HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hockey Day 2019
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Latest Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: Hockey Day 2019 Reply with quote

I heard that Hockey Day is in Bemidji next year. Any truth to that?
blueblood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject: HDM2019 Reply with quote

Just confirmed during the Moorhead vs Centennial game.
SCBlueLiner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a good one!
kniven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCBlueLiner wrote:
Should be a good one!

Thatís awesome!!
zooomx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Bemidji! Should be a great event!

I hear Elliott has already purchase a few cases of hot dogs and Schlitz to host all forum members.

Laughing
elliott70

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zooomx wrote:
Congrats to Bemidji! Should be a great event!

I hear Elliott has already purchase a few cases of hot dogs and Schlitz to host all forum members.

Laughing

No, t-bones and blue moon or mich golden.

Of course, mimosas in the morning.

Let me know how many are showing up.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It's good for Bemidji and surrounding area.

And hurrah and congrats to our committee members!
blueblood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: HDM2019 Reply with quote

in....
BSUBeaver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard they plan on holding it at the western end of the parking lot at the Sanford Center, although nothing has been made official. I think a better setting would be to have it at "The Chet" (BSU's Football Stadium). You have the bleachers and the lights already there and with Diamond Point Park and Lake Bemidji right there, it has the setting. Granted, it is a football field set up and the bleachers would be a little bit away from the action, but the bleachers at "The Chet" are not as far removed from the playing surface as other football fields. Just bring in some trailers for locker rooms and concessions and you are good to go. Oh, and Port-a-potties a plenty, but those will have to be brought in no matter where they hold it.

Parking may be somewhat of an issue, but you could set up some parking on the lake and also run shuttles from various lots (Sanford Center on the south end of the lake, Bangsburg and Fieldhouse parking lots on campus).
elliott70

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSUBeaver wrote:
I have heard they plan on holding it at the western end of the parking lot at the Sanford Center, although nothing has been made official. I think a better setting would be to have it at "The Chet" (BSU's Football Stadium). You have the bleachers and the lights already there and with Diamond Point Park and Lake Bemidji right there, it has the setting. Granted, it is a football field set up and the bleachers would be a little bit away from the action, but the bleachers at "The Chet" are not as far removed from the playing surface as other football fields. Just bring in some trailers for locker rooms and concessions and you are good to go. Oh, and Port-a-potties a plenty, but those will have to be brought in no matter where they hold it.

Parking may be somewhat of an issue, but you could set up some parking on the lake and also run shuttles from various lots (Sanford Center on the south end of the lake, Bangsburg and Fieldhouse parking lots on campus).

I don't think it would work there because it is mounded and they have that new artificial field down there.
On Lake Bemidji off Diamond Point would be good, if they can get a nice ice sheet.
Sanford center parking lot is too sterile and not a good view of the Lake and everything but it is a possibility.
Even on the Lake by the Sanford Center would be better.
MWS coach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliott70 wrote:
BSUBeaver wrote:

I don't think it would work there because it is mounded and they have that new artificial field down there.
On Lake Bemidji off Diamond Point would be good, if they can get a nice ice sheet.
Sanford center parking lot is too sterile and not a good view of the Lake and everything but it is a possibility.

But Sanford Center parking lot is close to the corner bar! Very Happy
elliott70

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWS coach wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
BSUBeaver wrote:

But Sanford Center parking lot is close to the corner bar! Very Happy

True. But... (delete, delete, delete)
BSUBeaver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliott70 wrote:
BSUBeaver wrote:

No matter where they put it, they are going to have to do some leveling. Outdoor games in the NHL and minor leagues are hosted on football and baseball fields, all which have a slope to them for drainage. Parking lots are sloped to allow for drainage, although it is less than an athletic field.

I can't say I have taken a real close look at "The Chet", but since they put the turf in, is the slope as bad as it was when it was grass? Typically they put a pretty decent drainage system under the rug that eliminates the need for the slope that is seen with grass fields.
yesiplayedhockey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone else probably knows this but I thought I heard the organizers no longer wants to put the rink on a actual lake. They want dry ground to take advantage of the refrigeration system they use now?

Anyone know the answer?
elliott70

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesiplayedhockey wrote:
Someone else probably knows this but I thought I heard the organizers no longer wants to put the rink on a actual lake. They want dry ground to take advantage of the refrigeration system they use now?

Anyone know the answer?

I believe you are right but lots of people want to see it on Lake Bemidji surrounding by fish houses with Diamond Point and BSU in one background, Paul and Babe in another, and the might Mississippi in another.

The Sanford parking lot is BLAH...
Goose21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesiplayedhockey wrote:

Anyone know the answer?

I heard the plan is to have it off the lake near the Sanford Center. Lake Bemidji would be in the back ground. Of course it is almost a year away and a lot is still to be determined.
yesiplayedhockey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it is Elliott. In my opinion this event should always be hosted on "a lake"

It's where so many kids, even today, learn to play the game
elliott70

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goose21 wrote:
yesiplayedhockey wrote:

Anyone know the answer?

I heard the plan is to have it off the lake near the Sanford Center. Lake Bemidji would be in the back ground. Of course it is almost a year away and a lot is still to be determined.

It is not a good way to show off your community...
I know it is convenient etc...
BUT really not much of a view and a bunch of hotels and a big convention center...
It would be better in a parking lot by Paul and Babe
or the pond behind my house.
BodyShots

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliott70 wrote:
Goose21 wrote:
yesiplayedhockey wrote:

Anyone know the answer?

BUT really not much of a view and a bunch of hotels and a big convention center...

I vote for Elliott's pond! Dancing
elliott70

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyShots wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
Goose21 wrote:
yesiplayedhockey wrote:

Anyone know the answer?

The 'bored' guys would have fun.
Perfect viewing from the sun room or the deck.
Plenty of room on the hill looking down at the pond.
Decent viewing on the treadmill in the exercise room.
east hockey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliott70 wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
Goose21 wrote:
yesiplayedhockey wrote:

Anyone know the answer?

The 'bored' guys would have fun.
Perfect viewing from the sun room or the deck.
Plenty of room on the hill looking down at the pond.
Decent viewing on the treadmill in the exercise room.

"Sun room"? "Deck"? Way to flaunt your wealth, Richie Rich. Mr. Green I'm lucky if I have a view of someone else's deck.

Lee
elliott70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Lee.

Come on over.
You should see the Mexico place.

And my wife is a hottie.
Life is good.
kniven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any speculation on the team that will face Bemidji? Who is their biggest rivalry? It will surely be a metro team? And the other game? Hibbing vs a metro A. Thinking out loud here.
Goose21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
Any speculation on the team that will face Bemidji? Who is their biggest rivalry? It will surely be a metro team? And the other game? Hibbing vs a metro A. Thinking out loud here.

Given that Bemidji will be down a bit again, I think having them in the ďA gameĒ against a northern team (Roseau, EGF, etc.) or a recognizable metro/southern A team would be a good match-up. East could represent the North vs Metro in the AA game.
kniven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. It seems they always want a north vs. south matchup in both games. Duluth East vs. Edina? I donít think Edina has played on a hockey day yet? That canít be can it?
Goose21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kniven wrote:

Given that Bemidji will be down a bit again, I think having them in the ďA gameĒ against a northern team (Roseau, EGF, etc.) or a recognizable metro/southern A team would be a good match-up. East could represent the North vs Metro in the AA game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Latest Topics) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: