Zach Strouts

Discussion of Minnesota HS Junior Varsity Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

parkfan24

Zach Strouts

Post by parkfan24 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:01 pm

Strouts is the best JV player in the state he plays for the St. Louis Park Orioles.<br><br>He has 18 points in 6 games for the Orioles and he plays defense. <p></p><i></i>

statehockey22

Strouts

Post by statehockey22 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:27 pm

Does Strouts still play on JV cause strouts is Number 9 i know on the varsity team, just wondering if that was him that got hurt durin the hibbing JV team or if it was a different number 9...heard he took a pretty helacious hit tho.. went off the ice stumblin to the locker room??? any word if he is alright? <p></p><i></i>

hockey school

strout

Post by hockey school » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:47 pm

who cares bout this little JV player he is no good and u need to get on with ur life <p></p><i></i>

GVvikes

Post by GVvikes » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Hello, this is about 4 years late but I just saw this post topic and I thought I would give an update, Zach Strouts graduated this last June from Concordia College St. Paul and played shortstop 4 years on the baseball team, a nice all around athlete, also that #9 for St. Louis Park that got hammered in Dec. 04 in the Hibbing JV game was my son Derek Moore, he had a pretty serious concussion but stayed with the team for the rest of the weekend tournement not wanting to leave his team, Derek was one of those kids that would not give up, he ended up being the leading scorer and was awarded the MVP team trophy that spring in 05, having never made an "A" team in youth hockey and being the last guy cut most years he sucked it up and lifted weights and worked hard every day that summer of 05 knowing this was his last chance to make the Varsity team as a senior, He did make the team and ended up with 12 points and scored his first two Varsity goals in the Hibbing Tournement in Dec. 05 which St. Louis Park won beating Greenway 6-0 Hibbing 5-0 and Grand Rapids 2-1, Park was rated as high as 6th in state that year, Skating with Andy Sacrisson, Tyler Peterson, Mitch Carlson and Josh Swartout, Derek Probably had no business being there taking the place of another "A" player from youth hockey, at the end of the season in 06, Derek was awarded the "most improved player" team trophy and coach Donahue also awarded him the "hardest worker trophy" it just shows you should never give up the desires of your heart.
Basketball, a great game for guys who cant play Hockey

Rocket78

Post by Rocket78 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Wow, that sentence was like an old girlfriend, thank god the period finally showed up. I couldn't resist :D

Actually, it was a nice follow up on what sounds like a couple of young men that appear to have a great work ethic. Thanks for sharing.