Holy angels

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mike038311

Holy angels

Post by Mike038311 »

Here they have large number of incoming transfers. Maybe new coach can lead to better things. Let's be honest it couldn't get any worse.
Mike038311

Post by Mike038311 »

Has anybody heard of any names and if they are of quality?
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I do not have names, but I have seen them all summer and this fall. The one thing I see is that they have a couple of hard working boys. There are like 13 seniors, so the remnants of Palm are still there. New coach will need a couple of years. Schedule looks a bit better for them. Will know more in 2 weeks when practice starts. Will try and get names...
BP

Post by BP »

Zamman wrote:I do not have names, but I have seen them all summer and this fall. The one thing I see is that they have a couple of hard working boys. There are like 13 seniors, so the remnants of Palm are still there. New coach will need a couple of years. Schedule looks a bit better for them. Will know more in 2 weeks when practice starts. Will try and get names...

Zamman - seen tryouts at all? How's things looking?
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I watched about 20 minutes yesterday. They have a different appearance than with coach Palm. I am hoping that the excitement and the hard work will produce better results than we have seen in the past few years. I noticed a couple of new players that are pure hustle, like from the teams 10 years ago. They also have a few younger, smaller players that remind me of myself when I was that young. Not sure how they would do. I will know more when they have their scrimmages this weekend.
BP

Post by BP »

Zamman wrote:I watched about 20 minutes yesterday. They have a different appearance than with coach Palm. I am hoping that the excitement and the hard work will produce better results than we have seen in the past few years. I noticed a couple of new players that are pure hustle, like from the teams 10 years ago. They also have a few younger, smaller players that remind me of myself when I was that young. Not sure how they would do. I will know more when they have their scrimmages this weekend.

Zamman - how'd it go today?
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

They are playing for the 4A football championship......a school that size has to have players on both teams,
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

yes there are 6 or 7 football players on the team so they need to wait till Saturday. First football championship coming home. As far as the team from the scrimmages that I watched they are much faster than before, few new players with skill, some small. Because it is only scrimmages I can only see that they still need to shoot the puck more. Other than that we will have to wait and see.
BP

Post by BP »

Zamman wrote:yes there are 6 or 7 football players on the team so they need to wait till Saturday. First football championship coming home. As far as the team from the scrimmages that I watched they are much faster than before, few new players with skill, some small. Because it is only scrimmages I can only see that they still need to shoot the puck more. Other than that we will have to wait and see.

I hear the score was 4-2. Where you there Zamman? How'd it go if you were?
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

BP wrote:
Zamman wrote:yes there are 6 or 7 football players on the team so they need to wait till Saturday. First football championship coming home. As far as the team from the scrimmages that I watched they are much faster than before, few new players with skill, some small. Because it is only scrimmages I can only see that they still need to shoot the puck more. Other than that we will have to wait and see.

I hear the score was 4-2. Where you there Zamman? How'd it go if you were?
Yes I was there. Started a bit slow, for both teams. Physical for HA, in the box again. But Chaska has some players on their team, Pitlick is pretty quick. Goalie was good. Stars having many players in the Football game last week will need a couple of weeks to really get it going.
I will say there is a difference from last year to this year. New coach will do that. The third period was good. Stars got lots of shots and made a good effort.
Next game Saturday against Providence.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Always great to visit Richfield historic rink 1, one of best venues in the metro

Expected Hawks to win by 5+ goals

AHA was not intimidated by the Hawks talent

Thought the big story was Stars goalie Luke Miller stopping closer to 40-45 Sogs by my estimate , remaining very steady against 4 D1 commits with a couple great snipers
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Must have been intimidated by Providence Academy !
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Good one MinnScout!

Who changes coaches more often: Providence or Orono?

Both of them are doing well right now!
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Orono should have nice season but future doesn't look so bright. Enjoy this season Spartans. PA is not good now or anytime soon. You are right, if a coach lasts 2 seasons its a miracle.
boblee

Post by boblee »

High school hockey is better when Holy Angels is/are relevant.