Section 6A

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Congrats to the Cardinals! Without question, Alexandria was the better team last night and deserved the win. They played substantially harder than their opposition and were rewarded. On top of all that, they get a chance to compete in St. Paul with a team good enough to win the whole thing, IMO.

Likely a great learning experience for the Crusaders. Obviously, a young and talented team. I thought their seniors played pretty well, but was expecting to see a little more out of their more experienced young guns. Other than one goal, which appeared to be very clearly offside, their top line appeared absent.

Bottom line. From my eyes - Alexandria approached the hockey game as though it was a section final with a shot at St. Paul. Got pucks to the net and committed to playing team defense. Cathedral approached it as a men's league game with an emphasis on style points. Had a good third period, but were outplayed badly the rest of the game. Both teams are stacked up with young talent, and this section will be a dogfight the next couple years.

Excited to see the Cards represent next week.
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

Just hope we don't have another one of these from an Alexandria kid this year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou4bL5jHEz0
BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver »

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

bardown27 wrote:Just hope we don't have another one of these from an Alexandria kid this year...

Hilarious. Something tells me he didn't go on to score a hat trick in that game.
zooomx

Post by zooomx »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
bardown27 wrote:Just hope we don't have another one of these from an Alexandria kid this year...

Hilarious. Something tells me he didn't go on to score a hat trick in that game.
Nope, his parents are my neighbors and he is probably the one kid with the make up to take that totally in stride and laugh it off. He was a rock solid defenseman and just a great guy! I am sure his teammates will be reminding him of this great moment next week.
BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver »

Hoping Alexandria has a little more noise left in them! GO CARDINALS!
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Go Cards!!

There, now somebody slap me in the face please cuz I can't believe I just said that.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Congrats to the Cardinals on a hell of a run. Just wasn't meant to be today.

With this experience under the belts of a lot of young, talented kids, certainly they'll come back hungry.

I suppose I've got to jump off the Alexandria bandwagon now. I'm a Cathedral guy, so I've got to hope this gives the Crusaders a little extra push this offseason as well. With Alexandria on the brink of a state championship and a couple more notable teams within the section, this one will be a treat again next year.

Congrats again to the Cards. The boys represented their community and section 6A quite well.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

BobSaget wrote:Congrats to the Cardinals on a hell of a run. Just wasn't meant to be today.

With this experience under the belts of a lot of young, talented kids, certainly they'll come back hungry.

I suppose I've got to jump off the Alexandria bandwagon now. I'm a Cathedral guy, so I've got to hope this gives the Crusaders a little extra push this offseason as well. With Alexandria on the brink of a state championship and a couple more notable teams within the section, this one will be a treat again next year.

Congrats again to the Cards. The boys represented their community and section 6A quite well.
Dilly, Dilly! Nice job Cards! Congrats on a great year!