2 - Duluth Marshall Hilltoppers tendered by NAHL teams

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Duluth_Topper

2 - Duluth Marshall Hilltoppers tendered by NAHL teams

Post by Duluth_Topper »

Levi Stauber signed to tender by the Austin Bruins
George Grannis signed to tender by the Bismarck Bobcats
kniven

Re: 2 - Duluth Marshall Hilltoppers tendered by NAHL teams

Post by kniven »

Duluth_Topper wrote:Levi Stauber signed to tender by the Austin Bruins
George Grannis signed to tender by the Bismarck Bobcats
Very cool! Congratulations boys =)
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Can you please refresh me how NA tenders work? I do not think it is same as USHL tender.
Be kind. Rewind.
formersection3Afan

Post by formersection3Afan »

O-townClown wrote:Can you please refresh me how NA tenders work? I do not think it is same as USHL tender.
NA teams are allowed up to 10 tenders between Nov 1 and draft day.
If they offer a tender to someone and they accept, they own their rights in the NA. This contract (tender) does not restrict player from other junior leagues. A tendered player is not eligible for the NA draft. So you will NA teams gobble up their priorities instead of risk losing them in the draft. A tendered player can become rostered during the current season.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

formersection3Afan wrote:NA teams are allowed up to 10 tenders between Nov 1 and draft day.
If they offer a tender to someone and they accept, they own their rights in the NA. This contract (tender) does not restrict player from other junior leagues. A tendered player is not eligible for the NA draft. So you will NA teams gobble up their priorities instead of risk losing them in the draft. A tendered player can become rostered during the current season.
Thanks. IIRC, the USHL teams tender kids (like Jaxson Nelson as one example) in lieu of their 1st round pick and then they HAVE TO offer them a spot on the 23-man roster.

Sounds like an NA tender can be cut.
Be kind. Rewind.
kniven

Post by kniven »

I think Duluth Marshall wins tonight. They better cause from here on out, Hermantown will be deep and dominate for another 10+ years. Thank goodness their not in 7AA. CEC would really be in trouble long-term. The Hermantown hockey machine has enormous reach!
Duluth_Topper

Post by Duluth_Topper »

3-3 Tie
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

kniven wrote:I think Duluth Marshall wins tonight. They better cause from here on out, Hermantown will be deep and dominate for another 10+ years. Thank goodness their not in 7AA. CEC would really be in trouble long-term. The Hermantown hockey machine has enormous reach!
Heard their peewee team is really good.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

kniven wrote:I think Duluth Marshall wins tonight. They better cause from here on out, Hermantown will be deep and dominate for another 10+ years. Thank goodness their not in 7AA. CEC would really be in trouble long-term. The Hermantown hockey machine has enormous reach!
You're right, that was Marshall's last chance. The streak will continue for another 10 years.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Hermantown SquirtA, peeweeAA, and Bantam AA all very good. #5 #1 and #6 in state rankings.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

[quote="kniven"]Hermantown SquirtA, peeweeAA, and Bantam AA all very good. #5 #1 and #6 in state rankings.[/quote]
Duluth_Topper

Post by Duluth_Topper »

Willy Stauber has also signed with Bismarck.