cade fairchild = best soph. in state

gopher10

cade fairchild = best soph. in state

Post by gopher10 »

he was good in state, i will guess he will leave for NTDP or something along those lines. Does anyone know his future plans, or will he stay the full four years? <p></p><i></i>
birdmister

Re: cade fairchild = best soph. in state

Post by birdmister »

I would have to say Fairchild and Marvin were the top two sophomores at state this year.<br><br>Oh if slappy was still around to see me say that. <p>Moorhead sets a new state tournament record!</p><i></i>
ccm22

Re: cade fairchild = best soph. in state

Post by ccm22 »

fairchild is a very good defensman best sophmore defensmen what about forwards though?<br> <p></p><i></i>
BabyBlueFan4Life

Soph Forwards

Post by BabyBlueFan4Life »

Taylor Mattson (Holy Angels)<br>Josh Levine (Jefferson)<br>Jordy Christian (Moorhead)<br>Patrick White (Grand Rapids) <p></p><i></i>
spudfan25

Re: Soph Forwards

Post by spudfan25 »

I think Jordy is a very skilled player who appear to really be working when he's on the ice. His feet are always moving. <p></p><i></i>
eaglehockey15

Post by eaglehockey15 »

I think Aaron MArvin is better than all those guys you listed, also Nico Saccheti on Virginia is also a great player but I'm not sure if he is a 9th or 10th grader<br> <p></p><i></i>
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Said it before, Fairchild inpressed me. I thought he was very skilled. I'm not sure if he's great defensively yet, but I'm sure he'll grow into that. If not, heck why not throw him up to forward, he has the skill for it! <p></p><i></i>
East13

Cade

Post by East13 »

Here at East, there was talk of why not throwing him up at forward. I talked to him, teammates and other people about this and we all agreed that if that was done, there wouldn't have been much left at D. He is still one of the best D at East, even though he has a lot to learn. He could very well be one of the best forwards too, but he needs to play D because of the lack of D at East. (Fud-Downing, Wade-Kyle, CADE-Colin) Without Cade, there's Colin thrown into a mix of 4 D. <br><br>I also heard (from a reliable source) that if Cade were to go anywhere it would be to Ann Arbor, but he isn't planning on going anywhere. I heard more (from his sophomore teammates) that he wouldn't be leaving East, and he will be playing there. <p></p><i></i>
Spinner18

Re: Cade

Post by Spinner18 »

marvin best soph. nico is 9th grade and played like crap in the tourney, whole team didnt do anything besides watch the game. impressive season by nico tho <p></p><i></i>
hcky0809

Post by hcky0809 »

Agree on Marvin - I thought he was the most impressive sophmore in the tournament and played consistently very well in all three games. Cade Fairchild is a good player and has a tremendous upside - very skilled - though I thought his first two games he appeared to struggle defensively. He certainly logs a ton of ice time for a sophmore though which probably exposes his weaknesses as much as his strengths more. <p></p><i></i>
duluthockey818

Post by duluthockey818 »

jack connoly - DM <p></p><i></i>
koren808

Josh Levine

Post by koren808 »

I would say Josh Levine was one of the most impressive sophomores this year. He had 2 goals and 4 assists, including a goal and 3 assists against ER. The one thing he needs to do is to get a little more physical because he has the body to be a physical player, but he isn't. <p></p><i></i>
hatrick00

Re: Josh Levine

Post by hatrick00 »

cade is good... but pretty sure josh levine is just as good if not better. 2 goals and 4 assists in the state tourney and a total of 39 points in the season. he will be amazing as a senior. <p></p><i></i>
Hillfan

Sophomores

Post by Hillfan »

As long as we are in the topic, I'll bring up Mike Hoeffel. This kid is amazing. His skill work is like no other, he has <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>everything</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> a player needs. Size, shot, speed, and great vision on the ice. As a senior, as long as all goes well, don't be surprised to see him right near the top of the scoring leaders in state. Should be a Mr. Hockey Candidate no doubt about it. <p></p><i></i>
Penalty Shot

Re: Sophomores

Post by Penalty Shot »

I've watched Fairchild some for the past 3 years. A couple of points: comparably I think he continues to accelerate his development at a faster pace then almost anyone else his age. Fairchild has ability and gifts that some are fortunate to be born with, hopefully he will continue to show the desire to keep improving. I hope he stays in High School so we all have the ability to continue to watch him play. Another point he is a winner. Led his Pee Wee team to a state championship, last years Bantam team runner up to Moorhead and the East team to a third place finish. He has been to the state tournament the last 5 years and looks like he could make it 7 years in a row if he sticks around Duluth. The kid is talented but seems like he is extremely unselfish maybe to a fault. He looks like a kid who would pass up individual honors for team wins. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... hs>Penalty Shot</A> at: 3/7/05 7:31 pm<br></i>
Eddie Shore

re: Sophomores

Post by Eddie Shore »

Cade is a very nice player with tremendous skill. I hope he stays at East and finishes his HS career in Minnesota. I agree with all of the sophomores that have been listed in this thread thus far. One name tht has not popped up is Nick Jaskowiak, another very nice defenseman. <p></p><i></i>
BauerHockey

Re: re: Sophomores

Post by BauerHockey »

Aaron Marvin definetly. he played good all season n played very good in the tourny also! <p></p><i></i>
greyhound05

East and Underclassmen

Post by greyhound05 »

Yeah east has the best underclassmen in state, they are probally going to win it all the next 3 years at least 2 times. They got in no particular order: Keagen Flaherty, Ben Leis, Cade Fairchild, Josh Turnbal, Colin Tranchel, and Will Mclean. <p></p><i></i>
old time hockey

best sophomores

Post by old time hockey »

Fairchild, Trachsel, Matson, Christian, and Marvin were the best soph. players that I saw this year. <p></p><i></i>
Bogey guy

Re: best sophomores

Post by Bogey guy »

Jordy Christian will really show his stuff next year. He should have gotten more ice time this year but a few seniors got the ice time that Jordy deserved. <p></p><i></i>
hcky0809

Re: best sophomores

Post by hcky0809 »

That was something that stood out to me was the little amount of ice time he received during the tournament. I realize that he is a sophmore and Moorhead had an abundance of talented seniors, but I still think he could've received more ice time and there's no question he would've provided a spark. Good luck to him next year - good player and fun to watch! <p></p><i></i>