TV Coverage

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BobSaget

TV Coverage

Post by BobSaget »

Figured this topic will get started eventually anyhow but I’ll get the ball rolling with something other than Mike McGraw’s glasses.

Remember when Phil Housley kept calling Marshall (Duluth) goalie by the name of “Paul Willie” instead of Willie Paul? Those were the days.

Back to the point…why doesn’t 45TV broadcast this tourney on YouTube? There are streams available on the 45TV website and the KSTP app on your preferred streaming apparatus. Not to mention, it’s a free channel with an antenna (where I live, anyway).

Do the financial agreements that are in place keep them from doing this? What are the other hang ups?

I grew a bit curious as I was wanting to watch old games for nostalgic purposes. I got to thinking…these games could live on forever on the internet and would be an incredibly easy way for people to watch from anywhere with internet availability.
ryguyMN

Re: TV Coverage

Post by ryguyMN »

$$$. There’s money to be made on people ordering copies of archived games on physical media (even if it’s a dying medium). Google profits (via ads) on games published on YouTube that the MSHSL/broadcaster loses out on.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

ryguyMN wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:11 pm $$$. There’s money to be made on people ordering copies of archived games on physical media (even if it’s a dying medium). Google profits (via ads) on games published on YouTube that the MSHSL/broadcaster loses out on.
Do they still sell archived games somewhere?
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

If any organization is going to hang onto a dying medium, and resist a new medium, that would be the MSHSL.
Hockey Is For Everyone