HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRF brings in super star from russia.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> MNHSArchiveSpring2005
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hockeymind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: TRF brings in super star from russia. Reply with quote

Zach Wheey from russia stands 6' 3" fast as lightning and will put thief over the hump and win state in 06.

birdmister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: TRF brings in super star from russia. Reply with quote

super

Moorhead sets a new state tournament record!

slapshooter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Section 8, Feelin' Great, Kid from Russia shows up late! Reply with quote

Section 8, Feelin' Great, kid from Russia,

shows up too late! :lol

S:rollin S

Salol Hockey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Section 8, Feelin' Great, Kid from Russia shows up late! Reply with quote

RECRUIT,RECRUIT, RECRUIT. Oh, I am sorry, I mean ...Transfer, Transfer, Transfer.

Edited by: Salol Hockey at: 3/15/05 12:55 pm
Hockeyisthebest21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: TRF Reply with quote

Do they have a decent goalie coming back next year to help them to state?

WBLBEARS06

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: TRF Reply with quote

ya, i agree i think this kid is a recruit. I mean why would a foreign exchange student go to TRF. Wouldnt he want to go to a better school. Since the foreign exchange program is all about education and not athletics.

The curse lives on.....

hockeyexpert22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: TRF brings in super star from russia. Reply with quote

i heard ramaslov sabonis is coming over from slovakia and is going to go to either orono, benilde, or breck. he is 6'5 240lbs and has great hands from what i hear

birdmister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: TRF brings in super star from russia. Reply with quote

WBL what are you talking about. Roseau even gets multiple foriegn exchange students every year. You should probabably venture out of that bubble. There is more to this world than the state quarterfinals.

Moorhead sets a new state tournament record!

WBLBEARS06

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: TRF brings in super star from russia. Reply with quote

ya i know, but all i am saying is why would someone go to TRF, instead of a metro school. Better learning enviornment. Foreign exchange are here for one reason and one reason only to learn. Not to play hockey, and this has nothing to do with state quarterfinal games.

The curse lives on.....

2AhockeyOldTimer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: TRF brings in super star from russia. Reply with quote

I'm sure these teams have guys traveling overseas to nab a good recruit.

longrebound

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Russky in TRF Reply with quote

It is easy to understand why he would go to TRF -- it will remind him of Russia.

Same weather

Same women

A two day bus ride from civilization

Joking boys....joking. But, if this kid was any good I don't think the RSF would let him out for any period of time.

SB24

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Russky in TRF Reply with quote

i dont care who he is trf will suck 4ever :lol

Play another sport if ya dont got what it takes to DangleMcFangle.

MNPuckster27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Why TRF? Reply with quote

The World Juniors were up there last winter and the Russians stayed in TRF. I dont know if he came along to watch or what, or if he just heard of the town from people that came back to Russia after being there. Just a thought, could be a reason why hes going to TRF.

Salol Hockey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Russky in TRF Reply with quote

Looks to me like TRF is doing what they tried to do in 2003,pull out all the recruiting stops, and praying that it will work this year.
How much is a round trip ticket from Russia anyhow?
I don't imagine that TRF has been to state since their started broadcasting the state tournament.

Don't screw it up boys and lose Forney to Warroad.

neutralzonetrapper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Why TRF? Reply with quote

Reading this whole thread has got me smiling from ear to ear :lol , some of you guys and gals need to step back and take a breath.

Salol Hockey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Russky in TRF Reply with quote

Looks like Big Skip might have one last recruiting violation to investigate before he retires. I do know that foreign exchange students must be random.

WBLBEARS06

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Russky in TRF Reply with quote

lol longrebound very true :lol

The curse lives on.....

war hock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Russky in TRF Reply with quote

even if he is playing for them. won't he not be able to play for them neway in the playoffs.If so how will he help them to state.

powerhouse10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Russky in TRF Reply with quote

Why wouldnt he be able to play in the playoffs, this does seem strange him moving over here if he is any good. how old is this kid?

hockeymind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Russky in TRF Reply with quote

there is no body from russia coming to TRF me and a buddy were just having a little fun with another friend of ours.

Edited by: hockeymind at: 3/15/05 6:31 pm
HockeyMan05

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Eagan Reply with quote

I remember in the past years Eagan had some international transfers...and yeah look at them, it didn't do anything...you need more then one transfer in order for it to be worth talking about...unless its a name like sydney crosby

east hockey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Why TRF? Reply with quote

Quote:
Reading this whole thread has got me smiling from ear to ear

Me too. Don't put a smiley face in the initial post and watch the reaction.

Lee

northman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Better schools in the metro???????? Reply with quote

Better schools in the metro…..that’s funny. Did you TRF specifically or northern schools in general?

mnhockey77

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

this reminds me of this last fall soccer season. AL had a foreign exchange student from Denmark who happened to be an outstanding soccer player come to town. i can gaurentee that he was not "recruited" if anything, i think coming here hurt him. also, the team was beyond helpless and him coming didn't effect the outcome of their season. point is, i think this Russian going to TRF is totally by chance. I don't think they can pick where they want to go, they are just placed somewhere.

Edited by: mnhockey77 at: 3/15/05 7:42 pm
SB24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

he was kidding!

Play another sport if ya dont got what it takes to DangleMcFangle.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> MNHSArchiveSpring2005 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum Rules/Reporting Offensive Posts (Updated 3/16/05)

National HS Hockey Rankings

State by State HS Hockey Profiles

USHighSchoolHockey.com

MidgetAAAHockey.com

Statewide High School Hockey Links (By State)

High School Hockey Team Links (By State)

Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by team) Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by date)

Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (USHSHO) Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (MinnHock)

Nationwide HS Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey National Rankings

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey Rankings

New England Prep School Hockey Rankings

Prep School Hockey Links

Friends of USHSHO and the Forums:

MinnHock

WisconsinPrepHockey.Net

Sponsored Links: