LOU NANNE is Outstanding as color commentator

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

O-townClown

LOU NANNE is Outstanding as color commentator

Post by O-townClown »

Again. Ageless wonder.
Be kind. Rewind.
MNHockeyFan

Re: LOU NANNE is Outstanding as color commentator

Post by MNHockeyFan »

O-townClown wrote:Again. Ageless wonder.
Totally agree, O-townClown. When he finally does retire he will be sorely missed.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Best thing to come out of Edina.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Lou Nanne is nothing but a pain in the butt to listen to.
tezer13

Post by tezer13 »

I love him. I love the good and the bad. The tournament would not be the same without him. I hope he does it until he is 100.
northwoods oldtimer

Re: LOU NANNE is Outstanding as color commentator

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

O-townClown wrote:Again. Ageless wonder.
Agree O-town he's classic all the way.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

I love the guy, with all of his flaws. I get a kick out of his Keys to the Game.

When his restaurant opened a couple years ago, I thought the STrib restaurant critic blew it. The review should have been written in Lou's style, like Keys to Lou Nanne's Restaurant:

Wait staff will need zone coverage in the bar area

Stretch happy hour to 7PM

Meet customers right at the hostess stand

Go easy on the Caesar Salad dressing

The guy's a timeless classic. We got him, he's ours, and we ain't trading him.
nahc

Post by nahc »

Nanne was absolutely horrible the whole tourney. Am really surprised he didn't wear an Edina sweater during each telecast. Time for Lou to retire from the color person and find someone else who is more objective and not so old school.....
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Nothing wrong with Lou, enjoy his commentary. Not sure how NCAA rules work, but Lou said he would like to see Brink at Minnesota and not at Denver. Since he is closely associated with the U, I wonder if this is frowned upon by NCAA?
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

mulefarm wrote: Lou said he would like to see Brink at Minnesota and not at Denver.
Prefaced by something like, "Andy, you were a good player! Your son is better!" LOL
Be kind. Rewind.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

At the Mr Hockey awards, Lou Nanne received the inaugural Mr. Hockey Ambassador Award, given to an influential leader dedicated to the growth and development of hockey in Minnesota.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

mulefarm wrote:Nothing wrong with Lou, enjoy his commentary. Not sure how NCAA rules work, but Lou said he would like to see Brink at Minnesota and not at Denver. Since he is closely associated with the U, I wonder if this is frowned upon by NCAA?
Doubt it. Nanne has a pre-existing relationship with the Brinks, which makes him a friend of the family instead of a booster (giving him more latitude). Also don't know if he has any official capacity with the U hockey team. On the contrary, NCAA coaches are prohibited from publicly speaking about recruits until they've signed the dotted line. Brink, as a underclassman, is only a verbal commitment and could still change his mind and go anywhere (just as DU could pull the offer if Brink suddenly dropped off).

The YHH podcast was discussing the possibility of Brink leaving Tonka to play in the USHL (similar to classmate Clay Hanus), now that he's accomplished what he could at the HS level. I sure hope not.

EDIT: Actually Clay Hanus is not playing USHL, he's playing in the Canadian semi-pro version of it, which means he is not eligible in the future for the NCAA.