NWSC Goalies

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Which goalie will have the highest save %?

Siebert
54%
Hanna
17%
Schwartz
17%
Langseth
13%

Total votes: 24

big_thurst

NWSC Goalies

Post by big_thurst »

1. Siebert - Elk River
2. Langseth - Park Center
3. Hanna - Centennial
4. Schwartz - Blaine
5. Eason - Anoka
6. Gaetz (sp?) - Maple Grove
7. Kellogg - Andover

8. ?
9. ?
10. ?

I don't know Osseo, Coon Rapids, or Champlin Park's goaltenders.
Stars67

Post by Stars67 »

MAybe you should think about re doing this poll considering Schwartz isnt playing for blaine and maybe include every goalie because its not abou the team langseth is way over rated and gaetz and eason are both underated in that they have the ability to take any game into their hands
Hockey=Life

Post by Hockey=Life »

Schwartz is going to Blaine High School right now. You should know the info before you say some one is wrong.
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

:lol: Ha Stars, thanks for the laugh! :lol:

First to tell me Schwartz ISN'T going to Blaine, but then to say something like Langseth is OVER RATED!! haha. :lol: What is this amateur night? :lol:

Anybody who knows or is around high school hockey knows Langesth is a great goaltender that is doing his best in a weak program.

And you say Gaetz and Eason are underrated because they have the ability to take any game into their own hands? Doesnt EVERY goalie have that ability? You run into a hot goaltender, if he's standing on his head doesn't matter if you put 50 shots on net.

See the difference between Siebert, Hanna, Langseth and Gaetz, Eason is that Siebert, Hanna, Langseth DO take every game into their own hands and CONTROL the game. Gaetz, Eason just theoretically have the 'ability', that they COULD, it just that they dont.
Stateofhcky76

NWSC Goalies

Post by Stateofhcky76 »

Big_Thurst:

FYI, based upon the 05/06 performances of last years HS hockey season, the following ranking is according to save % data retrieved via the Mpls Star and Tribune.

1. Hanna
2. Siebert
3. Kellogg
3. Langseth
3. Schwartz (did not play in the NWSC in 05/06)
6. Gaetz
7. Eason

Otherwise, find further information below based upon overall factual performance data on the NWSC goalies in which you ranked.

1. Siebert - Elk River – 05/06 HS - .910, Avg SOG = 19, Min played 1381, Other HS Elite participation = 2005 Elite League 2, 2006 Toronto Prospects GAA = 2.25 (Siebert and Mogren), Gopher State participant 06, Upper Midwest Elite League 2006 participant.

2. Langseth - Park Center – 05/06 HS - .890, Avg SOG 36, Min played 721, Other HS Elite participation = 2005 Elite League 2 participant. 2006 Elite League 2 participant (?).

3. Hanna - Centennial – 05/06 HS - .920, Avg SOG = 22, Min played 711, Other HS Elite participation – Upper Midwest Elite League 2006 participant.

4. Schwartz – St. Francis/Blaine – 05/06 HS - .890, Avg SOG = 30, Min played 1280, Other HS Elite participation = ?

5. Eason - Anoka – 05/06 HS - .870, Avg SOG = 30, Min played 723. Other Elite HS participation = ?.

6. Gaetz (sp?) - Maple Grove – 05/06 HS - .880, Avg SOG = 26, Min played 863, Other HS Elite participation = 2005 Elite League 2 participant. 2006 Elite League 2 participant (?).

7. Kellogg – Andover – 05/06 HS .890, Avg SOG = 36, Min played 934, Other HS Elite participation = Model Camp 05 = .931 / GAA 0.80, 2005 Elite League 2 participant, Model Camp 06 = .917 / GAA = 1.00, Upper Midwest Elite League / Shattuck Exposure Camp - .935 / GAA 2.00, Gopher State participant 06. Upper Midwest Elite League 2006 (Alternate), 2006 Elite League 2 participant.

In closing, TS should have the highest save % in the NWSC, if he plays the game consistently, with the 2006 NWSC champion team in front of him (along with arguably the best tandem defense in the State). If not, Blaine will take the NWSC particularly with Schwartz backstopping a very talented Blaine team.

Factual,
Stateofhcky76
(aka mnhockey39)
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

SOH76: Thanks for all the stats and information! Thats the kinda stuff I like to see. Between save %, GAA, and minutes. Thanks guy.

I based my ranking on pure predictions. But I figure Schwartz's #'s may be a bit misleading during the season, because indications are he has to sit half a season. Between Siebert, Hanna, and Langseth any 3 could post the highest save % in my opinion.
RealDeal

Post by RealDeal »

eason had an 89.7 save% with a 2.88 gaa the star trib had him playing in the duluth east game a 6 goal game that he never played in with that taken out it brings his % to 89.7 he easily out performed kellogg in the andover game and langseth as well in the section game langseth let in a goal in the first 5 mins from the blue line by an anoka 4th liner sounds all state to me but then again kelloggs an all state goalie hes soo good he had to leave totino cause he wasnt getting to play enough
RealDeal

Post by RealDeal »

keep up the good work mr kellogg i think it might be working for nick
Stateofhcky76

SF - Schwartz

Post by Stateofhcky76 »

B_T:

Why would Schwartz have to sit 1/2 of the season? I know that he was accepted and playing with BSM this summer, therefore I thought that he was attending BSM. If he is at Blaine, is this not his one transfer? If so, why would he have to sit out?

Stateofhcky76
(aka mnhockey39)
Stateofhcky76

Eason

Post by Stateofhcky76 »

RD:

Below is a summary from the MST.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 @ Andover

Anoka 4, Andover 2

School 1st 2nd 3rd Final

Anoka
0 0 4 4
Andover
1 0 1 2

Kellogg, Nick
51 3 30

Eason, Brendon
51 2 19

Kellogg had a shutout going into the 3rd period with Andover winning 1-0 and SOG Andover 14 and Anoka 22. Scott Edgren rushes down ice for Anoka to chase down a pass. Kellogg comes out of the crease to cover and or poke check the puck in a half kneeled position. Edgren lowers his head and flattens Kellogg to the ice with a head shot. Five minutes elapse while Kellogg collects his head! Anoka presses through 3 PP and scores 2 goals, 1 goal even up, and finishes with an empty netter. Anoka rejoices and Kellogg goes to the hospital with dizziness and is told he has a concussion. Yea Eason, you outplayed Kellogg (Save %’s for game, Kellogg - .909 and Eason - .904) as well, you saw 12 less shots on goal that game. That is the FACTS!

BTW, I apologize for collecting data and posting it from the Mpls. Star & Tribune. A simple comment like “hey SOH76 something wrong with the info”, could have sufficed (much like a class act, Mike Morgan from Rosemount did during my Selects postings). I was simply attempting to share the facts, not disrespect anyone. In a review from the MST, I will edit (if possible) my posting to read the following.

Eason - Anoka – 05/06 HS - .876, Avg SOG = 29, Min played 672. Other Elite HS participation = ?.

Upon further review, the total goals identified by the MST were 48 GA however, if you add the GA per game, it is 54 GA for the year therefore, let me know if you find any more errors as my intentions are to produce the facts not distort them.

Stateofhcky76
(aka mnhockey39)
RealDeal

Post by RealDeal »

yeah those shots were very misleading also, the andover box was quite reluctant to post up more than one shot everytime that andover entered teh zone instead of posting the number of saves made. Many of anokas shots came from the perimeter as andovers came from the slot but the bottom line is EASON made the Big Saves on Andovers best player in the key situations he had 5 or 6 amazing saves during a 5 on 3 man disadvantage robbing both Jake mellem and Dustin Skinner who later made the comment of EASON having the quickest glove in the confrence but we will let this years play do the talking because to tell the truth thats all that matters so good luck FRANK and NICK and will love to hear the excuses this year after Anoka embarrases the Huskies teh first game this year was becasue someone threatend him before the game, "Eason" was talkin a little trash. He let it in his head and flopped and now the second game it was a concussion hmm excusses are like PLEASE BAN ME everyones got one and they all stink! GOOO HUSKIESS
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

Is realdeal eason?
sammy8033

Just another reason...

Post by sammy8033 »

...the NWSC is the best conference in the state. There are plenty of top goaltenders. This season should provide plenty of memorable games to talk about. Should be FUN.
HCKY1127

Post by HCKY1127 »

Which Elite II team is Kellogg on?? I didnt know you could be an alternate on Elite league and also play Elite II???
Stateofhcky76

Schwartz

Post by Stateofhcky76 »

B_T:

Again I will ask, why do you believe that Schwartz will have to sit out for 1/2 of the year?

Respectfully,
Stateofhcky76
(aka mnhockey39)
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

SOH76:
Sorry I didn't answer your question in the last post. But to my understanding he used to play for St. Francis and I believe that Hennepin district has a January deadline for transfers. To my understanding, he may have missed that deadline. Does anyone know for sure?
Stateofhcky76

Schwartz:

Post by Stateofhcky76 »

B_T:

Thanks.

Regards,
Stateofhcky76
(aka mnhockey39)
netster2

Post by netster2 »

I am also wondering which Elite II team Kellogg is on. I am pretty sure you can NOT be an alternate for Elite I AND a 'participant' on Elite II.

Tryouts for Elite II are over and I haven't seen him on a roster.

SOH76 - can you answer this?
LWAH

Kellog

Post by LWAH »

He tried out for 5A/5AA but Mike Webb (AHA) and Mike Morgan (Rosemount) were selected.

Can a player tryout for more then one elite section team. If so he my be playing with another section.

I know Donohue and Yugosaklar( Spelling?) are the goalies for 1A/1AA but I don't know who is on the other Rosters.
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

He's not on the West Metro, Section 8, Section 6 or Section 4 rosters.
boblee

Post by boblee »

is schwartz at blaine for sure? and he is the kid from St. Francis, correct?
hckyfan62

Kellogg

Post by hckyfan62 »

LWAH:

To my understanding, Kellogg did not have to try out for EL 2. He is playing on the 5A/AA team.
LWAH

Post by LWAH »

hckyfan62
You must have gotton bad info. Webb and Morgan were in net against the teams from North Dakota this past weekend in Eagan.
my2cents

schwartz

Post by my2cents »

Schwartz from St Francis is enrolled at Blaine and is working out with the team, as well as the transfer from Utah. I expect that both will have to miss the first half of the season, but there's mixed info about that going around.
boblee

Post by boblee »

too bad for st. francis...they will be absolutely brutal now.