AA Rankings for 1/28/18

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kniven

Post by kniven »

East
Andover
Elk
Marshall
Forest Lake
CEC

That’s what it will be. Cloquet will end up going to Elk River in the quarterfinals. Should be interesting. We never see Elk in the season. And then Andover in the semi. I’m ok with that draw, actually. Get to see my hockey buddy in Elk River and get some puck in at the same time.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

[quote="kniven"]East
Andover
Elk
Marshall
Forest Lake
CEC

According to QRF its

East
Andover
Elk
CEC
DM
Flake
Franny
GR
CB

Looks like 1/2 and 7/8/9 are all but set. Elk has .5 lead on CEC, CEC has 2.5 lead on DM and DM has a 4.6 lead on Flake. The A teams that CEC and DM play even if they win wont help them move much.
kniven

Post by kniven »

It doesn’t reflect the loss to Forest Lake. CEC could very well lose 4 out of their last 5. Rapids up there will be tough with Holum in net.
kniven

Post by kniven »

kniven wrote:It doesn’t reflect the loss to Forest Lake. CEC could very well lose 4 out of their last 5. Rapids up there will be tough with Holum in net.
Our BantamAA’s would beat Proctor, unfortunately.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

kniven wrote:It doesn’t reflect the loss to Forest Lake. CEC could very well lose 4 out of their last 5. Rapids up there will be tough with Holum in net.
Yes it does those rankings are from today 1/30

http://www.minnesota-scores.net/classst ... 09&class=3
kniven

Post by kniven »

Usthockey13 wrote:

It says QRF seeded 2/16 only after 7AA. What does that mean? I don’t like this QRF stuff. Let’s go back to the coaches vote
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

kniven wrote:
Usthockey13 wrote:

It says QRF seeded 2/16 only after 7AA. What does that mean? I don’t like this QRF stuff. Let’s go back to the coaches vote
It means that on 2/16 what the standings are will be the seeding,
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Centennial 2 Edina 0 after 1 period. Shots 14-11 Edina. Cougars off to a good start tonight
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Centennial 2 Edina 1 after 2 periods. Edina has 1:28 remaining in a PP to start the 3rd period. Hornets are definitely in a dog Fight tonight, Cougars came to play
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Edina 3 Centennial 2 FINAL
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

7TIMECHAMPS wrote:Karl I think you should qualify the first defeat to a team outside the top 25 statement by saying they also have not defeated a team in the top 25. I think if you look at St Cloud, STMA, and Roseau you can't say one is ahead of the other right now as far as seeding goes. Between those 3 teams each is 1-1, each has a win over Bemidji, nobody has lost to Rogers or Buffalo, and nobody has a win over Brainerd or Moorhead. If Roseau or STMA beats Brainerd or if St Cloud beats Moorhead or Brainerd that team should claim the 3 seed. If none of those upsets happens, Roseau beats Bemidji again, and STMA beats Rogers and Buffalo again then I think the 3 should go to Roseau based on my thinking that two wins over Bemidji is better than two wins over Rogers or Buffalo(who are winless other than against each other). On the other hand if Roseau loses to Bemidji or STMA loses to Buffalo or Rogers then that team should get the 5. Any way that this goes there will be a team that beat another team and is seeded behind them. And I definitely don't think you can say any of the three teams is comfortably in position to host a home game. There are too many scenarios left to play out and the three are so close. It could come down to who plays the top two seeds the closest down the stretch and earns that team's vote that way.
This is true about STMA, though its perhaps worth noting they did beat Hermantown, who would be in a 2-class top 25. When there's little separation (as is the case between these three), I tend to lean on things like PS2 to look at teams' overall body of work. Those remaining section games will certainly play a big role, though. All three teams in that 3-5 range also have a crack at Brainerd left to see if they can get a quality win.

I agree with the general takes on Forest Lake...not a ranked team, but overall, one that has certainly shown it's capable of ruining a good team's day.

Meanwhile, it's only Tuesday and the teams ranked 15-19 have all lost (or tied Hibbing, which is as good as a loss). Looks like I'll have a fun week ahead of me...
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

If Centennial hadn’t given up a crucial short handed goal up 2-0 they very well could have pulled the upset last night. As dominant as Edina looked against Tonka last week, they looked vulnerable against the Cougars. If they ultimately meet at State, the team with a line up & style the may give them more than a hand full of trouble...is Duluth East. And make no mistake, if Centennial breaks it’s 3 year drought & returns to STATE, it will be largely due to the efforts of Lucas McG., he’s the straw that stirs the drink for them...
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

hockey59 wrote:If Centennial hadn’t given up a crucial short handed goal up 2-0 they very well could have pulled the upset last night. As dominant as Edina looked against Tonka last week, they looked vulnerable against the Cougars. If they ultimately meet at State, the team with a line up & style the may give them more than a hand full of trouble...is Duluth East. And make no mistake, if Centennial breaks it’s 3 year drought & returns to STATE, it will be largely due to the efforts of Lucas McG., he’s the straw that stirs the drink for them...
I agree with everything. Lakeville South kept the score close versus Edina by retreating into their end and holding on for dear life. Whether accidental or by design, they didn't get embarrassed.

Centennial has a HS superstar and managed to convert a couple chances. Since nobody else has as much speed or skill this year, the formula to face Edina is exactly that.
Be kind. Rewind.