Newspaper coverage stinks

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hockey Coverage?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:06 am

More Hockey Coverage
83%
Less Hockey Coverage
17%
Good Enough
No votes

Total votes: 18

Hockeyland

Newspaper coverage stinks

Post by Hockeyland »

I wonder how in "The State of Hockey" I can open the Star Tribune on most mornings and see 4 or 5 pages about out of state football, Basketball, Tennis, etc. and so little coverage of Minnesota Hockey.
In my opinion Minnesota sports and Hockey should take center stage in our newspaper.
Dank Dangler 16

DIDO

Post by Dank Dangler 16 »

I completely agree with you hockeyland. I think that the amount of coverage high school hockey is given is crap. sports like tennis, cross-country, softball, volleyball, and swimming, are given more coverage than hockey in THE STATE OF HOCKEY... I think something needs to change because the more hockey i can read and hear about the better...
Dank Dangler 16

redo poll

Post by Dank Dangler 16 »

oh and by the way, why is your post about how we need more coverage on high school hockey but then the poll gives two choices of less coverage and good enough? wheres the more coverage?
boblee

Post by boblee »

the star trib has to do a better job this year.
MNRinkRat

Coverage

Post by MNRinkRat »

The high school hockey coverage has went down in the past 10 years or so. I remember when I was in high school I would buy the papers that had the preseason previews, and I would also buy the papers every Thursday when the rankings came out. I would then look at the rankings and make my own. I think that the internet has had something to do with the current lack of info for certain sports.

This may be the state of hockey but the general population does not care much for hockey. My fiancees Mom, Dad, and two brothers have never even been to a hockey game. It's a shame but it's harsh reality.
mnhshockey00

Post by mnhshockey00 »

It does kind of seem like there is not enough coverage on High school hockey. I dont get why there is pretty much the same amount of coverage for soccer, football, and basketball when there is so much more of an interest in hockey
northern69

Post by northern69 »

i agree with pretty much everything that has been said, but one thing i want to point out is that i believe the reason why so many people dont know about hockey is due to the lack of coverage. maybe if hockey was wrote about more in papers, people would read it and think...oh wow this is good stuff i want to watch some games....you know so its like the more we begin to publish the more interest we gain. also i think if were going to publish more hockey articles, they need top be spread out, not just about the top city teams, let people know about what goes on ALL AROUND MINNESOTA. enough said by me.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Thank you northern 69. There is more to the state of hockey than Minneapolis-St. Paul to St. Cloud.
irishman

Post by irishman »

The poll lacks a more coverage option
What Can Brown Do For You?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Hockeyland, I edited your poll options. As others have pointed out, there were only two options for people to vote on, so I rectified the oversight.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

i dont think theres such a thing as having not enough coverage.