Class 1A Preview

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

Class 1A Preview

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:06 pm

Class 1A Preview
http://bit.ly/2hPZmbt
Hermantown begins at No. 1

zooomx

Re: Class 1A Preview

Post by zooomx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:37 pm

YouthHockeyHub wrote:Class 1A Preview
http://bit.ly/2hPZmbt
Hermantown begins at No. 1
Randazzo is not a goalie with the Alexandria team. He is playing Midget AAA.

BobSaget

Post by BobSaget » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:11 am

Assuming a talented group coming in from bantams translates well to high school, this is likely Cathedral's most talented/deepest team to date. This team had a lot of room to improve on D last year, but only losing (I think) just one defenseman and loading up with a couple really good bantam defensemen will make this team quite a bit better, IMO.

And next years team should be even better, assuming all players stay through at least their junior years.

SCC, Alex and Sartell (and a couple others) should make section 6A a treat to watch this year.

HSPuckFan

Post by HSPuckFan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:16 pm

I have yet to see 1 preview that mentions the fact that Mahtomedi added Kory Pilarski from NSP,I'm no expert on transfer rules but i assume he'll be playing this year so that is huge.Perhaps I'm a homer but i really feel Mahtomedi is a top 3 team in class A.
Go Zephyrs

dueling21

Post by dueling21 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:35 pm

HSPuckFan wrote:I have yet to see 1 preview that mentions the fact that Mahtomedi added Kory Pilarski from NSP,I'm no expert on transfer rules but i assume he'll be playing this year so that is huge.Perhaps I'm a homer but i really feel Mahtomedi is a top 3 team in class A.
The Breakdown book has it in there... :)

moosepaw

SCC

Post by moosepaw » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:29 am

A couple of notes on SCC, of their 13 goals scored in the state tournament 11 graduated, losing 5 of their top 9 fwds, the returning goalie had 2 starts total last year, why only 2 starts? Anybody hear how they did in Moorhead? SCC have no dominate forward from junior or senior class. I think this will be the highest ranked SCC will be all year.

GordonBombay99

Re: SCC

Post by GordonBombay99 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:59 am

[quote="moosepaw"]A couple of notes on SCC, of their 13 goals scored in the state tournament 11 graduated, losing 5 of their top 9 fwds, the returning goalie had 2 starts total last year, why only 2 starts? Anybody hear how they did in Moorhead? SCC have no dominate forward from junior or senior class. I think this will be the highest ranked SCC will be all year.[/quote]

Cathedral will be just fine, they return a lot of youth who got good time last year at the varsity level and they bring in an extremely good bantam class this year that's able to produce right away. As far as the goaltending he only had 2 starts last year due to a very talented senior playing in front of him who now graduated. Cathedral will be able to run and gun with every Class A team this year.

HSPuckFan

Post by HSPuckFan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:19 pm

dueling21 wrote:
HSPuckFan wrote:I have yet to see 1 preview that mentions the fact that Mahtomedi added Kory Pilarski from NSP,I'm no expert on transfer rules but i assume he'll be playing this year so that is huge.Perhaps I'm a homer but i really feel Mahtomedi is a top 3 team in class A.
The Breakdown book has it in there... :)
I didn't get the Breakdown this year...perhaps I should have. Lol
Go Zephyrs