State Seeding

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Should the State Tourny be seeded?

yes
51%
no
49%

Total votes: 51

THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

I didnt realize it was so tough to get into, the least you guys could have done was created an NIT tournament! GEEZ! I might have had a chance at that!

:roll:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Gunslingers NIT tournament = Image

Otherwise known as Class A. Image
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

WOW, from the frying pan to the fire! You just opened yourself up on that one!

I would have to say I would agree with you....

CLASS A TOURNAMENT.... now officially known as the NIT (Neutron,14)
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Wouldn't it be great if the NIT champion played the NCAA champion to see who the REAL champion was?
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

Maybe during March Madness we could have the NCAA divide in such a way the the BIG Universities would play the smaller more private colleges too! That we we are FAIR to all the schools!

Only then could we see who the REAL champion would be!

THen maybe they could put that team on the cover of a wheaties box too!

God Im so smart! :lol:
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

When I become commissioner

AA and A will be reduced to 6 sections. After all section tournaments are completed a composite score from a fan poll, media poll, and coaches poll will bring 2 A and 2 AA teams back to life and they will be given a ticket to the state tournament.

The State tournament will consist of round robin play in four groups. Each group has 2 A and 2 AA teams. The winners of each group will be seeded by the commissioner (me).

State Semi finals
1 vs 4 (three game series)
2 vs 3 (three game series)

State Championship will be best of seven.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

No, don't seed but if you do, coaches shouldn't have any part of seeding; it's inheritly biased.

In any given section there are 2-3 teams that could win it, at the State Tournament the # is probaly 6 or 7. In sections, it's already a screw your buddy menatality, I've seen the votes for many years. At state you figure you're a 2 or 3 seed, to keep it that way you give the team you deem the 4th them an 8 so you don't end up 4. If the coaches do seed, publish them so the public can see what happened.

If they're going to seed either use a program like PS2, or do it with the MSHSL board, or newspaper/media guys who actually cover high school hockey. Using coaches, as soccer already proved, is the worse case scenario.