HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Latest Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
greenwayraider



Joined: 29 Jan 2016
Posts: 369
Location: Charlestown

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThatMNHockeyGuy62



Joined: 27 Dec 2017
Posts: 103

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

greenwayraider wrote:
Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.


Everybody hates when schools get transfers until they are the ones getting them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kniven



Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 1763
Location: Esko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

greenwayraider wrote:
Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.


Hockey players have been leaving Hibbing early or transferring somewhere else for years now. It’s safe to say Hibbing boys hockey is a feeder program to other hockey programs in the 218.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northwoods oldtimer



Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 2106

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

greenwayraider wrote:
Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.


Just keeping up with the Jones's. Get that Rapids goalie to move on over and things are set. Only way to complete this day in age in single A with the recruiting machine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Upfan111



Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 75
Location: Up north

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:
Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.


Hockey players have been leaving Hibbing early or transferring somewhere else for years now. It’s safe to say Hibbing boys hockey is a feeder program to other hockey programs in the 218.


"your" Jacks were too when your idol was the head coach. Too bad Smalley can't get any of that talent to come to Cloquet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rainier2



Joined: 09 Nov 2017
Posts: 123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:
Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.


Hockey players have been leaving Hibbing early or transferring somewhere else for years now. It’s safe to say Hibbing boys hockey is a feeder program to other hockey programs in the 218.


"your" Jacks were too when your idol was the head coach. Too bad Smalley can't get any of that talent to come to Cloquet.


They did, although it wasn't Smalley who got him there. Galatz went to Cloquet for bantams and will be a sophomore next season, where he should be a solid contributor for varsity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kniven



Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 1763
Location: Esko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

rainier2 wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:
Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.


Hockey players have been leaving Hibbing early or transferring somewhere else for years now. It’s safe to say Hibbing boys hockey is a feeder program to other hockey programs in the 218.


"your" Jacks were too when your idol was the head coach. Too bad Smalley can't get any of that talent to come to Cloquet.


They did, although it wasn't Smalley who got him there. Galatz went to Cloquet for bantams and will be a sophomore next season, where he should be a solid contributor for varsity.


Yep. #7 is a big-time hockey player. Ive watch a lot of youth hockey and the incoming sophomore class over the last several years. Sophomore class will make diffinite contributions next high school hockey season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greenwayraider



Joined: 29 Jan 2016
Posts: 369
Location: Charlestown

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:
Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.


Just keeping up with the Jones's. Get that Rapids goalie to move on over and things are set. Only way to complete this day in age in single A with the recruiting machine.


Rapids does owe Greenway a good goalie considering the one they got from Greenway back in 1980. Greenway fans do have a long memory. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpOilerfan



Joined: 17 May 2017
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
rainier2 wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:
Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.


Hockey players have been leaving Hibbing early or transferring somewhere else for years now. It’s safe to say Hibbing boys hockey is a feeder program to other hockey programs in the 218.


"your" Jacks were too when your idol was the head coach. Too bad Smalley can't get any of that talent to come to Cloquet.


They did, although it wasn't Smalley who got him there. Galatz went to Cloquet for bantams and will be a sophomore next season, where he should be a solid contributor for varsity.


Yep. #7 is a big-time hockey player. Ive watch a lot of youth hockey and the incoming sophomore class over the last several years. Sophomore class will make diffinite contributions next high school hockey season


think it was your bantam coach JL15 that got him there. Maybe a good replacement when Smalls heads to St Cloud
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kniven



Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 1763
Location: Esko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mulefarm



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 1668

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the goalie get another year?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greenwayraider



Joined: 29 Jan 2016
Posts: 369
Location: Charlestown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ville’s (goalie) status for next year is not known at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blueblood



Joined: 26 May 2006
Posts: 2066
Location: Tonka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: kniven Reply with quote

"Smalley the next head coach of St. Cloud State?"

They named Brett Larson knivey....

Shame on you
_________________
Play Like a Champion Today
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpOilerfan



Joined: 17 May 2017
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: kniven Reply with quote

blueblood wrote:
"Smalley the next head coach of St. Cloud State?"

They named Brett Larson knivey....

Shame on you


may go with Larson as an asst?? that's the hot rumor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Upfan111



Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 75
Location: Up north

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: kniven Reply with quote

SpOilerfan wrote:
blueblood wrote:
"Smalley the next head coach of St. Cloud State?"

They named Brett Larson knivey....

Shame on you


may go with Larson as an asst?? that's the hot rumor


Smalley to St. Cloud as an assistant? Wow! I heard a few years back he was going to or did scout for Larson in Jr. league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zooomx



Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 258

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:
Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.


Just keeping up with the Jones's. Get that Rapids goalie to move on over and things are set. Only way to complete this day in age in single A with the recruiting machine.


I think they have competed just fine the past couple of years. I think a certain team in West Central MN also did fine "competing" in single A without recruiting or needing transfers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duluthguy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: kniven Reply with quote

Upfan111 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
blueblood wrote:
"Smalley the next head coach of St. Cloud State?"

They named Brett Larson knivey....

Shame on you


may go with Larson as an asst?? that's the hot rumor


Smalley to St. Cloud as an assistant? Wow! I heard a few years back he was going to or did scout for Larson in Jr. league.


Larson said on the radio yesterday that he was hoping to keep the existing St. Cloud State assistants, Raboin and Gibbins. We'll see if that happens....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kniven



Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 1763
Location: Esko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: kniven Reply with quote

I suppose it would make sense. Did those 2 play puck together at Denfeld?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duluthguy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 94

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: kniven Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
I suppose it would make sense. Did those 2 play puck together at Denfeld?


They did not. Smalley graduated from Denfeld in 1980, Larson in 1991.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpOilerfan



Joined: 17 May 2017
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?


Didn't go to st cloud though Larson wanted him, hear St Scholastica has encouraged him to apply and is on their short list!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Usthockey13



Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 348

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?


Didn't go to st cloud though Larson wanted him, hear St Scholastica has encouraged him to apply and is on their short list!


Yes I hear Smalley, Jago, Corey Millen and Esse are on the short list for the CSS job
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kniven



Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 1763
Location: Esko

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

Usthockey13 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?


Didn't go to st cloud though Larson wanted him, hear St Scholastica has encouraged him to apply and is on their short list!


Yes I hear Smalley, Jago, Corey Millen and Esse are on the short list for the CSS job


Bruce Plante?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Upfan111



Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 75
Location: Up north

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
Usthockey13 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?


Didn't go to st cloud though Larson wanted him, hear St Scholastica has encouraged him to apply and is on their short list!


Yes I hear Smalley, Jago, Corey Millen and Esse are on the short list for the CSS job


Bruce Plante?


Plante? No way, why would he want job?

When will St. Scholastica make the hire? Millen would be a good fit; Smalley too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpOilerfan



Joined: 17 May 2017
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Usthockey13 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?


Didn't go to st cloud though Larson wanted him, hear St Scholastica has encouraged him to apply and is on their short list!


Yes I hear Smalley, Jago, Corey Millen and Esse are on the short list for the CSS job


Bruce Plante?


Plante? No way, why would he want job?

When will St. Scholastica make the hire? Millen would be a good fit; Smalley too.


Smalley is the only high school coach in the hunt, Millen yes and 2 other D1 assts, would hate to see smalley leave cloquet though big loss and kids love playing for him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kniven



Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 1763
Location: Esko

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown? Reply with quote

Should be interesting who they hire. When will it be announced, anybody?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Latest Topics) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Forum Rules/Reporting Offensive Posts (Updated 3/16/05)

National HS Hockey Rankings

State by State HS Hockey Profiles

USHighSchoolHockey.com

MidgetAAAHockey.com

Statewide High School Hockey Links (By State)

High School Hockey Team Links (By State)

Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by team) Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by date)

Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (USHSHO) Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (MinnHock)

Nationwide HS Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey National Rankings

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey Rankings

New England Prep School Hockey Rankings

Prep School Hockey Links

Friends of USHSHO and the Forums:

MinnHock

WisconsinPrepHockey.Net

Sponsored Links:

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group