Games Saturday 2/17/24

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

raidergrad72

Games Saturday 2/17/24

Post by raidergrad72 »

Eastview surprisingly 3-1 over Shakopee beginning of period 3. SOG 28-18 Shakopee.
Eastview 3-2 final. Good game.
BlueLineSpecial

Re: Games Saturday 2/17/24

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Hill Murray 4
Moorhead 4

After 2

An entertaining, and sloppy, game so far. Moorhead went up 2-0 on a PP goal and then a goal that was a bit flukey. Hill answered with 3 quick goals in the 2nd to take the lead, then Moorhead got 2 - one of which was a weak goal against Lane and the other was a bunch of Hill players standing around watching the puck handler and not paying attention to the wide open Moorhead kid parked in front of the net. No sooner than Moorhead took back the lead and Hill came back down and scored what looked like a weak goal.

Lots of back and forth. Don't blink because it seems like every time someone scores, the other team comes right back down. Lets see what happens in the remaining 17 minutes

EDIT: Link to the YouTube stream if you want to watch the final period
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UXb9b4HBSg
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

BlueLineSpecial wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:11 pm Hill Murray 4
Moorhead 4

After 2

An entertaining, and sloppy, game so far. Moorhead went up 2-0 on a PP goal and then a goal that was a bit flukey. Hill answered with 3 quick goals in the 2nd to take the lead, then Moorhead got 2 - one of which was a weak goal against Lane and the other was a bunch of Hill players standing around watching the puck handler and not paying attention to the wide open Moorhead kid parked in front of the net. No sooner than Moorhead took back the lead and Hill came back down and scored what looked like a weak goal.

Lots of back and forth. Don't blink because it seems like every time someone scores, the other team comes right back down. Lets see what happens in the remaining 17 minutes

EDIT: Link to the YouTube stream if you want to watch the final period
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UXb9b4HBSg
I've been watching. A 7 goal second period. Not a lot of defense from either team. HM has a better forecheck, but Moorhead is burying their chances on some beautiful feeds. No idea what to expect this 3rd period.
BlueLineSpecial

Hill 5
Moorhead 5

Heading to OT - which is fitting for this game.

Hill took the lead in the 3rd on a pretty bizarre play. Hill was on the penalty kill and a Moorhead kid took the puck behind the Hill goal and attempted a centering pass. It went past everyone and gently floated onto Cottingham's stick as he came out of the penalty box. No one around him, he skated in and blasted a slap shot from about 8 feet away for the Pioneer lead. And no sooner than that happened, but a Moorhead D player tied it on another soft goal. Hill mostly dominated the last 10 minutes of the 3rd and had a number of good chances but couldn't put one in.
BlueLineSpecial

Hill 6
Moorhead 5

FINAL in OT

Scored about 30 seconds into the OT. Hill played in 8 :!: OT games this year. Wild, wacky stuff.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Sudden Victory strikes again.

The throwback uni's brought me right back to my time at the school in the late 80's. Those teams often tried to see if they could get to 6 before the opponent. No defense was necessary, just the next rush. This isn't the HM team I'm used to these last 20 years under Lechner. They will win the first round of sections, but nothing is a given after that.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Edina 1-0 over Wayzata at Braemar. Seven minutes remaining, 1st period. Updates from X.

UPDATE: Wayzata 3, Edina 2. Wayzata with goals at 5:16, 5:02, and 3:34. Edina answered with 2:16 remaining in first period. Nevers with both Edina goals.

End of first period, 3-2 Wayzata. SOG: 11-7, Edina.

3-3, end of 2nd. Edina soph with a wraparound goal from behind the net.

Still tied 3-3 midway through third period. Edina with good scoring chances, including a 5-3 PP, but Wayzata holding strong.

3-3, end of regulation. Going into OT.

Wayzata wins 4-3 in OT. Max Luedtke with a one-timer from the slot for the win.
Last edited by JerseyDave on Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

I believe White Bear is leading Cretin 4-1 after two. Incredibly bad fish eye broadcast with no announcers, can't see the scoreboard on either end of the arena, and the trained monkey can't turn the Ipad fast enough to up with the puck. Can't believe I payed ten bucks for this crap. MnhockeyTv never again. Trained monkey can keep up with the Zamboni between periods.

Roed has a hatty,
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

SEC Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:47 pm I believe White Bear is leading Cretin 4-1 after two. Incredibly bad fish eye broadcast with no announcers, can't see the scoreboard on either end of the arena, and the trained monkey can't turn the Ipad fast enough to up with the puck. Can't believe I payed ten bucks for this crap. MnhockeyTv never again. Trained monkey can keep up with the Zamboni between periods.

Roed has a hatty,
I caught the MnhockeyTV stream for the second Edina-Tonka game. I'm glad it was free that night, because it was absolutely horrible.

Edit: Oh man, Scotty and I have seen eye to eye twice this week. Disturbing.
Hockey Is For Everyone
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

SEC Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:47 pm I believe White Bear is leading Cretin 4-1 after two. Incredibly bad fish eye broadcast with no announcers, can't see the scoreboard on either end of the arena, and the trained monkey can't turn the Ipad fast enough to up with the puck. Can't believe I payed ten bucks for this crap. MnhockeyTv never again. Trained monkey can keep up with the Zamboni between periods.

Roed has a hatty,
Try the link from the browser instead of the app. Not sure which you are using, but it's the same thing with the Wayzata-Edina game. The app just has a camera pointed at center ice with no announcers. Can't see any action. But when I click the Live link on MNHockey.TV, that stream has two announcers, and the camera is following the puck.

Also contact MNHockey.TV and let them know your issues. Pete Waggoner is the driving force behind it, and he's pretty reasonable. I will also contact them and let them know the Wayzata-Edina game on the app was pretty much useless.
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

JerseyDave wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:24 pm

Roed has a hatty,
Try the link from the browser instead of the app. Not sure which you are using, but it's the same thing with the Wayzata-Edina game. The app just has a camera pointed at center ice with no announcers. Can't see any action. But when I click the Live link on MNHockey.TV, that stream has two announcers, and the camera is following the puck.

Also contact MNHockey.TV and let them know your issues. Pete Waggoner is the driving force behind it, and he's pretty reasonable. I will also contact them and let them know the Wayzata-Edina game on the app was pretty much useless.
5-3 Bears final. Tell him I want my 10 bucks back.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:04 pm I caught the MnhockeyTV stream for the second Edina-Tonka game. I'm glad it was free that night, because it was absolutely horrible.
I think Pete Waggoner said there was a Comcast outage at Pagel that week so they had to use the roving fish-eye handheld camera. But in general MNHockey.TV is not up to the standards of the local community broadcasters.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

SEC Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:26 pm 5-3 Bears final. Tell him I want my 10 bucks back.
I'll let the Wagon Train know.
CrimsonCakeEater

Post by CrimsonCakeEater »

JerseyDave wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:46 pm Edina 1-0 over Wayzata at Braemar. Seven minutes remaining, 1st period. Updates from X.

UPDATE: Wayzata 3, Edina 2. Wayzata with goals at 5:16, 5:02, and 3:34. Edina answered with 2:16 remaining in first period. Nevers with both Edina goals.

End of first period, 3-2 Wayzata. SOG: 11-7, Edina.

3-3, end of 2nd. Edina soph with a wraparound goal from behind the net.

Still tied 3-3 midway through third period. Edina with good scoring chances, including a 5-3 PP, but Wayzata holding strong.

3-3, end of regulation. Going into OT.

Wayzata wins 4-3 in OT. Max Luedtke with a one-timer from the slot for the win.
Disappointed Wayzata won, not just because I wanted Edina to win, but I really wanted to see if Wayzata would pull their goalie towards the end of OT since Wayzata probably needed to win that game to get the 1 seed in 6AA.
Small town on the west side with a dream
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

CrimsonCakeEater wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:05 pm Disappointed Wayzata won, not just because I wanted Edina to win, but I really wanted to see if Wayzata would pull their goalie towards the end of OT since Wayzata probably needed to win that game to get the 1 seed in 6AA.
Pete Waggoner said after the game that he has no input on 6AA seeding, but he would seed the section:

1) Wayzata
2) BSM
3) Edina
4) Holy Angels
CrimsonCakeEater

Post by CrimsonCakeEater »

JerseyDave wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:35 pm
CrimsonCakeEater wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:05 pm Disappointed Wayzata won, not just because I wanted Edina to win, but I really wanted to see if Wayzata would pull their goalie towards the end of OT since Wayzata probably needed to win that game to get the 1 seed in 6AA.
Pete Waggoner said after the game that he has no input on 6AA seeding, but he would seed the section:

1) Wayzata
2) BSM
3) Edina
4) Holy Angels
Wouldn't be wrong to seed it like that. The 2 and 3 seeds will be interesting, not that it matters outside of jersey color and who changes second in the semifinal. Really depends on if they seed the top three all at once, like how the CFP Committee ranks teams, in which case Edina probably gets the 2, or if they give Wayzata the 1 and then compare Edina and BSM for the 2, in which case it probably goes to BSM.
Small town on the west side with a dream
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Roed has a hatty,
NSPN does a good job. Hell SpudsTV was really solid today. The price for MNHockeyTV is way too much for me.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Sparlimb wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:07 pm NSPN does a good job. Hell SpudsTV was really solid today. The price for MNHockeyTV is way too much for me.
I saw that SpudsTV broadcast today (HM-Moorhead OT), I was impressed. They even provided an instant replay of the game highlights before signing off. All for free on youtube.