YHH HS Hockey Podcast, 12/31/17

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

YHH HS Hockey Podcast, 12/31/17

Post by karl(east) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:55 am

We're back on our regular weekly schedule now. Highlights include:

-Game recaps
-Seeds if State were this week
-News and notes
-Unheralded teams who likely won't win their sections but are tough outs
-Games of the week and Pick'Ems

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_arti ... _id=967184

kniven

Re: YHH HS Hockey Podcast, 12/31/17

Post by kniven » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:13 pm

karl(east) wrote:We're back on our regular weekly schedule now. Highlights include:

-Game recaps
-Seeds if State were this week
-News and notes
-Unheralded teams who likely won't win their sections but are tough outs
-Games of the week and Pick'Ems

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_arti ... _id=967184
Amazon.com spam bot popup interrupts me listening to the podcast on my iPhone ever time. Is anybody else having this issue with the podcast?

edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:41 pm

Same thing here. Started last week

kniven

Post by kniven » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:44 pm

edgeless2 wrote:Same thing here. Started last week
That’s too bad :(. I can’t listen to the podcast until this problem goes away

Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:58 pm

kniven wrote:Amazon.com spam bot popup interrupts me listening to the podcast on my iPhone ever time. Is anybody else having this issue with the podcast?
Install an ad blocker app. I don’t have any problems with a pop-up ad and I have one installed on my iPhone. Ideally, though, the podcast would have a RSS feed so we wouldn’t have to listen through the web page and could use a podcast app instead.

ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:04 pm

Stang5280 wrote:
kniven wrote:Amazon.com spam bot popup interrupts me listening to the podcast on my iPhone ever time. Is anybody else having this issue with the podcast?
Install an ad blocker app. I don’t have any problems with a pop-up ad and I have one installed on my iPhone. Ideally, though, the podcast would have a RSS feed so we wouldn’t have to listen through the web page and could use a podcast app instead.
The podcast can be found on the Podbean app. I have used for the iPhone and works well.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:37 pm

Ive had same problem off and on all year with the Podcast

But also happens sometimes on YHH regular site , unrelated to Podcast

When I switch to Windows laptop, no problem with either

YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:48 pm

Yeah...this pop up thing is a pain in the rear. My apologies to you Kenny (especially considering the solid you paid me in late February last year).

It's on all the Sports Engine websites and the best part is SE is claiming its not them.

If you are struggling with it on IOS, simply download the Podbean app and tune in there.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:14 pm

Thanks.

Downloaded Podbean , located the Podcast , halfway thru , no problems so far

YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:46 pm

Here is the reply I got:

Hi Tony,

Thank you for contacting SportsEngine Customer Success!

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I can assure you that these pop-ups are certainly not associated with SportsEngine. These popups can appear through any website you navigate to on your iPhone as well.

Here are some suggestions to avoid them:
1. If these are hitting your phone more and more, Apple suggests starting by clearing your phone's history, where these pages sometimes reside, then pop back up.

2. Check Apple support forums. Apple has more detailed advice on how to block these pop-up ads in its support pages.

If you have any additional questions on this, please let me know.

Best,

kniven

Post by kniven » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:03 pm

YouthHockeyHub wrote:Yeah...this pop up thing is a pain in the rear. My apologies to you Kenny (especially considering the solid you paid me in late February last year).

It's on all the Sports Engine websites and the best part is SE is claiming its not them.

If you are struggling with it on IOS, simply download the Podbean app and tune in there.
It’s all good. Technology can be a pain in the rear. I appreciate everything you boys do for us diehards out here :)

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:06 pm

Good show , using Podbean solves the pop up problem on iPhone

Excellent recaps of all the tourneys, but somehow you missed Cottage Grove tourney where East Ridge upset Tartan

I like the part where you mentioned key injuries, maybe do that each time?

Karl- jump in more ! Specially now that the sound is better

TheMNhockey1

Post by TheMNhockey1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:09 pm

WestMetro wrote: Excellent recaps of all the tourneys, but somehow you missed Cottage Grove tourney where East Ridge upset Tartan
Wasn't in a tournament but as someone who follows Tartan I considered East Ridge the slight favorite but figured it was ultimately a toss up

kniven

Post by kniven » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:45 pm

The podcast was a great listen too once again. The podcast app works great. A nice week of interesting hockey game matchups this week. I’m looking forward to the next podcast already. Happy New Year Year to KarlEast, Danny, and Tony.

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:38 pm

Thanks for listening, all. WestMetro, one thing I do have to contend with is a 1-2 second delay when I talk...that's the one drawback to the new, much better-sounding system, so I don't always just jump in since I'm trying not to talk over people. But, I'll certainly look for more opportunities when I can!

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:40 am

karl(east) wrote:Thanks for listening, all. WestMetro, one thing I do have to contend with is a 1-2 second delay when I talk...that's the one drawback to the new, much better-sounding system, so I don't always just jump in since I'm trying not to talk over people. But, I'll certainly look for more opportunities when I can!
Another good Podcast...Danny pumping STA a bit, which they earned & is warrented...Karl a bit down about DE hurling 66 shots on goal & only tying Blaine 2-2...and Tony, whose Jags get put on running time so often he gets confused...alluding to a 5 goal 3rd period lead subsequently reduced to 4 goals, as something that constitutes running time in a State Tourney game...thank goodness hockey games are won & lost on the ice, not the press box, otherwise his quasi favorite team Centennial would be striving for a 3rd consecutive State Tourney birth 😉🗡😆 But all
chiding aside, another entertaining listen!

YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:43 pm

1. We really appreciate the support - the show is really fun to produce and these two guys are a lot of fun to work with.

2. Got this from Sports Engine today....nearly fainted "Hi Tony,

"My apologies regarding this issue and thank you for providing the additional information in your previous email. The issue has now been resolved and the ad should not appear within your website moving forward."

3. As a rule - any team of mine usually dies a long slow painful death. Sorry Jags and Cougars in advance.