ANOKAS GOT TALENT!!! Will they perform?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

How far will Anoka go?

State Tourney First round loss
11%
Section Final loss
22%
Early section loss
50%
State Champions
17%

Total votes: 36

RealDeal

ANOKAS GOT TALENT!!! Will they perform?

Post by RealDeal »

What are the thoughts on Anokas chances if there players perform to their abilities. John O'Niell coming off of a big year, Cory Belise Slummping as of late but is bound to catch fire Berkley Scott young Big and talented. Ryan Noonan the fourth year returner should make some noise in his senoir year. James Campbell fully recovered from the ankle and mean. Jeff lesmiester a solid D man with the nose for a big hit. Brendon Eason returning after a disappointing junior year looking to make some noise in his senior year. And much more speed and young talent.
Stars67

sure

Post by Stars67 »

Hell why not give them some hope but im telling you they better all perform
hckyfan62

Anoka

Post by hckyfan62 »

They should have good team, 3 star players. Who will play the bulk in the nets?
HockeyObserver19

Post by HockeyObserver19 »

Oneil, Scott, Belile, and Noonan will literally have to keep this team up on their back because of the lack of defensemen and a shaky goaltender. It is Blaine's tourny spot to lose.
speakingthetruth

Post by speakingthetruth »

Yes, You are right about Anoka only having three "stars" so say, in John O'neill, Berkley Scott, and Cory Belisle. But rumors are that there defense is shakey and they will be having a Junior goaltender starting, J.D. Wells who has never seen one shot of Varsity yet. So it should be very interesting. Also who is this Noonon? I've never heard anything about him.
HockeyObserver19

Brandon Eason and J.D Wells will split time in net.
Hockey=Life

Post by Hockey=Life »

Everyone is talking about how good Anoka will be next year. They had the same guys last season and took 2nd to last just ahead of Park Center. I know the year helped for expierence but not enough to move up 8 spots or how ever many. State Tournament teams have depth. Including goaltending. Anoka will have 1 good line for sure and a average to above average 2nd line, and 3rd line just wont be able to compete. And for the "D" , that's where they will hurt. They will not have one All conference defencmen and the good teams have D. Goaltending is the biggest problem of all. I look for Anoke to make the section semi-finals tops. All depends on who they play.
Stars67

Post by Stars67 »

Oneill will lead the confrence in scoring the team last years was young and was brought down every game by a BRUTAL senior class the 4th line last year was way better than the third they just werent didnt have and periods of Eligibility left after the JV games because in this section seniors cant play JV. On sports huddle it says Eason went 7-8-1 with 89.7 Save% and 2.88 GAA including a 29 save shutout over avery good hastings team. I wouldn't say they are splitting time just yet! Look for O'Neill Belisle and Noonan to Be among the top scoring leaders in the confrence
HockeyObserver19

Scott as well
speakingthetruth

Post by speakingthetruth »

Stars67- I do agree with you on the goaltending side, but I've really only heard of three people on the team that can bury the puck, John O'Neill-37 Points, Cory Belisle-35 points, and Berkley Scott-28 points. So I don't really understand how Noonan could be up there with them in the Top Scoring in the NWSC when these three were the only forwards on the team with over 20 points. Please tell me why i'm wrong here.
Stars67

Post by Stars67 »

Truth You are very accurate but I am just simply making a prediction. Noonan had an off year last year with only 18 pts. but he has the most varsity experiance of anyone on the team (entering his 4th year) he has added some weight and grown about 6 inches since his freshman year he will bring a physical and relentless attack on the forecheck which is something the other 3 wont attempt to do. This hard work will pay off in his senior year simply by him having a better team playing with him and that easy fact of beingin the right place at the right time! But the goalie will be solid if what I have heard about his work ethic is true and he will overall help make up for the defensive corps. It will be very interesting unfortanitly I think the season depends on this one kid i just heard about him this summer but i have only heard good things from very reliable sources. But like i said this year will be interesting.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Anoka? Hahahaha

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

:lol:

(Why don't we have the rolling laughter anymore? This is the perfect situation)
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
RealDeal

Post by RealDeal »

Its gonna be tough to accept the first season sweep elk river has ever taken this year ER they are garbage they lost way too much offensive power and didnt pick up any big rrecruits other than broadhog but one player cant do it all Its time for you to be put to rest little man
speedkills

Post by speedkills »

Sounds like Anoka's got a bunch of dreamers to me. I see 1 player with 18 goals. That's hardly a big deal, particularly if that player was seeing exensive ice time. In fact it's pretty poor. If this is what consist's of Anoka's rise to the top, sorry it aint gonna happen. How come these guys don't show up anywhere at the top in rankings with the rest of the best players throughout the state if they are so great? Answer is they are average at best. Where will Anoka end up this year? right at the bottom again.
drop the puck.....
Hockey=Life

Post by Hockey=Life »

Elk River will be contrending for the top 3 spots. They have some the best "D" and a good goalie and with brodhag he will help more then you think. Brodhag is better then any of Anoka's top players. He played in the Elite league last year while Anoka's " BIG GUNS " played in Elite 2.
Just some info but I just can't see the depth of Anoka carrying the team to far.
HockeyObserver19

Oneil made it all the way to the three nations cup and produced well. I do not think Brodhag ever accomplished that?
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

Anoka will not sweep Elk River this year.

ER vs. ANOKA

Offensive Edge: Anoka
Defensive Edge: Elk River
Goaltending: Elk River
Coaching: Elk River

I'll take the Elks to sweep the Tornado's.
underdog45

Post by underdog45 »

eason should have a strong season. He's not that great of a goalie, but look for him to perform well this season
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

Brodhag is much better than Scott, Belilse, and O'Neil.

O'Neil being the closest to him out of the three.

Eason is a decent netminder, but with weak defensemen in front of him, his weaknesses will be exposed.

I'd still say that Elk River and Blaine fight it out for conference champs, while Centennial and Anoka battle for 3rd.
Creator of the Original Applause Button,

Big_Thurst
Stars67

Post by Stars67 »

WOW!!! Thats all I can say to that comment Big Thurst you have had some good imput on this board this past year but that is such an embarassing post you should really think about deleting it. O'Neill is a world class player he will in my opinion have a D1 scholarship before any other player on those two teams not even to mention the entire confrence he made the national team for the three nations festival and scored a hat trick against germany in one period im pretty sure brodhag never did that he will struggle without swan and provos by his side.
RealDeal

Post by RealDeal »

Big Thurst Man you should really re think that one i mean onieill is a stud best player in the confrence with maybe the exception of lynch or baudette the deca confrence was a good time though man and i apprecaite the comment on my behalf but you cant honestly think that brodhag is better than oneill. we will see who has more points in the end
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

I'm sure there are plenty of things that we could go back and forth about and say "Did Brodhag do this, Did O'Neil do that"

Can anybody tell me who the second highest scorer in the NWSC in the regular season was last year?

Surprise, surprise. Brandon Brodhag.

Now don't get me wrong, John O'Neil is a great hockey player. I was by no means questioning his abilities or saying he wasn't good. I would easily say he's one of the top 10, if not top 5 forwards in the NWSC.

What I was saying is that, in this point in time, Brodhag is better than O'Neil, scoring more points last season in HS hockey, and this year in Elite 1, and probably this year in the HS season. O'Neil by all means has the accolades and a very bright future. Yes, O'Neil is a stud, yes, O'Neil may be better in the long run, he has a comparable ability to Brodhag and is younger than Brandon, but no, o'niel is not the best player in the conference this year.

Now considering you're going to back your Anoka boys, and I'm gonna back my Elk River boys, we'll just have to wait and let the season unfold.

1/18 @ Anoka
2/15 @ Elk River

"this season vote for eason" classic.

I hope your fans are ready for us.

p.s. your fans aren't ready for us.

Big_Thurst
hckyfan62

ER vs. Anoka predictions

Post by hckyfan62 »

Here are my predictions for the 2 games this year:

1/18 @ Anoka:

ER: 6

Anoka: 5

2/15 @ ER

Anoka: 4

ER: 5
hckyfan62

Big Thurst

Post by hckyfan62 »

BT:

What do you mean by "this season vote for eason" classic?
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

"this season vote for eason" is just a personal joke with me and realdeal.

hckyfan62: I only find two minor faults in your predictions... (1) Elk River will win both games, (2) this being the bigger fault.. I don't see either of the games being that high scoring.

Seibert and Eason in the nets means alotta 4-2, 3-1, 2-0 games. Decided on a PP, padded with an empty netter.

Big_Thurst