Choose your line...

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

massalsa

Choose your line...

Post by massalsa » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:43 pm

A lot of really great lines out there on many different teams. Was thinking about the lines I have seen this year (at least once and most times 2 or more) and wanted to come up with a list of which lines have impressed me and then the rest of you on the forum.

Here are the 5 lines that I have seen that have been most impressive to me this year:

Hughes (12, Duluth), Linser (12, Duluth), other (cant quite remember or see thru stats who is #3) of Centennial.

Rosenthal (12, Ohio State), Parent (11, Ohio State), & Jones (12, Kent State for lacrosse) of Blaine.

Butorac (12, MN State), Nelson (10, uncommitted), & Hemp (9, Minnesota) of Andover.

Fidler (12, Harvard), Bowlby (11, Dartmouth), & Oden (12, Minnesota) of Edina.

McClanahan (12, Dartmouth), Daniels (11, Cornell), & Delianedis (10, Cornell) of Blake.

Who else has impressed?

Lace'emUp

Re: Choose your line...

Post by Lace'emUp » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:03 am

massalsa wrote:A lot of really great lines out there on many different teams. Was thinking about the lines I have seen this year (at least once and most times 2 or more) and wanted to come up with a list of which lines have impressed me and then the rest of you on the forum.

Here are the 5 lines that I have seen that have been most impressive to me this year:

Hughes (12, Duluth), Linser (12, Duluth), other (cant quite remember or see thru stats who is #3) of Centennial.

Rosenthal (12, Ohio State), Parent (11, Ohio State), & Jones (12, Kent State for lacrosse) of Blaine.

Butorac (12, MN State), Nelson (10, uncommitted), & Hemp (9, Minnesota) of Andover.

Fidler (12, Harvard), Bowlby (11, Dartmouth), & Oden (12, Minnesota) of Edina.

McClanahan (12, Dartmouth), Daniels (11, Cornell), & Delianedis (10, Cornell) of Blake.

Who else has impressed?
Best functioning 1st lines, or individual skill? For best functioning 1st lines where there’s the best mix of talent, skill, and hockey sense, here’s my top 5.
1. Blake
2. Andover
3. Edina
4. Blaine
5. Hill Murray

j4241

Post by j4241 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:41 am

Having seen all of those teams play against Blake, I would put Centennials line at the top of the list. Goals scored against Blake per game don’t support that conclusion, but they stood out with playmaking to a level, frankly, way beyond the others. Centennial doesn’t have as much support after those two as other teams on the list, but damn those two can play. I know we’re talking about lines, and their partner doesn’t stand out to the same degree, but with a solid left wing Blake felt fortunate every shift they were kept off the board.

highgloveside

Post by highgloveside » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:30 pm

Look at the teams PP %. That will tell you if there is a supporting cast beyond your top line. If you have a fab 2 but not a 3rd or good D pairing then that will reflect in your top PP unit #s. ALL I'm sayin is don't let Edina or Blake get a PP on you because it's not just 3 It's 5. If it's Centennial you might have a chance Because you need to track 2 and not 5.