Scrimmage schedules?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Immigrant Fan

Scrimmage schedules?

Post by Immigrant Fan »

Where do people find schedules for upcoming scrimmages? On another thread I saw someone mention a scrimmage planned between Greenway and H-M. I recall seeing H-M in GR in past years, so just wondering if anyone knows of anything upcoming. I suspect a few of us less-connected fans will appreciate hearing of preseason opportunities to see our teams.
Not born here...
...but, would hate to leave
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

H-M at Rapids 3:10 on Friday 11/17
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

pioneers wrote:H-M at Rapids 3:10 on Friday 11/17
Also see that H-M is scrimmaging Greenway at 6:15 on Friday.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Not sure of the teams, but Holy Angels has scheduled scrimmages on Saturday Nov 17 from noon to 4:00. I will try and get a list of the teams this week.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Scrimmages at St Louis Park 11/17 and 11/18, teams that will be there 1 or both days.
Benilde
Hill Murray
St Thomas
Minnetonka
Blaine
Armstrong
Eden Prairie
11/17 Start at 530pm
11/18 Start at 8am and finish at 530pm
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

minnscout wrote:Scrimmages at St Louis Park 11/17 and 11/18, teams that will be there 1 or both days.
Benilde
Hill Murray
St Thomas
Minnetonka
Blaine
Armstrong
Eden Prairie
11/17 Start at 530pm
This will be H-M JV not Varsity
minnscout

That is correct, HM only playing in the JV scrimmages.

Post by minnscout »

pioneers wrote:
minnscout wrote:Scrimmages at St Louis Park 11/17 and 11/18, teams that will be there 1 or both days.
Benilde
Hill Murray
St Thomas
Minnetonka
Blaine
Armstrong
Eden Prairie
11/17 Start at 530pm
This will be H-M JV not Varsity
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Corrrect, HM only playing in JV scrimmages. All the other teams have varsity teams and jv teams there.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

OK got the teams for the Holy Angels Scrimmages:
Holy Angels
New Prague
Apple Valley
Varsity and JV both rinks
HockeyStorm

Post by HockeyStorm »

Duluth Marshall and Hermantown are hosting scrimmages on 11/18.

Duluth Marshall again on 11/24 and Hermantown on 11/25.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Anyone go to this?
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

Anyone know the Saturday Nov 18 scrimmage schedule up in Roseau?
ndirishfighting

Post by ndirishfighting »

Hill-Murray 3 Greenway 3
They’re kids NOT PROFESSIONALS
It’s just a game!
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
Anyone go to this?
Yes H-M dominated. 8-0 over 2 45 minute sessions. Rapids only had about 2 shots on goal.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

ndirishfighting wrote:Hill-Murray 3 Greenway 3
Thought Greenway had some good players. They definitely played with a lot of enthusiasm. Was actually a pretty good crowd for a scrimmage.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Hard to know what to takeaway from a scrimmage but can't help feeling a little positive about the result. Hard to know how much Hill-Murray played it's top lines. They also played for a couple hours earlier at Rapids. Let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic. Couldn't make the scrimmage so I'll have to find out the details at Monday morning coffee with the guys.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

pioneers wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:
Anyone go to this?
Yes H-M dominated. 8-0 over 2 45 minute sessions. Rapids only had about 2 shots on goal.
Going to be a long season for the orange and black.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Cloquet 2, Greenway 0.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
pioneers wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote: Anyone go to this?
That is a sign of a bigger drop off than I anticipated. I’m very content with last years title run for a while though. I just hope Rapids can be a quality quarterfinal opponent when February comes around.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
pioneers wrote: Yes H-M dominated. 8-0 over 2 45 minute sessions. Rapids only had about 2 shots on goal.
That is a sign of a bigger drop off than I anticipated. I’m very content with last years title run for a while though. I just hope Rapids can be a quality quarterfinal opponent when February comes around.
It was bound to happen DJ in a small community based program. Rapids has had a decent run of some good competitive teams for quite a while now.
Immigrant Fan

Post by Immigrant Fan »

To clarify a bit on the GR v HM scrimmage, the first 45 minutes was 5 on 5. The second 45 minutes was primarily working on power plays and penalty kills.

By my count, HM won the first 45 minutes 3-0. Holum looked very good and the defense was ok. But, I did not see any sog for GR. A defenseman did take a shot, but it was well off the mark. GR is going to have to figure out how to find some goals. To that end, it will help to figure out how to get the puck out of their end. Otherwise we may end-up hoping for a bunch of 0-0 ties.

The second 45 minutes was fairly ugly to my less knowledgeable mind.

GR players seemed engaged, so I did not sense a funk. I hear they like HC CM, so we will see how they grow. Whatever happens, until March 10 at least, Grand Rapids Thunderhawks are reigning state champions!
Not born here...
...but, would hate to leave
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

I get that small town schools have ups and downs in terms of talent. Usually for Grand Rapids that means a team that when it is a down year is still a .500 squad that no one really wants to face in the playoffs. The worst season I can recall is the one they were probably still about .500 but got skated out of the building down in Forest Lake in the quarterfinals. This year a poor start isn't going to doom them unless they let it. They can improve if they choose to. Gotta decide if as a player and team how bad you want it. Eat fast food, soda, and not take strength training seriously, would tell me they don't want it bad enough. Want to be a player that scores goals? Put in the work, I don't believe in crap about someone being "born with it", whether that is sports or any other endeavor in life. You work hard enough you can be a goal scorer too. They certainly have the coaches and people in that community to help them achieve their goals. The knowledge and experience in the Grand Rapids hockey community is overwhelming.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

When a team loses 4 DI players and National Coach of the Year it will mostly likely be a tough year. With Rapids’ schedule they will have a difficult time getting to 10 wins. Most likely be Forest Lake or them as the six seed.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Scrimmage result: Hermantown 10, Greenway 0.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

greenwayraider wrote:When a team loses 4 DI players and National Coach of the Year it will mostly likely be a tough year. With Rapids’ schedule they will have a difficult time getting to 10 wins. Most likely be Forest Lake or them as the six seed.
You are right they certainly are not in a position it would seem to be competing for a top 2 seed like most seasons. Given their situation they just need to focus on getting better and they will be facing enough top 10 competition all year that when the playoffs do come around, this team will know exactly what kind of speed they'll have to play at to succeed. Doesn't look like GR will be in a down cycle for long. Their current Bantam AA team is 8-2 and ranked #4 on youthhockeyhub.com