Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

greenwayraider
Posts: 382
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:54 pm
Location: Bovey

Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by greenwayraider » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:37 pm

greenwayraider wrote:Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.
Everybody hates when schools get transfers until they are the ones getting them.

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by kniven » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:50 pm

greenwayraider wrote:Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.
Hockey players have been leaving Hibbing early or transferring somewhere else for years now. It’s safe to say Hibbing boys hockey is a feeder program to other hockey programs in the 218.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:01 pm

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:35 pm

greenwayraider wrote:Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.
Just keeping up with the Jones's. Get that Rapids goalie to move on over and things are set. Only way to complete this day in age in single A with the recruiting machine.

Upfan111
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:16 pm
Location: Up north

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by Upfan111 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:34 pm

kniven wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.
Hockey players have been leaving Hibbing early or transferring somewhere else for years now. It’s safe to say Hibbing boys hockey is a feeder program to other hockey programs in the 218.
"your" Jacks were too when your idol was the head coach. Too bad Smalley can't get any of that talent to come to Cloquet.

rainier2
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by rainier2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:08 pm

Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.
Hockey players have been leaving Hibbing early or transferring somewhere else for years now. It’s safe to say Hibbing boys hockey is a feeder program to other hockey programs in the 218.
"your" Jacks were too when your idol was the head coach. Too bad Smalley can't get any of that talent to come to Cloquet.
They did, although it wasn't Smalley who got him there. Galatz went to Cloquet for bantams and will be a sophomore next season, where he should be a solid contributor for varsity.

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by kniven » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:58 pm

rainier2 wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.
Hockey players have been leaving Hibbing early or transferring somewhere else for years now. It’s safe to say Hibbing boys hockey is a feeder program to other hockey programs in the 218.
"your" Jacks were too when your idol was the head coach. Too bad Smalley can't get any of that talent to come to Cloquet.
They did, although it wasn't Smalley who got him there. Galatz went to Cloquet for bantams and will be a sophomore next season, where he should be a solid contributor for varsity.
Yep. #7 is a big-time hockey player. Ive watch a lot of youth hockey and the incoming sophomore class over the last several years. Sophomore class will make diffinite contributions next high school hockey season

greenwayraider
Posts: 382
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:54 pm
Location: Bovey

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by greenwayraider » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:04 pm

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.
Just keeping up with the Jones's. Get that Rapids goalie to move on over and things are set. Only way to complete this day in age in single A with the recruiting machine.
Rapids does owe Greenway a good goalie considering the one they got from Greenway back in 1980. Greenway fans do have a long memory. :-)

SpOilerfan
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 2:31 am

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by SpOilerfan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:55 pm

kniven wrote:
rainier2 wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.
Hockey players have been leaving Hibbing early or transferring somewhere else for years now. It’s safe to say Hibbing boys hockey is a feeder program to other hockey programs in the 218.
"your" Jacks were too when your idol was the head coach. Too bad Smalley can't get any of that talent to come to Cloquet.
They did, although it wasn't Smalley who got him there. Galatz went to Cloquet for bantams and will be a sophomore next season, where he should be a solid contributor for varsity.
Yep. #7 is a big-time hockey player. Ive watch a lot of youth hockey and the incoming sophomore class over the last several years. Sophomore class will make diffinite contributions next high school hockey season
think it was your bantam coach JL15 that got him there. Maybe a good replacement when Smalls heads to St Cloud

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by kniven » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:34 pm

Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?

mulefarm
Posts: 1668
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:01 am

Post by mulefarm » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Did the goalie get another year?

greenwayraider
Posts: 382
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:54 pm
Location: Bovey

Post by greenwayraider » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:00 am

Ville’s (goalie) status for next year is not known at this point.

blueblood
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 2:36 pm
Location: Tonka

kniven

Post by blueblood » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:09 am

"Smalley the next head coach of St. Cloud State?"

They named Brett Larson knivey....

[-X
Play Like a Champion Today

SpOilerfan
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 2:31 am

Re: kniven

Post by SpOilerfan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:01 am

blueblood wrote:"Smalley the next head coach of St. Cloud State?"

They named Brett Larson knivey....

[-X
may go with Larson as an asst?? that's the hot rumor

Upfan111
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:16 pm
Location: Up north

Re: kniven

Post by Upfan111 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:00 am

SpOilerfan wrote:
blueblood wrote:"Smalley the next head coach of St. Cloud State?"

They named Brett Larson knivey....

[-X
may go with Larson as an asst?? that's the hot rumor
Smalley to St. Cloud as an assistant? Wow! I heard a few years back he was going to or did scout for Larson in Jr. league.

zooomx
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by zooomx » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:50 pm

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
greenwayraider wrote:Looks like Greenway is getting a transfer from Hibbing. This will make Greenway’s offense even more potent. Another player (not from Hibbing) is interested in transferring too, though this is more of a rumor.
Just keeping up with the Jones's. Get that Rapids goalie to move on over and things are set. Only way to complete this day in age in single A with the recruiting machine.
I think they have competed just fine the past couple of years. I think a certain team in West Central MN also did fine "competing" in single A without recruiting or needing transfers.

Duluthguy
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:30 am

Re: kniven

Post by Duluthguy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Upfan111 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
blueblood wrote:"Smalley the next head coach of St. Cloud State?"

They named Brett Larson knivey....

[-X
may go with Larson as an asst?? that's the hot rumor
Smalley to St. Cloud as an assistant? Wow! I heard a few years back he was going to or did scout for Larson in Jr. league.
Larson said on the radio yesterday that he was hoping to keep the existing St. Cloud State assistants, Raboin and Gibbins. We'll see if that happens....

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Re: kniven

Post by kniven » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 am

I suppose it would make sense. Did those 2 play puck together at Denfeld?

Duluthguy
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:30 am

Re: kniven

Post by Duluthguy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:46 pm

kniven wrote:I suppose it would make sense. Did those 2 play puck together at Denfeld?
They did not. Smalley graduated from Denfeld in 1980, Larson in 1991.

SpOilerfan
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 2:31 am

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by SpOilerfan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:46 pm

kniven wrote:Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?
Didn't go to st cloud though Larson wanted him, hear St Scholastica has encouraged him to apply and is on their short list!

Usthockey13
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by Usthockey13 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:36 pm

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?
Didn't go to st cloud though Larson wanted him, hear St Scholastica has encouraged him to apply and is on their short list!
Yes I hear Smalley, Jago, Corey Millen and Esse are on the short list for the CSS job

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by kniven » Tue May 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Usthockey13 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?
Didn't go to st cloud though Larson wanted him, hear St Scholastica has encouraged him to apply and is on their short list!
Yes I hear Smalley, Jago, Corey Millen and Esse are on the short list for the CSS job
Bruce Plante?

Upfan111
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:16 pm
Location: Up north

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by Upfan111 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:43 pm

kniven wrote:
Usthockey13 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?
Didn't go to st cloud though Larson wanted him, hear St Scholastica has encouraged him to apply and is on their short list!
Yes I hear Smalley, Jago, Corey Millen and Esse are on the short list for the CSS job
Bruce Plante?
Plante? No way, why would he want job?

When will St. Scholastica make the hire? Millen would be a good fit; Smalley too.

SpOilerfan
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 2:31 am

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by SpOilerfan » Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 am

Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Usthockey13 wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:Smalley the next head coach of St Cloud State?
Didn't go to st cloud though Larson wanted him, hear St Scholastica has encouraged him to apply and is on their short list!
Yes I hear Smalley, Jago, Corey Millen and Esse are on the short list for the CSS job
Bruce Plante?
Plante? No way, why would he want job?

When will St. Scholastica make the hire? Millen would be a good fit; Smalley too.
Smalley is the only high school coach in the hunt, Millen yes and 2 other D1 assts, would hate to see smalley leave cloquet though big loss and kids love playing for him

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Re: Is Greenway turning into Hermantown?

Post by kniven » Thu May 03, 2018 7:19 pm

Should be interesting who they hire. When will it be announced, anybody?

Post Reply