St Thomas @ Tartan 12/21

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Winner?

Tartan
27%
St Thomas
73%

Total votes: 41

PuckNasty07

Post by PuckNasty07 »

Garret Larson wrote:sterfry9 Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:43 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i kinda wanna hear what garret larson has to say about this game

GARRET LARSON SAYS THAT TARTAN WILL WIN 4-0

:lol: hahah
Topshelf07

Post by Topshelf07 »

PuckNasty07 wrote:
Garret Larson wrote:sterfry9 Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:43 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i kinda wanna hear what garret larson has to say about this game

GARRET LARSON SAYS THAT TARTAN WILL WIN 4-0

:lol: hahah
only GARRET!!!!!
mnjorc

Post by mnjorc »

OK, so in my opinion this is one of the teams every year that suprises STA. I do think that STA will win, but I think it will be an all out battle and there will never be more than a two goal difference in either direction the whole game. Tartan will come out and skate faster than they normally do and be just as physical as normal. STA will have to play up to the physical game that Tartan shows up with and will continue to skate like they have always done. It will definately not be high scoring as both goalies are good. There will be fairly high shots on goal, probably in the thirties for STA and mid twenties for Tartan. Crandall will play an awesomly impressive game and the Tartan goalie will also play very well. STA squeek out a win because of more depth in the lines, the much better play development and mental game. As to someone else's comment that Tartan is not very good, I disagree. They are very good and have been for the past four years. Yeah they are not a contender to win state, but they have good coaching and develop some very good players. See you at the rink.

STA 3
Tartan 2

Possibly in OT
bubblehockey27

Post by bubblehockey27 »

STA-4

Carey Wood-1
"Virtual high five to chest bump" (MP)
HOFamer

Post by HOFamer »

Tartan 4
STA 2
ocanadaourhome

STA-TARTAN

Post by ocanadaourhome »

HOFamer wrote:Tartan 4
STA 2
HO, HO, HO, famer. Sounds like Edina should have no problem then with STA at first round of Schwans Cup? :wink:
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

The edina game will probably be good, and not easy to predict. If Crandall plays like he did against Marshall first period, Edina will take it, if he plays like he did against Breck, it should be a win.
goalieboy1

sta

Post by goalieboy1 »

yea right, edina will have there hands full, STA is VERY good, and tartan is too, i just fell if they take the body, tartan can pull one out, especially @ home
supremeone90

Post by supremeone90 »

Govs93 wrote:Can somebody please explain the fascination with Tartan on this board to me? I mean honestly...

They make 2 tourney appearances by winning a mediocre section, and once they get there, the win a total of 1 game. This team has done NOTHING of any substance, and they'll likely get to the section finals and lose to Cretin anyway.

Don't get me wrong, if you're a Tartan fan or student, that's great, and you should be a fan of your team, but it's ridiculous to talk about them as anything other than a good Section 2 team, and an average team in any other section. Like I say, thet'll lose the Section 2 final if all goes well for them, and if by some miracle they make it out of the section, you can bet it'll be 2-and-out in the state tourney.

There is good hockey outside of Oakdale people. And congrats on losing to H-M...
tartan is a team out of nowwhere that everyone doubted and is doing well. the cadets will be tough though, but they will ease down on the 23rd when they play johnson, right govs?
HShockeywatcher

It should be a close one. I say St Thomas takes it, but Tartan should hang in there.
yakmya

Post by yakmya »

i think it will be a very close game:
Tartan will take the body.
Tartan: 3
STA: 2
MNHocker444

Post by MNHocker444 »

STA 4
Tartan 1
HShockeywatcher

I hope it is, but is it still happening? No one's said it was canceled but no one has said it's on either. It's just over in Oakdale, a 20 minute drive, plus it would be great practice for the Cretin game, so I hope it's still on. Anyone know?
ocanadaourhome

TARTAN scored 2 against HILL?

Post by ocanadaourhome »

Final.

STA rolls over Tartan 4-0

SOG 38-12 in favor of STA

Preview Sat. vs CDH

4-1 STA.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Let me guess. STA's goalie sucks, their D are terrible, and next time Tartan is gonna use the body & destroy them. Time to settle in the middle of the pack their Titans...average team!
HShockeywatcher

Wow, everyone, including me and people I talked to from St Thomas, said it would be a close one. They did better against Tartan than they did against Sibley and South St Paul. Tartan, where were you?!?!

Cretin, here we come!!! Wait, you're coming to us, if we can win on the road, we can dominate at home :)
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

Just because you beat the rough and tumble SSP Packers and Tartan Titans doesn't necessarily mean CDH will be shaking in their boots.
HShockeywatcher

Sorry for having some confidence. Marshall beat them in St Paul, I'm sure the Cadets will be fine in Mendota Heights.
PuckNasty07

away games

Post by PuckNasty07 »

I prefer playing on the road anyway.... something about the jersey 8)

and the enjoyment of silencing the fans after a win
sterfry9

Post by sterfry9 »

Garret Larson wrote:GARRET LARSON SAYS THAT TARTAN WILL WIN 4-0
garret what happened