Things that actually matter

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

girlshockey4ever

Things that actually matter

Post by girlshockey4ever »

I figured I'd start a post outside of j4241 ripping tonka kids. You know, something different. Looking at all aspects of Girls hockey, not just how good Andover and the top players are.

Things that jumped out:
Burnsville/9 other schools over AVHS 5-1. Shocker!
BSM 5-1. Young and decent
Maple Grove has struggled their last two games. Going to OT with EP is surprising.
Blake is underperforming based on 1st line talent. Or perhaps their 1st line talent isn't all there.
Will Uma be a "sure thing" for goalie of the year? Other senior goalies are playing very well.
Centennial/SLP having a great start 7-1.
Did Don Erdall have a chew in during his interview with Her Ice? haha
j4241

Re: Things that actually matter

Post by j4241 »

girlshockey4ever wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:14 am I figured I'd start a post outside of j4241 ripping tonka kids. You know, something different. Looking at all aspects of Girls hockey, not just how good Andover and the top players are.

Things that jumped out:
Burnsville/9 other schools over AVHS 5-1. Shocker! AGREED
BSM 5-1. Young and decent AGREED - tons of team speed
Maple Grove has struggled their last two games. Going to OT with EP is surprising. AGREED, but Strom didn't play against EP (she's given up 1 goal in 5 games)
Blake is underperforming based on 1st line talent. Or perhaps their 1st line talent isn't all there. SOMEWHAT AGREE - 3.1 goals against per game is not good enough to contend. Their top line is missing the leading offensive threat from last year, and the other two are 3rd and 6th in scoring among AA metro teams - seems pretty good.
Will Uma be a "sure thing" for goalie of the year? Other senior goalies are playing very well. AGREED, but yes she will
Centennial/SLP having a great start 7-1. AGREED - against the 28th hardest schedule. More clarity once they face tougher tests.
Did Don Erdall have a chew in during his interview with Her Ice? haha NO OPINION
Identifying a dirty play and saying Lindsay isn't the best player is "ripping Tonka kids?" I don't mean to rip any kids. If it came across that way, I apologize.
j4241

Post by j4241 »

And I know this board must seem to be pretty narrow in its focus. I'm pretty much the only one that posts regularly, so it obviously covers a lot of "Things that actually matter (to me)." I'd love for the board to be a richer and more varied source of info and comments about girls high school hockey, so please keep posting "Things that actually matter (to you)." We need it!
Eagles93

Post by Eagles93 »

This board is on life support and I appreciate j4241 trying to keep it alive. To say the things he posts don't matter is a low blow.

With that said, I appreciate you bringing up new discussions:

Burnsville/9 other schools over AVHS 5-1.
AV goalie gets an unsportsmanlike, then a game misconduct later in the game. Would love to know the story there.
Then the backup 8th grader fills in admirably the next game while the starter serves suspension.

Surprising start, big wins over Warroad and Stillwater. HF next, should be a great game.

Will Uma be a "sure thing" for goalie of the year? Other senior goalies are playing very well.
Same as my other post about Lindsay, yes. Career resume already has this award in the bag for her. Deservedly so, and not a rip on a handful of other worthy goalies.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

girlshockey4ever wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:14 am I figured I'd start a post outside of j4241 ripping tonka kids. You know, something different. Looking at all aspects of Girls hockey, not just how good Andover and the top players are.

Things that jumped out:
Burnsville/9 other schools over AVHS 5-1. Shocker!
Maple Grove has struggled their last two games. Going to OT with EP is surprising.
Blake is underperforming based on 1st line talent. Or perhaps their 1st line talent isn't all there.
Centennial/SLP having a great start 7-1.
Did Don Erdall have a chew in during his interview with Her Ice? haha
=D>