Section 2A 2006-2007

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win section 2A

Poll ended at Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:58 am

Duluth Marshall
57%
St. Cloud Cathedral
22%
Sauk Rapids
2%
Duluth Denfeld
7%
Princeton
2%
Duluth Central
No votes
Proctor
4%
Pine City
2%
Moose Lake
2%
Mora
2%

Total votes: 46

boblee

Section 2A 2006-2007

Post by boblee »

Last year's winner: Duluth Marshall
scottparker

2A

Post by scottparker »

I think it very much depends on who stays and who goes, as well as who DM will bring in from other schools. IF DM stays "as is" and SCC keeps Crandell, I'll go with SCC. If DM brings in new blood, and Crandell leaves for the juniors, then DM will get the nod... If DM does not bring in anyone and keeps what they have, and SCC loses Crandell, then it could be very close. (Slight nod to DM in this case)

Of course, it's an opinion ONLY....
mnhockey22

2a

Post by mnhockey22 »

scottparker, what do you think if DM brings in new guys and crandell stays?
scottparker

new scenario?

Post by scottparker »

I guess that would depend on who DM brought in. However, if DM brings in some good talent (and they usually do, don't they?), then DM would get the nod. Right now, with no changes, by mid-season I think that DM and SCC are pretty darned close and it could go either way. (I wonder what will happen if MSHL ends up enacting the new rumored rule about moves????

I really do think that it could be a hot race to the end between DM and SCC.
IRC

Marshal

Post by IRC »

I hear that Zach Mausolf from Eveleth is transferring to Marshal next year if that is true I think he can help their team up a lot
mnwild18

duluth marshall

Post by mnwild18 »

I heard he is going there too.
scottparker

Post by scottparker »

And so DM starts their rebuilding process...... As we all knew would happen. My guess is that the hardest holes for DM to fill will be back at D. They had some good players in front of Paul... But they'll be returning some nice players too.
STC18

Post by STC18 »

Marshall will probably beat out Cathedral next season...I agree with scottparker if Crandell stays Cathedral could have a good shot at winnin 2A but DM always seems to be tough.
MNHocker444

Crandell

Post by MNHocker444 »

I agree i saw it happen with my own eyes, he is not that good
Dan32gler

if Crandell stays Cathedral could have a good shot

Post by Dan32gler »

That is 100% WRONG!! he is way over rated and is NOT good AT ALL
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

STC18 wrote:Marshall will probably beat out Cathedral next season...I agree with scottparker if Crandell stays Cathedral could have a good shot at winnin 2A but DM always seems to be tough.
Looks like Crandell is gone. He is listed on the roster for Sioux City http://www.musketeershockey.com/roster.asp and I have heard from a few people that he will play for Sioux City this year.
scottparker

Full season, or two part?

Post by scottparker »

Looks like Crandell is gone. He is listed on the roster for Sioux City http://www.musketeershockey.com/roster.asp and I have heard from a few people that he will play for Sioux City this year.[/quote]

Will he be doing the entire season for Sioux City, or one of those before/after things? Are there any other 2A kids on rosters for USHL or NAHL teams??
NumberCruncher

Post by NumberCruncher »

Regardless of Crandall, you gotta go with DM. DM definantly won't be as dominant as last year but I expect them to come out of this section.
RLStars

Re: Full season, or two part?

Post by RLStars »

scottparker wrote:Looks like Crandell is gone. He is listed on the roster for Sioux City http://www.musketeershockey.com/roster.asp and I have heard from a few people that he will play for Sioux City this year.
Will he be doing the entire season for Sioux City, or one of those before/after things? Are there any other 2A kids on rosters for USHL or NAHL teams??[/quote]

Scott

I heard he will playing the entire season for Sioux City. Second hand info, but these people should be very reliable.