AA QF: St. Michael-Albertville vs. #3 Duluth East

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Knights
15%
Greyhounds
85%

Total votes: 34

GPGT

Post by GPGT » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:28 pm

North cake eaters vs south cake eaters

Can't wait.

GopherHockey

Post by GopherHockey » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:29 pm

BodyShots wrote:
hockey59 wrote:
Ref22 wrote:
Hockeywatcher123 wrote:STMA has some nice players and had they been able to score on one of their earlier chances this might be a completely different game. East looks solid but I don't think they will be able to handle Edina's speed and skill tomorrow.
Look for a 6-2 or 3 type game tomorrow.
Mark my words...Edina vs Duluth East will be a close game...there is a reason DE didn’t schedule Edina during the regular season... this is a BIG Rivalry game between both the players (and coaches) While DE would prefer playing EDINA in the Final...they have been spoiling for this GAME all season. Edina, when they are ON, can beat anybody! But DE will have a game plan & will stick to it...I expect this to be a truly great game, regardless of who wins...☝️
Is Mikey going to play the TRAP tomorrow?
Geezus, lets hope not. Nobody wants to watch that crap.

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:35 pm

GPGT wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
hockey59 wrote:
Ref22 wrote:
Hockeywatcher123 wrote:STMA has some nice players and had they been able to score on one of their earlier chances this might be a completely different game. East looks solid but I don't think they will be able to handle Edina's speed and skill tomorrow.
Mark my words...Edina vs Duluth East will be a close game...there is a reason DE didn’t schedule Edina during the regular season... this is a BIG Rivalry game between both the players (and coaches) While DE would prefer playing EDINA in the Final...they have been spoiling for this GAME all season. Edina, when they are ON, can beat anybody! But DE will have a game plan & will stick to it...I expect this to be a truly great game, regardless of who wins...☝️
Wow, lol you really feel they need to play a trap. Not much respect given eh ... Especially if east plays the same way the did against marshall in the section semis.

Edina lost to one team this year, and east beat that team...

Anywho... Gonna be another great game showcasing a nice chunk of the Mr hockey finalists. :lol:
Not necessarily saying DE will trap (ala 2015). But does MR want to go fire wagon hockey, run & gun against 2018 Edina? No way. And before you get feeling too good about beating Tonka, it came with a caveat...Tonka was missing arguably their best player that day, D Josh Luedtke, (Northern Michigan commit) who scored OT winning goals against STA in the season opener & HF in the Section Final.

GPGT

Post by GPGT » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:39 pm

hockey59 wrote:
GPGT wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
hockey59 wrote:
Ref22 wrote:
Wow, lol you really feel they need to play a trap. Not much respect given eh ... Especially if east plays the same way the did against marshall in the section semis.

Edina lost to one team this year, and east beat that team...

Anywho... Gonna be another great game showcasing a nice chunk of the Mr hockey finalists. :lol:
Not necessarily saying DE will trap (ala 2015). But does MR want to go fire wagon hockey, run & gun against 2018 Edina? No way. And before you get feeling too good about beating Tonka, it came with a caveat...Tonka was missing arguably their best player that day, D Josh Luedtke, (Northern Michigan commit) who scored OT winning goals against STA in the season opener & HF in the Section Final.
Game one game? Your really bringing that up this time of the year?

I wasn't feeling " too good " about the tonka win.. I'm just kind of laughing as you say one of the best offensive lines in the state, with the best D man in the state would need to play a trap... It's really almost laughable.

GPGT

Post by GPGT » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Yep. Edina is amazing , no doubt. East has flaws like every other team, and I think/ hope it will be an amazing game.

As regard to the east 2015 team.... Were you really comparing apples to apples ? I'm guessing you were talking about the Lakeville north game?

GPGT

Post by GPGT » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Yep. Edina is amazing , no doubt. East has flaws like every other team, and I think/ hope it will be an amazing game.

As regard to the east 2015 team.... Were you really comparing apples to apples ? I'm guessing you were talking about the Lakeville north game?

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:59 pm

STMA had a great first period both ends of ice, and I thought we might have a game.

Then the WMD line took over for East and didn’t look back

And agree with Green4 the Knights kept missing the cage

My favorite 2nd Dpair in the state put up some points , Cochran with a couple assists and Fisher one. Thought Cochran had a goal on nice shot from blue line, but that’s the one Worth tipped in for the hat trick

Hounds are going to have to play the game of their life to beat Edina Fri night . Even then going to be a challenge with Hornets fully healthy and at the top of their game .

GPGT

Post by GPGT » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Yeppers. East is gonna need the game they had against Duluth marshall + some

They 100% need to play better than they did against stma. That first period they had will kill them against Edina

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:40 pm

GPGT wrote:Yep. Edina is amazing , no doubt. East has flaws like every other team, and I think/ hope it will be an amazing game.

i might be getting fuzzy on this...and this is with ample respect to the overachieving 2015 DE team...but I’m pretty sure DE began utilizing a 2-3 trap on a Saturday night at ER Arena and got a tie...following trying to run & gun against (my sons) Anoka team on Tuesday night...and getting beat 5-3 😉 ☝️And they then beat ER in the Section Final, down 3-0 (I recall too) 👍