Cloquet @ Duluth East Dec. 14th

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Cloquet
62%
East
38%

Total votes: 69

casualfan

Post by casualfan »

Does everyone truly believe the hex of East on Cloquet can be overcome this year in 7AA?
MajinHockey

Post by MajinHockey »

What hex? CEC beat East in the section semi's last year.
casualfan

Post by casualfan »

I guess I should rephrase-will Cloquest overcome hex in section finals?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

MajinHockey wrote:What hex? CEC beat East in the section semi's last year.
That's what I'm wondering, also. Neither team has a hex on the other in recent years.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Hova

Post by Hova »

Since I wont be able to watch the game, if somebody would update this topic with stats and the score every once in a while it would be greatly appreciated. :D
boblee

Post by boblee »

Hova wrote:Since I wont be able to watch the game, if somebody would update this topic with stats and the score every once in a while it would be greatly appreciated. :D
just go to KDAL.am and listen to the game.
bobthespud

Undefeated

Post by bobthespud »

mj79 wrote:There was a thread about if Moorhead beat went undefeated with there schedule this week they should be number one.. Well I think the same goes for East and CEC as well
Hmm...If both Moorhead and CEC go undefeated, youve gotta give the nod to Moorhead, simply because a win against roseau is a little bigger at this point, unless CEC scores some style points.

However, any team that goes undefeated after these weekly schedules has to be given credit, and all of them that are left should be put there in the mix with AHA until they get knocked off.
Lumberjack

Post by Lumberjack »

Jacks just went up 1-0. Jokinen from Karlsson & Johnson @ 15:08

First period ended 1-0.
Lumberjack

Post by Lumberjack »

Jacks up 2-0!!! Karlsson from Johnson @ 3:29 just as the Lumberjack power play expired.

2nd period ends with the Jacks up 2-0.
MNhockeyhog

Post by MNhockeyhog »

Huge fight just broke out.. Rumor has it tyler johnson was in the middle of it all.. Like 5 majors for fighting were tossed out by the refs.
Lumberjack

Post by Lumberjack »

Sounds like there was a bit of a scrap towards the end of the game which resulted in a couple of fighting majors for each side. Its a final. The Jacks take this one by a score of 2-1. Those KDAL announcers are BRUTAL by the way.
Premiere10

Post by Premiere10 »

Cloquet wins it 2-1, great game, cloquet showed that they can play with anybody and are a team to be reckoned with. East also looked pretty good, this section is tough!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Premiere10 wrote:Cloquet wins it 2-1, great game, cloquet showed that they can play with anybody and are a team to be reckoned with. East also looked pretty good, this section is tough!
I'd agree with that. East had some serious problems in their own zone early on and I was a little concerned that the outcome would be more lopsided, after watching the first period. Ben held them in it.

East came back, battled and made a game of it. Had the chance to tie it up with a power play after what would be called a "minor brawl" with four players ejected in the final minute, but they seemed to forget how much time was left on the puck. Held it too much when I thought they should have thrown it at Reid and crashed the bejabbers out of the net.

Props to Cloquet and I'm looking forward to the rematch in Sappi City :P

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
dulutheastfan

Post by dulutheastfan »

Ya although CEC beat EAST i think that East is still is really good this year tonight east got sloppy and could not get anything started puzzled by how the CEC fans were not really getting into it when they scored and won EASt is a powerhouse no matter what the score is looking foward to CEC later in the season
ilblade06

Post by ilblade06 »

east hockey wrote:
Premiere10 wrote:Cloquet wins it 2-1, great game, cloquet showed that they can play with anybody and are a team to be reckoned with. East also looked pretty good, this section is tough!
I'd agree with that. East had some serious problems in their own zone early on and I was a little concerned that the outcome would be more lopsided, after watching the first period. Ben held them in it.

East came back, battled and made a game of it. Had the chance to tie it up with a power play after what would be called a "minor brawl" with four players ejected in the final minute, but they seemed to forget how much time was left on the puck. Held it too much when I thought they should have thrown it at Reid and crashed the bejabbers out of the net.

Props to Cloquet and I'm looking forward to the rematch in Sappi City :P

Lee
ben played a good game, lets get that one straight too, , we all know it, just rebounds and missed passes killed them. worthy of game of the year between these too, the atmosphere was unreal. and the brawl was really a minor one, the coaches did a good job of keeping their players back.

i think at the end the emotion was so high and the noise along with it that they wanted to try to slow it down but couldnt. i mean, i dont even think nate realized that there was 10 seconds left by the way he moved it at the end. not to discredit nate either because he played a solid game.