AA QF: #5 Centennial vs. #4 St. Thomas Academy

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Cougars
17%
Cadets
83%

Total votes: 23

LASERBLUE135

Post by LASERBLUE135 »

WestMetro wrote: Glad it wasn’t the GWG !
The game is over and done with, so I don't really like the dead horse kicking, but I think its important for future rule enforcement.

I don't think this was a judgment call. I see this one as absolutely clear. It was a goal, no question. From an impartial perspective, looking at all the angles, looking at FULL SPEED versus frame by frame slow motion, this was a goal. In the NHL, college, and HS this would be a goal.

The offensive player worked hard, got his shot, drove the net, (it was a bang-bang play so I don't think the goalie even had a chance to get to the puck regardless of if he was interfered with), the defense absolutely pushed the offensive player, and finally, the puck went in with the force of the DEFENSIVE player. From another angle you clearly see the puck either missed the HM player completely or just glanced off him, and was forced into the goal when it solidly connected with the Centennial players body. If the Centennial player is not there the puck does not go in the net.

If the call had gone the other way and it would have been NO goal? I think that would have been a tragedy. I'm happy it didn't matter. Good luck to Centennial!
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

hockey59 wrote:Yeah, but if you live in Deephaven...you very well may have a slip on Lake Minnetonka...that sure makes you more of a cake eater than living in Lester Park, Congdon, Glen Avon (or being from Proctor / Superior 😉😲)
I lived in Deephaven (no slip) when I went to Tonka in the '80s. We were well aware the cake eaters were in Edina. It's practically Edina's nickname.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

JerseyDave wrote:
hockey59 wrote:Yeah, but if you live in Deephaven...you very well may have a slip on Lake Minnetonka...that sure makes you more of a cake eater than living in Lester Park, Congdon, Glen Avon (or being from Proctor / Superior 😉😲)
I lived in Deephaven (no slip) when I went to Tonka in the '80s. We were well aware the cake eaters were in Edina. It's practically Edina's nickname.
Yeah JD...but you didn't have a slip :( :wink: OK...Edina is Cake #1 in this tourney! :lol:
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

hockey59 wrote:
JerseyDave wrote:
Yeah JD...but you didn't have a slip :( :wink: OK...Edina is Cake #1 in this tourney! :lol:
Don't overlook Orono. Ever hear of the Daytons, MacMillans (Cargill), Irwin Jacobs, and Kevin Garnett? There's some serious cake there on the north side of Lake Minnetonka.