniven »

I will always be a huge fan of the CEC hockey kids. Lots of talent coming into the HS program the next 4 years. Ultimately 218 hockey , of course. Duluth East hockey is king. Rapids the current champs. Hermantown A supreme. CEC will be fine. Esse was the rock. New regime will hopefully be a rock. Rapids regime taking over that program I wish them the best. I'm just looking forward to some great 218 hockey in the Elite league in the fall and the season this winter. I see any kid(s) from any program, and I want to shake their hand. I'm about the kids and wish them all the best. Minnesota High School Hockey is my favorite sport in the world. :)
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

kniven wrote:I've got a gut feeling this posting procedure was just a formality that legally needs to happen. Jamie pulling the strings here. The official announcement won't be long. I've got my ears on......
Most school districts have a set procedure for hirings...post the opening for a specific amount of time, AD interviews and ranks applications, school board then hires. Unless the school board has been corrupted....See Lakevi lle North......there is no formality.
kniven

Post by kniven »

goldy313 wrote:
Most school districts have a set procedure for hirings...post the opening for a specific amount of time, AD interviews and ranks applications, school board then hires. Unless the school board has been corrupted....See Lakevi lle North......there is no formality.
I'm shocked nothing has been reveiled yet here. Hmmm. Could their be a disagreement among the parents? Esse threw himself on the sword for the kids. He wouldn't coach a split locker room like in 12-13. Seems there might still be a split. The parents and Jaimie. School board and new AD have absolutely ZERO input on this. Now I'm really curious to see who's going to coach. Tell you one thing.....I do not envy the next coach/staff.

East, Elk, Andover have the talent/depth and the stability at the top. I see these 3 programs consistently kicking ass. CEC kids are amazing. But unfortunately the talent will take a back seat to chaos like it did in 12-13 when everything blew up. It's so disappointing. I feel so bad for the kids. But again....what do I know. I'm an idiot that cares about the kids always first. I really hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

kniven wrote:
goldy313 wrote:
I'm shocked nothing has been reveiled yet here. Hmmm. Could their be a disagreement among the parents? Esse threw himself on the sword for the kids. He wouldn't coach a split locker room like in 12-13. Seems there might still be a split. The parents and Jaimie. School board and new AD have absolutely ZERO input on this. Now I'm really curious to see who's going to coach. Tell you one thing.....I do not envy the next coach/staff.

East, Elk, Andover have the talent/depth and the stability at the top. I see these 3 programs consistently kicking ass. CEC kids are amazing. But unfortunately the talent will take a back seat to chaos like it did in 12-13 when everything blew up. It's so disappointing. I feel so bad for the kids. But again....what do I know. I'm an idiot that cares about the kids always first. I really hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.
quit blaming langenbrunner for everything and let the process take place, that program will be just fine as they have always had quality hard working kids, if you care about the kids you would let it go, and remind us who was the coach in 12-13? waa langenbrunner even in town than? good luck in their hiring wish them well
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

kniven wrote:
goldy313 wrote:

school board and a.d. have zero input on this?? wow that might be a first
kniven

Post by kniven »

People in Cloquet have been threatened that they will lose their job if they interfere. And if you read earlier posts, ad and board have zero influence else where as well. It just what it is. Life isn't always fair. I'm a big boy. I'll be fine
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

kniven wrote:People in Cloquet have been threatened that they will lose their job if they interfere. And if you read earlier posts, ad and board have zero influence else where as well. It just what it is. Life isn't always fair. I'm a big boy. I'll be fine
I have to call you out of this one. That's hog wash!! Quit drinking the former coaches kool aide and let the process run its course.

Was there an incident with Langembrunner in 12-13? I thought he was still in NHL at the time.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:People in Cloquet have been threatened that they will lose their job if they interfere. And if you read earlier posts, ad and board have zero influence else where as well. It just what it is. Life isn't always fair. I'm a big boy. I'll be fine
I have to call you out of this one. That's hog wash!! Quit drinking the former coaches kool aide and let the process run its course.

Was there an incident with Langembrunner in 12-13? I thought he was still in NHL at the time.
The NHL 12-13 season was a lockout season that started in later part of January 2013. Langenbrunner played in four games before having a season ending surgery in the early part of February 2013.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Former Coach didn't say anything. It was the person(s) who were threatened that don't me about it. In 12-13, it's was threatening as from powerful Cloquet parents. It's what it is. Cloquet isn't the center of my universe. I could really care less. Huge fan always of the kids though. The politics of hockey bore me big time. It's about the kids in my book. It's the kids that will make this work not the parents or coaches.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

kniven wrote:Former Coach didn't say anything. It was the person(s) who were threatened that don't me about it. In 12-13, it's was threatening as from powerful Cloquet parents. It's what it is. Cloquet isn't the center of my universe. I could really care less. Huge fan always of the kids though. The politics of hockey bore me big time. It's about the kids in my book. It's the kids that will make this work not the parents or coaches.
Then quit throwing Langenbrunner under the bus! We all know the coach had more then one incident, let it go. Now let the program move on.
kniven

Post by kniven »

I'm not going to debate you. I think JL15 is awesome! I just agree to disagree with him on Esse. And I know JL15 well enough I would tell him this if I saw him. People disagree all the time but still can choose to respect each other. It's ok. I think your ok. We just agree to disagree.
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

Looking from the outside, you should be consistent in your criticism. JL15 isn't always at fault. It takes two to tango. Right?!?

I disagree with SpOiler fan, after thinking about it, I don't think Smalley would be a great choice for,a "AA". Team.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Upfan111 wrote:Looking from the outside, you should be consistent in your criticism. JL15 isn't always at fault. It takes two to tango. Right?!?

I disagree with SpOiler fan, after thinking about it, I don't think Smalley would be a great choice for,a "AA". Team.
You are right upfan. It does take 2 to tango.