Midsummer YHH HS Hockey Podcast

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

Midsummer YHH HS Hockey Podcast

Post by karl(east) »

Tony, Danny, and I all caught various parts of the summer scrimmages in Edina (and Bloomington) this weekend, and did a summer version of the podcast that includes current top 10, comings and goings for players and coaches, and section picks.

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_arti ... _id=967184

We recorded this morning, so the this doesn't reflect any of the Sunday playoff games (though I don't think the results there changed our impressions of anyone).

I'm in studio so you can actually hear what I'm saying! (We are going to work on a serious solution for that issue this season.)
kniven

Re: Midsummer YHH HS Hockey Podcast

Post by kniven »

karl(east) wrote:Tony, Danny, and I all caught various parts of the summer scrimmages in Edina (and Bloomington) this weekend, and did a summer version of the podcast that includes current top 10, comings and goings for players and coaches, and section picks.

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_arti ... _id=967184

We recorded this morning, so the this doesn't reflect any of the Sunday playoff games (though I don't think the results there changed our impressions of anyone).

I'm in studio so you can actually hear what I'm saying! (We are going to work on a serious solution for that issue this season.)
Ah yes. I listened to the entire broadcast. As always...very informative and I could actually hear KarlEast! Well done boys! It would be nice to hear KarlEast during the season :)))
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

As usual, retirees are first to listen.

Tony and I went over some rankings a couple weeks ago. My only thoughts on todays numbers are:

o At least two of you three are now voting that Wayzata should be a top 10 contender if no early departs, by the time all is said and done, even if some ups and downs occur like in recent years. Hard to disagree...

o Minnetonka at 6 might be a little high until some money is in the bank. Like maybe winning the upcoming new BIG Turkey Trny.

o Eden Prairie at 8 might be a little low for opposite reason.

o Agree with Danny that GRHS now starts out at lower Top 15. And Elk showed promise this weekend. When you add in Cloquet and Andover, the Section 7 playoffs will take over from Ringling as The Greatest Show on Earth. Kniven, dust off your living room Internet Camera.

Duluth East cashed in chips this weekend even with no shows, injureds, and early quits for Elite tryouts. Rematch coming, of 1997 championship game with Edina? Many dont know that Hounds are the only team in State with a net winning record against Hornets in the winners bracket. Karl?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

WestMetro wrote:Duluth East cashed in chips this weekend even with no shows, injureds, and early quits for Elite tryouts. Rematch coming, of 1997 championship game with Edina? Many dont know that Hounds are the only team in State with a net winning record against Hornets in the winners bracket. Karl?
That they do. They haven't always played regularly, but Randolph's record against Edina is pretty gaudy...though don't remind him of 1997. :lol:

As an East fan, obviously it's hard not to be pleased with the results here. As you say, they were down a number of players (and down more and more as the weekend went on) and still rolled on through. I liked what I saw in all parts of their game. But...we're an awful long way from November, let alone March. Gotta keep building. Great showing, but it's hard to measure them against the Edinas and Moorheads and STAs (or the Cloquets) of the world when they weren't there and I haven't seen them yet.

Longer thoughts to follow tomorrow...
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Tony...sticking with Centennial as his pick in Section 5AA...brought a smile to my face. 😉 And who knows.. maybe the 3rd time will be the charm.. for their seniors.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Pretty sure Centennial is the only rink in the state...I'm safe. I've always had a thing for Cougars.

I now have proof that West Metro and I aren't the same person! I've really enjoyed our text messages over the past couple years. We see eye to eye on a lot, but we also have some really good battles, too.

LOL...yes, Kniven that choir concert was awesome...please more of those next year!!! It made me completely forget about the TD and extra point STA put up on Jefferson just an hour before.

Thanks everyone for listening...the response and listenership for this show has been terrific.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

WestMetro wrote:Minnetonka at 6 might be a little high until some money is in the bank. Like maybe winning the upcoming new BIG Turkey Trny.
Are they not coming off of 2 years of great success with their Bantam A's and returning most of their key players from last season?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Correcting a point made on this podcast and in my blog post (which I've edited there): Chris Kronin is not committed to UNH, or anywhere, at least at the moment. That was a false rumor going around the arena this past weekend.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Slap shot- yes to all of that , but they have things to prove as a varsity HS hockey team. IMHO lower top 10, not top 6