Rochester lourdes VS STA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Whos going to win

Poll ended at Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:24 pm

Lourdes
42%
STA
58%

Total votes: 24

hckyplayer123

Rochester lourdes VS STA

Post by hckyplayer123 »

Who is gonna go to state
southernmnscout

STA

Post by southernmnscout »

So what makes you think that they will be able to beat STA this year? Give your thoughts for us instead of just saying Lourdes will win. I am sure not alot of people will agree with you on here so tell us why?
hckyplayer123

STA-Lourdes

Post by hckyplayer123 »

it
Last edited by hckyplayer123 on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Who did STA lose? Baer who only played half the season last year, Joyce who was a good leader but not a big point scorer, and Shroeder. They still have the top class A goalie in state, Anders, Vanelli, etc. etc. Lourdes has never done well against STA in the last couple years. They will get crushed.
boblee

Post by boblee »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Who did STA lose? Baer who only played half the season last year, Joyce who was a good leader but not a big point scorer, and Shroeder. They still have the top class A goalie in state, Anders, Vanelli, etc. etc. Lourdes has never done well against STA in the last couple years. They will get crushed.
Schroeder...HUGE part of last year's success
HShockeywatcher

Jared Hummel was a HUGE part of AHA's success two years ago and they did all right last year...

The response to that may be that AHA had many other good players so they were fine and many younger players that helped them last year. So does STA.

Also in the last 2-3 years that Lourdes has played STA I think 3-4 times they have yet to come up with a win. You can put that all on Shroeders shoulders. As far as I know only one of the wins was by one. One of them was 5-1. That doesn't come from one player. STA will be fine. And it looks to be a home game...
Last edited by HShockeywatcher on Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Ok. I guess we'll just have to see. I think STA will be solid. I'm just saying he is a big loss.
HShockeywatcher

Okay, he is definately a big loss. But I guess we'll see how big of one three weeks from now.
cmf

Post by cmf »

I agree with hockeywatcher. I heard that they are bringing a great class that is led by Sainty and Walters of Rosemount. Stepan of Hastings I also heard was going to STA. Last but not least I heard they were getting a very good defenseman fron the Edina program. Any proof on that rumor?
HShockey2180

Post by HShockey2180 »

STA takes it easily, I doubt Lourdes will make it out of this section, anytime soon at least; and as long as STA is in their section, it will be near impossible to beat STA in the recruiting game. Kids may transfer into STA from all over the metro, but few will move to Rochester just to go to Lourdes. Say for example the teams are matched evenly, I think STA has got the goaltending to win, if that ever is the deciding factor. Just my opinion and observations.
leftWinger15

Post by leftWinger15 »

stepan is playing for shattuck
leftWinger15

Post by leftWinger15 »

and what makes you so sure it will be lourdes and sta for it all?
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

leftWinger15 wrote:and what makes you so sure it will be lourdes and sta for it all?
Because everyone else in the section is horrendous.
leftWinger15

Post by leftWinger15 »

horrendus you say...i guess we'll wait and see
Cristo

Post by Cristo »

Derek Stepan is in Shattuck, but his cousin however, Ryan Stepan, is enrolled at STA this year.
HShockeywatcher

When's the game?
mnhshockey00

Post by mnhshockey00 »

I wonder why there has been 9 people now who have voted for lourdes but yet no argument from them? Probally because they play for lourdes...
leftWinger15

Post by leftWinger15 »

lourdes first line with amundson, bahnemann, and johnson i think it is will be better then STA's first line however i think STA will have more depth...im not sure on the goalie situation but crandalls obviously solid and STA will have better defense but im stickin with lourdes power line to take it all
HShockeywatcher

Just like how last night in OT DM was playing two lines and STA was playing 4. With the loss of Schroeder, Baer, Joyce, Herzog, and McManus they will have to be more of an all around team and not as much of a huge 1st line team.