HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what was the best Moorhead team to lose a Championship game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> MNHSArchiveSpring2005
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloquetfan16

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: what was the best Moorhead team to lose a Championship game Reply with quote

was it this year ?

Hillfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: what was the best Moorhead team to lose a Championship g Reply with quote

Moorhead had one solid club last year. But looking at this year with so much talent and so many seniors, it could have been this team.

topshelf11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: what was the best Moorhead team to lose a Championship g Reply with quote

This years team was the best.

MightySpud03

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: what was the best Moorhead team to lose a Championship g Reply with quote

After watching numerous teams in the past, I'd have to say this year's team was probably the best also

BELOW 0 ZERO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: it's between 1994 and 2005 Reply with quote

the 1994 team would beg to differ. only time will tell, but since this year is viewed as one of the greatest chokes, this side of the pecos river, the '94 team could be construed as the best their's ever been. no team from moorhead ever, ever, ever scored more goals than the '94 team.

however, no team from moorhead ever, ever, ever choked as much as this years team: an overwhelming favorite.

:o

Seniornuts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: it's between 1994 and 2005 Reply with quote

To me being runner up is still top cheese compared to many that didnt make it there or have never won.:)

EREmpireStrikesBack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: it's between 1994 and 2005 Reply with quote

I'd say this year's team. #1 all year, only losses to good teams and ties THE GREATEST TEAM EVER* (* because of A haha :p ).

Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls

THE SWAMP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: it's between 1994 and 2005 Reply with quote

Did ya know the Scheel's in Moorhead was selling t-shirts and stuff about Moorhead winning the state championship? Even Before the tournament.

starsalum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: it's between 1994 and 2005 Reply with quote

Yep :rollin

Go Buffs

SpudsPUCKemUP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: it's between 1994 and 2005 Reply with quote

They had 2 designs of what the shirts looked like. Oh no a whole 15 bucks lost to the owner is a millionaire.

LloydBraun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: big deal Reply with quote

Big deal a place had a design for a shirt if moorehead won it. thats good business get it ready to sell right away if moorehead wins, companies do this all the time spending money to make clothes for both teams even before they know who won, stop trying to rub in the fact that moorehead lost geez it gets old

icedreamer11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: big deal Reply with quote

1992-1994 teams would have beat this year's head-to-head.

slapshooter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: '92 to '94 say no more!.....by SS Reply with quote

1992 through 1994 !

Like the man said so say no more! :lol

S8o S

BELOW 0 ZERO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: beerhead sputternicks Reply with quote

with the way those goalies played in the championship. monticello would have beaten the 2005 team at that point.

:lol

packerboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Best is relative Reply with quote

I dont know if the 90s team had more talent or not but what I do know is that ,all things considered ,this team had the best chance to win.

There was a team dressed in powder blue that had one or two decent players that blocked the path in the early 90s.

There was no such obstruction this year. Not on that scale.

Every thing was in their favor. They had the best team. No one in the section to keep them out. No super team in the field. DE knocks off WBL in the first round to give them an easy ride to the championship game.

I dont know if this was their best team but theyll never have a better opportunity to win it.

Edited by: packerboy at: 3/9/05 1:05 pm
icedreamer11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Best is relative Reply with quote

I agree with you 100% Packer, this was the ripest pickings for the Spuds ever. The powder Blue you speak of might have been the best High School Team in MN History.

Neutron 14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Best is relative Reply with quote

I think last years team was better than this years. More talent this year, but a lot less chemistry. I think last years Centennial team(30-1, 255 GF / 33 GA) was the best in MN since the Jefferson powerhouse's of the early 90's. Moorhead played them twice last year, I was at both, and it was an even match.

Edited by: Neutron 14 at: 3/9/05 11:08 am
reddy44

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Best is relative Reply with quote

Great point Packer I was thinking the same thing. The talent this team has is very comparible to the talent they had from 92-95. However, we are not talking about which team had the most talent, we are talking about the best team. There is no doubt if you compare the teams in the mid 90's to this years team there is one glaring difference. TEAM CHEMISTRY!!! They simply had better chemistry back then and a better man behind the bench. The best players were on the ice and everyone knew their place...

Fives

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Spuds Reply with quote

I believe if this years team had TC coaching they would have won it. He would have had more discipline and they would have had a better work ethic.
I believe the 93-94 spuds power play ran at an amazing 52%.
Give that to this years team and they win it.
Still frustrated they couldn't win the big one this year. It would have got the monkey off the back for everyone who ever played for MHD.

mnhockeylvr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Spuds Reply with quote

Ive still got to believe that the 94 team with Ryan Kraft and Matt Cullen among others had to be the team with the most sheer talent in Moorhead's history. And they were never higher than #2 or 3 in the state, pulling off an upset against Elk River in a section final. This team was better compared to the field, but I like the 94 team as my favorite Moorhead squad.

If only Beiswinger could have been playing this year, working that magic in stopping all of those shots, oh what could have been.

carpenter guy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Spuds Reply with quote

Last year's team was their best but they were unlucky to play against a nearly unbeatable Centennial team.

cuda701

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Spuds Reply with quote

when herb brooks put together the '80 olympic team - what was the #1 thing he was looking for??????????

"team chemistry";)

this was the Spuds year as for talent

Edited by: cuda701 at: 3/10/05 10:41 pm
icedreamer11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Spuds Reply with quote

92-94 would have beat this team head-to-head

Neutron 14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Spuds Reply with quote

I agree dreamer, but in a relative sense. Hockey talent in this state as a whole has grown immensely in the last 10 years.

icedreamer11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Spuds Reply with quote

I can add to that good opinion by stating I think there was more parity in the top 5 teams this year than any other year that I can remember.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> MNHSArchiveSpring2005 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum Rules/Reporting Offensive Posts (Updated 3/16/05)

National HS Hockey Rankings

State by State HS Hockey Profiles

USHighSchoolHockey.com

MidgetAAAHockey.com

Statewide High School Hockey Links (By State)

High School Hockey Team Links (By State)

Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by team) Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by date)

Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (USHSHO) Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (MinnHock)

Nationwide HS Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey National Rankings

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey Rankings

New England Prep School Hockey Rankings

Prep School Hockey Links

Friends of USHSHO and the Forums:

MinnHock

WisconsinPrepHockey.Net

Sponsored Links: