YHH HS Hockey Podcast, 1/28/18

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

YHH HS Hockey Podcast, 1/28/18

Post by karl(east) »

Fun show this week:

-AA and A top 10
-Favorite road jerseys
-Games from last week
-We pick our 10 Mr. Hockey Finalists (we nailed them all last year, so we'll see how we do this year)
-We pick our Brimsek finalists, too
-Previews of some of the great games coming up this week, too

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_arti ... _id=967184
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Just listened to the Mr. hockey segment of the show so far, I agree on eight of the 10. But I would go with Almquist instead of Kuomo, and for the 10th would say that Matsui is just as likely as Christy
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

Great podcast again this week. One class A goalie you missed in your mentions is Jack Cusey out of Mankato East. Sporting a 1.73 GAA and a .933 SV% along with a 7-8-2 record.
hockey59

Best Road Jersey

Post by hockey59 »

For ONCE Tony & I are in total harmony...absolutely AGREE that DM has the Best Road Jersey!!! And the BJ baby blues are simply Classic!! And the new Anoka road jerseys are really nice too!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Of course Karl was right on the uni segment! The Greyhounds road uniforms always have been and still are the best!
SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 »

bardown27 wrote:Great podcast again this week. One class A goalie you missed in your mentions is Jack Cusey out of Mankato East. Sporting a 1.73 GAA and a .933 SV% along with a 7-8-2 record.
I did miss him because those are some good numbers. When I was going through goalie stats for the Frank Brimsek award I also referenced if they were in the Elite League. Not that being in the Elite League determines if they are a good goaltender but it helps one get more looks by the people who vote on the award. That being said Jackson Hjelle should be the Class A finalist.
sherwood

Post by sherwood »

Great show this week guys! Love the topic of best uniforms in the state. One little correction for Danny Sammy Walker was not on a State Champion team. He played in the tournament 3 years ago as a freshman but Lakeville North won it that year going undefeated in 2015.
SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 »

sherwood wrote:Great show this week guys! Love the topic of best uniforms in the state. One little correction for Danny Sammy Walker was not on a State Champion team. He played in the tournament 3 years ago as a freshman but Lakeville North won it that year going undefeated in 2015.
Yea Tony reminded me of that later that day, I just blanked on how many years it was since Edina has last won.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

SquirtC'00 wrote:
sherwood wrote:Great show this week guys! Love the topic of best uniforms in the state. One little correction for Danny Sammy Walker was not on a State Champion team. He played in the tournament 3 years ago as a freshman but Lakeville North won it that year going undefeated in 2015.
Yea Tony reminded me of that later that day, I just blanked on how many years it was since Edina has last won.
Since were getting technical today, Dave Aus never won a State Title as HC at Blaine...the coaches in 2000 were co-coaches, Larson and Bjudstad :wink: :)
kniven

Post by kniven »

hockey59 wrote:
SquirtC'00 wrote:
Since were getting technical today, Dave Aus never won a State Title as HC at Blaine...the coaches in 2000 were co-coaches, Larson and Bjudstad :wink: :)
Being partial to CEC, what’s the consensus on their road sweaters scale of one to ten. DM and DE are 10”s it seems and I agree ☝️
SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 »

hockey59 wrote:
SquirtC'00 wrote:
This is where I needed Karl, but Aus then started the year after at Blaine then right?
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

SquirtC'00 wrote:
hockey59 wrote:
SquirtC'00 wrote: Yea Tony reminded me of that later that day, I just blanked on how many years it was since Edina has last won.
This is where I needed Karl, but Aus then started the year after at Blaine then right?
Yeah, I pretty sure that’s the case, Larson & Scott B. road off into the sunset after winning the AA title. I do recall his cousin (Eric Aus) in 2003 or 2004 while coaching Centennial dropped an Edina-Hopkins game on Blaine before Blaine rose back to Power again in the mid 2000’s & accordingly that rivalry has been heated ever since...Dave had a great run at Blaine going to State every year from 2006-2011 & nearly knocked out EP (Leddy & Rau) in the 2009 semifinals, Blaine led after 2 periods.