Most Memorable Goal

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

east hockey
Site Admin

For da Hounds

Post by east hockey » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Three which immediately come to mind from the perspective of an East fan:

1. Spehar's penalty shot vs. Moorhead in the '95 title game. Without question, this one was tops.

2. Gabe Taggart and Kevin Oswald teaming up on a two-on-one to give East the overtime win over Jefferson in the '98 semis.

3. Rusty Fitzgerald's overtime winner against Cloquet in the '91 Section 7 title game, sending East to the state tournament for the first time in sixteen years. Ugh, what a drought that was.

Many more stand out, but those are my top three.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

BigWorm

Post by BigWorm » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Tyler Johnson's game winning goal against Elk River in the 2007 section 7aa semi finals. It was his first game back from a collarbone injury and one of his first shifts of the game. He comes down on a breakaway shelves it on siebert the DECC goes crazy.

the_truth

Post by the_truth » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:40 pm

legendary defensemen # 27 Dano Jacques OT goal against STA in the 2007 semi finals was sensational to complete the hat trick and get revenge on those tools from the cities

BigWorm

Post by BigWorm » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:57 pm

That Jacques goal was sick, it was a cannon of a shot. I also liked the Sam Rendle goal in O.T. against Burnsville in the semi's. it was an amazing pass from White, and Rendle's celebration was priceless.

TheFan1230

Most Memorable Goal

Post by TheFan1230 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:04 am

When the east J.V. team won the stanely cup against the cloquet lumberjacks in sudden death overtime before the FSN game last year. Cloquet was gassed cause they had seven players, still they celebrated like it was game 7 of the stanley cup finals

theref

Re: For da Hounds

Post by theref » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:15 pm

east hockey wrote:Three which immediately come to mind from the perspective of an East fan:

1. Spehar's penalty shot vs. Moorhead in the '95 title game. Without question, this one was tops.

2. Gabe Taggart and Kevin Oswald teaming up on a two-on-one to give East the overtime win over Jefferson in the '98 semis.

3. Rusty Fitzgerald's overtime winner against Cloquet in the '91 Section 7 title game, sending East to the state tournament for the first time in sixteen years. Ugh, what a drought that was.

Many more stand out, but those are my top three.

Lee
Hey Lee, how bout the one that East scored against Apple Valley in OT that niether ref saw. That was a pretty memorable one for me.

big_thurst

Post by big_thurst » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:46 pm

Maybe not a specific goal, but Dan Kronick's 5 goals in the state tourney semi's in... 2002 I believe.
Creator of the Original Applause Button,

Big_Thurst

pioneers

Post by pioneers » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:29 pm

The final goal in this video. H-M wins 83 title

http://www.hmpioneers.net/hockey/video/ ... _Final.mov

pioneers

Post by pioneers » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:40 pm

boblee wrote:how about teh ONLY goal in the H-M-WBL game... (1st FSN telecast)

boblee thought I would add the video highlights from that game

http://www.hmpioneers.net/hockey/video/ ... L_Game.mov

AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:46 pm

power92 wrote:How about Spehars goal in OT vs. AV. Oh, wiat...that was B4 replay. :(
It was Dylan Mills, not Spehar. Maybe BIAFP can testify as to the validity of that "goal".

Have to agree with the assessment of East Hockey with Spehar's penalty shot goal as the #1. Championship game, the most prolific scorer in HS history to that point, and a showdown with just he and the goalie - what a mismatch. There was no doubt he was going to score. I believe he was quoted as asking Randolph, "What should I do?" and Randolph responded, "Are you kidding me, you know what to do, score!" or something to that effect. At any rate, a classis HS Hockey moment.

AY 8)

snipe0014

Post by snipe0014 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:17 pm

In 2007, David Eddy's game winning goal in overtime, against Cretin-Durham Hall in the Section Finals. It was his 3rd goal of the game, and it moved the Woodbury Royals to the State Tournament for the first time ever.

DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:52 pm

murraychadwick wrote:I can't remember exactly, but the Hastings comeback over Blaine at the Target Center. The Welch and Taffe squad over Bochenski etc as juniors. I believe it was the semi finals. Help with details please!

Crazy game. I think it set some kind of record for the 2 teams combining for 3 goals in something like 30 seconds. After Hastings tied it up with their goalie pulled with under a minute left, Welch got a loose puck at the blue line and skated in on a breakaway (with one glove on) and put it over the goalies glove with 0.2 seconds left to win.

sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:00 pm

BigWorm wrote:That Jacques goal was sick, it was a cannon of a shot. I also liked the Sam Rendle goal in O.T. against Burnsville in the semi's. it was an amazing pass from White, and Rendle's celebration was priceless.
How did he celebrate?

How about the 2006 HM vs. WB when in the third period I believe, Hoeffel takes a hard wrister, it bounces off of Faust (goalie), and as it flutters into the net, Faust falls backwards in slow motion. They replayed that on FSN the following year about 100 times.

SEMinnHockeyNut

Post by SEMinnHockeyNut » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:23 pm

The final goal in this video. H-M wins 83 title

http://www.hmpioneers.net/hockey/video/ ... _Final.mov

I think the Burnsville fans would pick Scott Bloom's winner in the 85 title game.

One of the most memorable and disappointing winners was the Jefferson winner against JM in OT 1989. Chris Tucker on the dump in against Sam Pearson - who was a great goalie. That JM team had Zmolek and Means.

pioneers

Post by pioneers » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:13 am

I'm sure they would

pioneers

Post by pioneers » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:14 am

sicknasty7722 wrote:
BigWorm wrote:That Jacques goal was sick, it was a cannon of a shot. I also liked the Sam Rendle goal in O.T. against Burnsville in the semi's. it was an amazing pass from White, and Rendle's celebration was priceless.
How did he celebrate?

How about the 2006 HM vs. WB when in the third period I believe, Hoeffel takes a hard wrister, it bounces off of Faust (goalie), and as it flutters into the net, Faust falls backwards in slow motion. They replayed that on FSN the following year about 100 times.
See my earlier post for the video :lol:

pacman

Post by pacman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:38 pm

I believe DeCenzo from Hibbing pulled off the Datsyuk against Lakeville North in the Holliday Tourny in Hibbing last year.

TTpuckster

My most memorable

Post by TTpuckster » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:57 pm

You guys are including section games.

In that case, the one I played in 1971.

East Grand Forks' Tim Hussey scores against the vaunted Pete Lopresti of Eveleth with 6 seconds left in the game for EGF to go to the State Tournament!!!!!!!!

Getting to the State Tournamet!!!!!
What a FEELING!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D and then some.

Lopresti rated as the best goal tender of his time.

I can't top that, because it was my own experience. I got the assist!!

Still gives me goose bumps.

Neutron 14

Re: My most memorable

Post by Neutron 14 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:41 pm

TTpuckster wrote:In that case, the one I played in 1971.
I had no idea you were an AARP member. How are the discounts?

TTpuckster

Re: My most memorable

Post by TTpuckster » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:22 am

Neutron 14 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:In that case, the one I played in 1971.
I had no idea you were an AARP member. How are the discounts?
Yep, I actually played against the great slap happy shooter from the Blue Wave.

By the way, we klobbered them.

AARP is good.
I play in the AARP senior olympic tournament every year.
Great Time.
When you get old enough, you oughta try it Neuty.

BIAFP

Post by BIAFP » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:29 pm

AngusYoung wrote:
power92 wrote:How about Spehars goal in OT vs. AV. Oh, wiat...that was B4 replay. :(
It was Dylan Mills, not Spehar. Maybe BIAFP can testify as to the validity of that "goal".

Have to agree with the assessment of East Hockey with Spehar's penalty shot goal as the #1. Championship game, the most prolific scorer in HS history to that point, and a showdown with just he and the goalie - what a mismatch. There was no doubt he was going to score. I believe he was quoted as asking Randolph, "What should I do?" and Randolph responded, "Are you kidding me, you know what to do, score!" or something to that effect. At any rate, a classis HS Hockey moment.

AY 8)
I just happen to have a copy of the official scoresheet from the DE/AV game and there are no DE goals listed in any of the overtimes? :roll:

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:48 pm

BIAFP wrote:
AngusYoung wrote:

At any rate, a classis HS Hockey moment.

AY 8)

I just happen to have a copy of the official scoresheet from the DE/AV game and there are no DE goals listed in any of the overtimes? :roll:
That's the way I saw it.

AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:50 pm

BIAFP wrote:
AngusYoung wrote:

AY 8)
Check your game tape. Even a cyclops can see Mills "goal" in that OT session. I've seen better eyes on a potato than on the refs in that game!

AY 8)

CAP

Post by CAP » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:00 pm

Does anyone besides Captain America remember the then-future Gopher who scored that Championship winning goal against AY (year, too)?

futureeagle

Post by futureeagle » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:35 am

When Rochester Century beat hill murray at state last year with joe faupels 4th goal of the night coming in overtime, god grimstead and kneopke set him up nice that whole game