Hill-Murray?

TG663303

Hill-Murray?

Post by TG663303 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:11 pm

Anybody know the full roster of both varsity and jv? <p></p><i></i>

Hillfan

Re: Hill-Murray?

Post by Hillfan » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:54 pm

Sorry, only varsity is what I know for now and I'm not sure of numbers so I will just list the team.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Forwards:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>---Seniors<br>Brian Arrigoni<br>Bryant Skarda<br>Joey McEnaney<br>Vince Unklesbay<br>Nick Kohler<br>Kevin Cassidy<br>Matt Shaunessy<br>Justin Klimek<br>---Juniors<br>Mike Hoeffel<br>Nick Larson<br>Tory Pearson<br>---Freshman<br>Tyler Zepeda<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Defense:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>---Seniors<br>Derek McCallum<br>Billy Leier<br>Mac Garceau<br>Gabe Guentzel<br>---Juniors<br>Tony Danna<br>---Freshman<br>Nick Pryor <p></p><i></i>

hillhockey

Post by hillhockey » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:26 am

Goalies:<br>Senior (I think) Tom Obrien<br>Sophomore Joe Phillippi <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... lhockey</A> at: 11/20/05 10:50 am<br></i>

Hillfan

Post by Hillfan » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:41 am

Senior is right. His name is actually Tom O'Brien. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... Hillfan</A> at: 11/20/05 9:42 am<br></i>

hillhockey

Post by hillhockey » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:50 am

ok-its all edited. sorry for the mistake there. <p></p><i></i>

TG663303

Post by TG663303 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:45 am

Wow, I was actually expecting Hill-Murray to cut a number of seniors this year. I'm kind of surprised that they all made it. Good for them. <p></p><i></i>

pucker33

Post by pucker33 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:29 pm

yeah, with 13 seniors, and only about 3 juniors on JV, you have to wonder about Hill's team next year. But of course, that is a year away. <p></p><i></i>

gferhock1

Post by gferhock1 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:54 pm

As for their goalies, what happened to Dawson, did he graduate? <p></p><i></i>

Hillfan

Post by Hillfan » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:06 pm

Dawson actually left H-M and went to Michigan to play Midgets. More than likely he wouldn't have made the squad this year after last year's performance... <p></p><i></i>

WBLBEARS06

Post by WBLBEARS06 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:10 pm

what happend to mike scott, i know hes not on varsity, did he try out at all? <p>The curse lives on.....</p><i></i>

pucker33

Post by pucker33 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:11 pm

you can't label a goalie being bad just because of one bad season. Roloson, of the wild, didn't play his best till he came to the wild, so you have no idea whether or not Dawson would have made the team or not. Obviously he was good enough to make a midget team in the MWEHL. As for Mike Scott, he got cut from tryouts. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ucker33</A> at: 11/20/05 9:13 pm<br></i>

Hockeyisthebest21

Goalie

Post by Hockeyisthebest21 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:25 am

You have to wonder why he takes a senior goalie form North St. Paul? Does not appear that he is the next Al Stalock or anything. Might come back to bite them in the butt. <p></p><i></i>

Ibleedgreen

Re: Goalie

Post by Ibleedgreen » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:48 am

in typical lech fashion he cut a senior that had been with him two years. my biggest complaint is that he does not develop players only chooses those that will get the chance to develop. in order to return the green to pre-lech glory the entire coaching staff should get the boot and they need to get a coach that does what he gets paid for - coaching the team, developing players, and young men. lech and his staff sell themselves as honest and fair good guys with character and integrity yet year in and year out there are lots of examples to dispell that perception which get overlooked. the vast majority of those kids "chosen" to be the green's next stars are the bigger story rather than those that have been grossly short-changed. lech and his staff need to do the coaching and tell the guentzel's, pryor's, et al to stay out of it. question: how many seniors are honestly going to tranfer without a guarantee that they will make the team? it has to make you wonder. unfortunately this has been a pattern in the lech tenure. to cheat good and deserving kids.............there just is no excuse or justification for it. <p></p><i></i>

hockeyhank99

Post by hockeyhank99 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:39 am

It sounds like Mike Scott is a good kid and a team leader. Or should I say WAS a team leader. I sure hope some of the players have the balls to stand up to their coach and tell him what they really think about O'Brien waltzing in when he wasn't good enough to start for NSP this year. D.Mcenany should also be pissed. <p></p><i></i>

Ibleedgreen

Post by Ibleedgreen » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:55 am

scott deserved better no doubt. the kid never had a chance because they wrote him off and didn't consider him seriously for a roster spot. he is done with hockey because they said so........period. that is sad. <p></p><i></i>

brickwall33

Ibleedgreen

Post by brickwall33 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:34 am

Ibleedgreen, <br><br>I think when it comes down to this situation, the wrong choice was made. According to what I have been told, O'Brien did not distinguish himself from Scott during tryouts. If this was so ,you need to give Scott the benefit of the doubt. He was a team player and wouldn't have hurt the team at all. Phillippi was a lock at the #1 spot. Lechner wants to <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>develop</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Phillippi. He is only a sophomore. If you take Scott on the team he would be at minimum a postive team player and work his butt off. If something were to happen where he didn't produce, you have McEneny on JV, who is a good goalie. <br> <br>Now I think the negative cases of Lechner cutting ties with seniors overshadows the positives a bit. When someone gets cut they always go out and blame the coach saying he had ties with someone else. Well, I can remember multiple cases where Lechner has taken the Seniors on varsity that were borderline. They were not going to play on the top 2, possible top 3 lines. Examples: this year for instance, Kohler, Unklesbay, Klimek, Shaughnessy, and Cassidy. That is five seniors who have little to no varsity experience. Let's take a further look back. Last year, Brent Mercado, great team leader, but was the 6th sometimes 7th defenseman. He could have been easily replaced by sticking in Pryor or Danna. Two years back: Craig Kaufmann, Casey Gresbak, BJ Thompson, Garrett Adamson. All first year varsity players as seniors. Three years back: Brian Konenzcy, Mike Feesl, Trevor Thurston . Another group of Seniors that were role players on the 3rd and 4th lines. <br> <br>All of these players were borderline. Younger players could have been taken, but the fact is they very seldom are. There are many more cases were seniors get taken then get cut, but no praise is given. Nobody gives praise to a coach for keeping borderline seniors, they question it. But when you cut one, everyone blames the coach. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... kwall33</A> at: 11/21/05 11:37 am<br></i>

nolookpassguy

HM

Post by nolookpassguy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:22 pm

Lech & other varsity coaches are in a tough spot every year. You evaluate talent for the immediate year as well as the years to come. The old rule of thumb is that if everything is equal between a senior & an underclassman, the younger player is kept. The rational is that the younger player will be at a higher level of play down the road than the current senior. Now exceptions are made every year. HM has traditionally had a half a team of seniors with the equal balance of Jrs/Sophs/ and 1-2 freshman. This is done to help stabalize a program. Other program have similiar numbers (Moorhead comes to mind as an excpetion...kinda top heavy with seniors). Going back to the last couple of seasons where Lech has kept seniors who were not going to be called upon to be major contributers, each kid was informed about their role on the team. Each kid was able to opt out if they felt it would be a waste of time. <br><br>Most coaches also like the marurity a senior brings to a team. As the case was in 2003, Hill's 4th line of seniors were not in awe in playoffs and played very well.<br><br>No matter what school, the head hockey coach will take some heat over who got cut & who made the team. In hockey, we see this at the youth levels as well. It's just one of the many lessons in life and how a person/family respond will dictate how they will handle similiar situations down the road. <p></p><i></i>

Ibleedgreen

Re: HM

Post by Ibleedgreen » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:16 pm

brickwall and nolook -<br><br>lech wants to develop phillipi because he is his neighbor. mike scott got cut for another senior who will not play. mike scott has been with the varsity the past two seasons. don't they owe him a chance? if you say no then tell me why they didn't do anything to develop him the past two seasons.<br><br>for you to suggest that mercado could have been replaced by pryor or danna is ridiculous. that kid was exactly what last years team needed on d. he was shelfed due to old man guentzel's pressure and loyalty to former players and brothers that came before them. pryor will eventually be a nice player but was far too small and weak to compete with varsity players last season and will struggle this year but will be given every opportunity to succeed. don't forget mercado played regular and played well as a junior and danna has not seen a minute of varsity ice.<br><br>thompson and adamson were diggers and good role players. every successful team needs them. when lech and his staff start shortening the bench in the first game of the year they miss an opportunity to develop the key players that can be the difference come playoff time.<br><br>you refer to conversations lech has with his marginal players going in and i know from two very reliable sources that this does not happen. it is time for you guys to stop carrying lech's water. if they are destined to sit then why doesn't he choose the underclassmen and build for the future as you suggest.<br><br>look, i want the pioneers to be successful again too. success to hill means getting to state and bringing home a trophy. it will not happen as long as you allow parents to coach and influence decisions based on friendships, status, occupation, or promises. <p></p><i></i>

nolookpassguy

Post by nolookpassguy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:41 pm

Ibleed,<br><br>I would argue that nobody on this board knows Lech or the Mercados better than I do. You will lose instant credability if you think Brent was anything more than a marginal hockey player. Slow feet/hands do not equate well on the ice. Attitude wise you will not find a better kid. He was as loyal as they came & bled (literally) Pioneer Green. He was infomed, prior to the last set of cuts, that his role would be very limited his senior year. Lech wanted to know if Brent would be ok with his or would Brent rather just walk away and perhaps start making money for college. Brent just wanted to be apart of the team and help in any way (not surprising...class kid). He received the amount of ice time Lech indicated he would get...spot work. Younger Guentzel & little Prior will be better hockey players than Brent ever was. They have more talent at this age then Brent did at the same age. The sad thing is, Brent knows this. <br><br>You have been an anti-Lech guy for sometime. He is doing the same thing Whisler & Skrypeck did, but in a different era of high school hockey. I don't expect you to accept this information and accept the view from another perspective, but it's important to offer the full view when trying to discredit an individual/program. <p></p><i></i>

Hockeyisthebest21

HM

Post by Hockeyisthebest21 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:56 pm

Needless to say Scott was never given a chance. Taking a goalie from North St. Paul made was a big mistake. The deal had been made to take this O'brein kid. The let's play hockey that was released thursday, had O'brien listed as a one of HM's goalies. The "tryouts" were to end thursday. They had the decision made long ago. It seriously is a joke. Nolook, you have been ilovelech guy your whole time, so that is the reason why you are against Ibleed. <p></p><i></i>

pucker33

Post by pucker33 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:56 pm

I'm sorry i'm saying this, but:<br>Its kinda hard not to be an anti lech guy nowadays. With all the stuff that goes on that conserns him and the hockey program, its rediculous. Lechner had no intention of giving Scott a real chance and its terrible. As for coaching situation, I say get rid of lechner and keep Pat Schaf, then move Bill Schaf up to the Varsity team and let the Schaf brothers run the show.<br><br>If he was doing the same thing as the last two coaches did, I think that hill would have had a couple of State trophies sitting in the trophy case by now. <p></p><i></i>

Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:27 pm

On the bright side, it sounds like cut time at Hill has awakened some emotion in people. This must be a good thing as the feeling for the last 4 years has been indifference. I'm too far removed anymore from the program to give any insight, although I find myself agreeing with nolook. Cuts are always hard and hard decisions need to be made. Someone is always feeling wronged and the coach is always the bad guy. That said, you can't argue that Lechner has been a disappointment as far as program success goes. He's dropped the expectations of that school far below what most alumni feel is acceptable. While Hill is still a respected school, they aren't a powerhouse that they were the 20 years prior to Lechner arriving. Personally, I've found Lechner to be an honest man who always has been approachable. It's kind of like Mason at the U in football, the nicest guys aren't always the most successfull coach. <p></p><i></i>

Ibleedgreen

Post by Ibleedgreen » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:42 pm

nolook -<br><br>guentzel and pryor better start improving if they are going to be better than mercado. you are obviously on the payroll and owe a debt to lech to support his actions and fabricate these conversations. if you are who i think you are you don't know jack. in fact i would not be too quick to list your contribution to the program on your resume. <p></p><i></i>

Newguy99

Post by Newguy99 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:02 pm

Does anyone know the JV roster? Thanks <p></p><i></i>

Ibleedgreen

Post by Ibleedgreen » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:08 pm

newguy<br><br>not up yet but check this link for updates<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.hmpioneers.net/hockey/roster ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>