Duluth East VS Moorhead Dec. 16th

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins ?

Spuds
76%
Hounds
24%

Total votes: 42

Premiere10

Post by Premiere10 »

There is a big difference between being a good, CONFIDENT, hockey player and a good, COCKY, hockey player...It sounds to me like Jordan Christian has crossed that line...
slapshooter

5,909 posted realities by SS....Game Winner

Post by slapshooter »

Jordy pumped in the "Game Winner" b :^o ys!

What better leadership is there? ](*,) <~~ [-X

=D> =D> ~~> SImageS <~~ =D> =D>
MNhockeyfanatic

DE vs. Moorhead

Post by MNhockeyfanatic »

I was at the game and I'm not sure that's exactly what happened. It looked to me like there was just some confusion on the ice, but maybe from the student section you were able to hear what was being said, I don't know. But if that is what happened, in Jordy's defense, I have been in the same position before. A little bit of time left, we're up by one and I'm the center. The coach wanted to switch lines, I knew I was much more capable of the task than the person the coach was putting in, and if I would have had the balls to say "no I'm staying out here" I would have. Turns out the other team scores in those few seconds and we ended up losing the game.

For anyone who wasn't at the game, the score is much closer than the game actually was. Moorhead had so many more scoring chances but leis kept denying one after the other, if it wasn't for the great DE goaltending Moorhead probably would have had 5 or 6 goals. Although Duncan played well (obviously), East only had 1, maybe 2 good scoring opps. Also, whoever said Moorhead didn't play good tonight is wrong, they played outstanding, it's just that East's goalie played the same way. But I will agree with you, Moorhead's game against GR was the worst of the year, they played terrible in that one.
sterfry9

Post by sterfry9 »

class act jordy class act
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

MOORHEAD SPUDS wrote:After tonights game I have lost all respect for Jordy Christian. For those of you that didn't see, I being in the student section had a great view, with 54 seconds left in the third peiord Coach Morinville pulled Christian-Theilen-Ambrosie off the ice because of a lack luster performance when East pulled their goalie. As the rest of his linemates left the ice and the Deitz-Ambrosi-Nitzy line entered the ice Jordy proceeded to yell at the Coach telling him that he was staying on the ice...when he was still instructed to get off the ice and the puck neeeded to be dropped Jordy proceeded to kick one of his own players off the ice so he could stay on. Now I ask this...If you are the leader on your team and your coach feels that your line needs to get off do you listen to your coach and let your teammates that you trust do their job or do you disobey and embarrass one of your teammates and friends infront of 3,000 people? Morinville needs to step up and discipline Jordy after that! He is supposed to be the leader of this team, when the coach says something you listen...This isn't Jordy Christian's team this is Dave Morinville's team!
If this really happened as you described, Morinville should prove it is "his team" and bench the kid for a game. If he doesn't, Christian certainly won't learn from it and will continue to act selfish.

Star player or not, the coach runs the show. A kid needs to shut his mouth and take a seat on the bench when the coach tells him to get off the ice.
McPlayer56

Post by McPlayer56 »

Jordy has been selfish every game he plays he is a puck hog who worries about stats, i heard from a hockey player last year that he was claiming assists for his last year that were not
MOORHEAD SPUDS

Post by MOORHEAD SPUDS »

I dont care that Moorhead has their big rivalry on Thursday against Fargo South...Dave Morinville needs to make a point now and bench Jordy for his actions and teach him a lesson. It will only make the team better in the long run. Also you can look at his stats and say that he has all these assits but if you go back and look on tape most of his assits are second assits they arnt a first assits to set somebody up. A selfish player with a big head means corruption in the locker room
boblee

Post by boblee »

If this really did happen, Mr. Morinville needs to make a statement. What were you thinking Jordy?
Stitch Lips

What's your story, pal?

Post by Stitch Lips »

Hey MOORHEADSPUDS ... you sound like someone who got cut from the team, trying to stir things up for Moorhead... :roll:
MOORHEAD SPUDS

Post by MOORHEAD SPUDS »

Got cut from the team? Please Im graduated. I was sitting next to the student section in the nice cushy seats and I heard it all. I was at the game and I know what I heard. Why would I lie at bash my own team if it wasnt true
kickshot

I'm confused

Post by kickshot »

I being in the student section had a great view, with 54 seconds left in the third peiord Coach Morinville pulled Christian-Theilen-Ambrosie off the ice because of a lack luster performance when East pulled their goalie. As the rest of his linemates left the ice and the Deitz-Ambrosi-Nitzy line entered the ice Jordy proceeded to yell at the Coach telling him that he was staying on the ice...
This post was made after the game Saturday night and you said you were sitting in the student section. On Sunday you said:
I was sitting next to the student section in the nice cushy seats and I heard it all. I was at the game and I know what I heard. Why would I lie at bash my own team if it wasnt true
First, Mr MOORHEAD SPUDS, figure out where you were sitting.

Second, tell me how Ambrosi replaced himself.

And Third, who won the face-off?
MOORHEAD SPUDS

Re: I'm confused

Post by MOORHEAD SPUDS »

I guess I am a little confused...
Second, tell me how Ambrosi replaced himself.
Ambrosie, Theilen, and Christian were on the ice...Morinville put Deitz, Weiss, and Nitzy out there. That is how Ambrosie got replaced. Than Christian proceeded to have a fit because he was getting taken off and than as the leader on the team he yelled at his own player and told him to get off the ice. So he basically embarrased Weiss, made a fool of himself and showed the scouts that were there (Rangers, Avs,..) that he isn't a team player.

Also I dont know if you are aware but the student section tends to mix with a few parents and others towards the top of the third section from the right. That is where I was located. So basically I was in the student section.

Oh and about the draw...Moorhead won the draw, which could have been won by Weiss, Deitz, Christian..it didn't really matter. Moorhead won 4 times as many draws as East that night.
Potatohead9

Post by Potatohead9 »

If Mornville wanted to make a statement he could have called a timeout, however ill-advised faceoff in your own zone minute and a half up 1-0 and the other team has pulled their own goalie.
Now Moorhead Spuds, great players make great plays, they rise up to the challenge and take control of the game. In previous posts you have claimed Jordy is the greatest or something like that. Now if Mornville feels that Jordy has caused friction within the team that will be a Coaches decision as to wheather or not to penalize a player.
I personally dont see Christian getting benched, perhaps not starting on the first line or limiting his shifts on the powerplay but I dont think so.
I think if there is going to be a form of punnishment it will be during practice or in the lockeroom. Punishing a player by benching him could have a negitive outcome in a game......an that will hurt the team. If the team had lost a game, or it wasnt South and instead a cellar team in section 8, then perhaps I could see them without Jordy. But this game means more to this team, they still remember last year!
Thats Mr. Potatohead to you!
East Hockey Puck

Post by East Hockey Puck »

I think everyonr should let it go. Morngville has coached Moorhaed for years, if he doesnt know his team and how to take care of problems like this IF IT IS A PROBLEM they have had the wrong guy coaching the whole time.
Nobody knows for sure what the situation is as we dont sit on his bench or in the Spuds lockeroom.
Without knowing the innerworkings of a team no--one should be judging this kid based upon the incident nor putting any preasure on anyone to discpline any player.
I'm sure they will handle this in an appropriate manner.