TARTAN V.S. HILL

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WHO WILL WINN

Poll ended at Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:06 pm

TARTAN
29%
HILL
71%

Total votes: 48

PuckNasty07

?

Post by PuckNasty07 »

number 2 goalie? Phillipe is over rated
supremeone90

Post by supremeone90 »

for one tartans second goal wasnt ridiculios at all, Jake glass took a shot from the point and sniped the top corner. also you are right the titans did rattle furne a bit but i will give him credit for hitting hard and playing a , well i guess you could call it physical game (if you call hacking and retaliating after everytime you get hit physical) but Furne did have a nice hit on doran in the 1st. but i think we all know that furne developed that type of hitting skill when he was with the Titans.
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

black and blue Tartan

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

Who do you think is the best, smartest player currently on Tartan's squad?

OR IN OTHER WORDS:

Which Titan will be switching jerseys to GREEN/GOLD/BLACK next year?

The above poll is consistent with the old adage that one-third of the people will always be WRONG.
Sparlimb

Re: ?

Post by Sparlimb »

PuckNasty07 wrote:number 2 goalie? Phillipe is over rated

I was at the game.

Hill completely out-classed Tartan. No doubt about it. They were by far the better team.

That said, Tartan could have won the game. Wood played a very strong game in nets and McEnaney did not look strong at all. Tartan's first goal was a breakway pass that was on the money and the goalie didn't even move as the shot sailed by him. The second goal was a shot off the cross bar that hit him in the back and rolled in. Tartan did get much better after the first period, but I bet quality scoring chances in the game were something like 18-5. Hill had a lot of odd man rushes which led to a few goals and lots of good chances.

I went to see how good Tartan was. I don't think they have a prayer of getting out of section 2AA. I think Woodbury, Cretin and Hastings will all be seeded above them. So they'll lose to Cretin in the semi-finals of the section...
nova1987

Post by nova1987 »

i got to catch the hill vs tartan game today too. it was a bit of a struggle for the titans after getting down 2-0 to the pioneers. tartan then came back with a very weak goal and then pioneers came back to take the lead 3 2. i think that cary wood didnt look as good as he hypes himself up to be. In the third the pioneers jumped the gun with a very nice 2 on 1 of kohls and cecka. That second line up of the pioneers seemed to work very well, they should keep up the good job. The first two lines of each team seemed to equal eachother out but the pioneers line of furne larson zepeda seemed to dominate them a little bit more.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Not sure which goals were weak for H-M, but if Wood didn't make some of the saves he made, then the game could have easily been 7-2.

The Pioneers didn't play their best game, but at the same time they still showed the signs of what their team can do. They created numerous odd-man rushes, and moved the puck on offense pretty well.
goalieboy1

???

Post by goalieboy1 »

Hills third and fourth goals were weak. Tartans D did a terrible job defending Hill, #4 larson rushes the puck WAY too much, thats how Hill scored 2 of there goals, and also, someone earlier said Tartans second goal was weak? hows that, it was a shot from the point that went in, thats not weak, and they messed the paper up this morning saying Tyler Rick on Tartans JV scored and got an assist, when it should have said Jake Glass got a goal and an assist for the titans
stpaul

HM - Tartan

Post by stpaul »

Is there a grammar and spelling class offered at Tartan ?
supremeone90

Post by supremeone90 »

speaking of classes, word has it Furne is failing 2 but lechner told the teachers to let him pass to play?
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

supremeone90,

Think before you speak. Coach Lechner wouldn't do that in a million years. Has he ever let a player get by in the past? Didn't think so. Take for instance Nick Pryor last year. Nick had to sit out 3 weeks because he was failing a class. Two years ago, a solid forward in Sam Yearsley was forced to sit out because of grades as well. Did Lechner help either of them in those situations? Didn't think so. He has a bit more class than that.

My point: Don't make up crap.
goalieboy1

?

Post by goalieboy1 »

Hillfan, i dont think u know what u r talking about, Furne is failing religion, but lechner talked with his teachers, and because he has never had religion before, they are going to pass him. So maybe you, should think before YOU talk.
Sparlimb

subject closed

Post by Sparlimb »

Tartan was just another win. Nothing special. Nothing worth remembering. On to South St. Paul. Maybe they'll give a better game then Tartan could...
nova1987

Post by nova1987 »

yes both tartan and wood are pretty pathetic. the only reason they kept in the game was because hill wasnt on top of their game. and hills 3rd and 4th goal werent weak. the third goal was a very nice shot by larson that couldnt be handled by wood because he is a terrible goalie. and the 4th goal was a very nice 2 on 1 goalmouth pass from cecka to kohls. i believe that the pioneers could have put the titans to shame if they would have been on top of their game.
Topshelf07

Post by Topshelf07 »

nova1987 wrote:yes both tartan and wood are pretty pathetic. the only reason they kept in the game was because hill wasnt on top of their game. and hills 3rd and 4th goal werent weak. the third goal was a very nice shot by larson that couldnt be handled by wood because he is a terrible goalie. and the 4th goal was a very nice 2 on 1 goalmouth pass from cecka to kohls. i believe that the pioneers could have put the titans to shame if they would have been on top of their game.

First off wood is NOT a horrible goalie. i dont know what you are talking about. Second Hill's second goal wasn't a good one. A little weak slapshot that wood misjudged. I do agree that the fourth goal was good. A two on one with a great pass. If you were at the game or previous Tartan games and you think Wood is a bad goalie theres something worng with you.
Topshelf07

Post by Topshelf07 »

And if im wrong nove. Didn't wood stuff Furne twice?
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Bottom line is that the better team won. Whether it was 4-2 or 14-2, Hill got the win & Tartan got a moral victory (although, not real sure how they assign that in conference play). Tartan will receive their 2nd conference loss this week against STA as this conference is definately a 2-team race.
goalieboy1

????

Post by goalieboy1 »

pioneerprideguy, you are pathetic. you have to rip on everyone elses teams to make yourself feel good, and if you think that Wood is a terrible goalie, you should look at your own goalies, both of them are terrible, and larson and zepeda are terrible, just wait until Tartan plays hill at tartan. i can guarantee you it will be a much different game and alot more emocional and physical. tartan will absolutely dominate Hill with the body because hill cant take checks and they shy away from that. a kid on there team, i think glass?? who used to go to hill, has 60 hits in 6 games, so just wait, next game, i guarantee you Hill will physically be hurting.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Congratulations goalieboy, you've been cracked by users of a message board.

Can't accept other peoples opinions? Or I should be saying, can't take a chill pill after a loss and just let it go?

Can't wait for the next game. After all, it's going to be an "emocional" one.... :roll:
goalieboy1

:)

Post by goalieboy1 »

yea goodone hillfag, and i am just saying, all these people on here think hill is like a bunch of gods and everyone needs to bow down to them.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

all these people on here think hill is like a bunch of gods
Who said so? Who said anything about H-M being a team of 20 Division 1/NHL prospects, who are a lock to win the 2006-2007 State Tournament? No one. Like pioneerprideguy said, the people are mainly saying that the
Bottom line is that the better team won

If you can't live with it, then why don't you just not respond to it and work on that grammer homework of yours...
Topshelf07

Post by Topshelf07 »

Hill did play better and they did win the game. I think what goalieboy is trying to get at is all you Hill people care about is yourselves. You put everyother team down. You can't ever give any team credit. Yes, i agree a win is a win but Tartan played a decent game. You can give another team credit for once.
supremeone90

Post by supremeone90 »

Hillfan wrote:supremeone90,

Think before you speak. Coach Lechner wouldn't do that in a million years. Has he ever let a player get by in the past? Didn't think so. Take for instance Nick Pryor last year. Nick had to sit out 3 weeks because he was failing a class. Two years ago, a solid forward in Sam Yearsley was forced to sit out because of grades as well. Did Lechner help either of them in those situations? Didn't think so. He has a bit more class than that.

My point: Don't make up crap.
alright did i make it up? no i said i heard....everyone knows how stuff like that gets around. i was just making sure it wasnt true.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

My bad. I was very unaware of the situation if that's what happened.
Sparlimb

Re: ????

Post by Sparlimb »

goalieboy1 wrote:pioneerprideguy, you are pathetic. you have to rip on everyone elses teams to make yourself feel good, and if you think that Wood is a terrible goalie, you should look at your own goalies, both of them are terrible, and larson and zepeda are terrible, just wait until Tartan plays hill at tartan. i can guarantee you it will be a much different game and alot more emocional and physical. tartan will absolutely dominate Hill with the body because hill cant take checks and they shy away from that. a kid on there team, i think glass?? who used to go to hill, has 60 hits in 6 games, so just wait, next game, i guarantee you Hill will physically be hurting.

Does Hill play Tartan again? I hadn't noticed.
goalieboy1

no

Post by goalieboy1 »

no they dont