FSN Hockey Night December 21st Part One

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

who wins?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:46 pm

Grand Rapids
69%
Eden Prairie
31%

Total votes: 49

boblee

FSN Hockey Night December 21st Part One

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids vs. Eden Prairie @ Edina...who wins this one and why?
Last edited by boblee on Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Rapids will get on track this week.
They will go 2-1, losing a close one to the Hornets.
(Then again, I thought the Viks would win today)
hockeyman11

Post by hockeyman11 »

From what I saw last time GR was on FSN, (which was nothing) I am going to go with:

EP- 3
GR- 1
GRhawky

Post by GRhawky »

hockeyman11 wrote:From what I saw last time GR was on FSN, (which was nothing) I am going to go with:

EP- 3
GR- 1
Which was nothing? Did the fact that Moorhead is the #1 team in state cross your mind. They played Moorhead fairly well. Better then many teams will this year.

I think that GR will go 2-1 this week losing to Edina as grindiangrad-80 said
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Yeah, I heard it was 2-4 early in the 3rd and they brought it to 3-4. Sure they lost, but losing to a top 3 team (not #1) by 2 goals is nothing that's too bad.
HOFamer

Post by HOFamer »

HSWatcher...without White GR very ordinary...EP 5 GR 3
boblee

Post by boblee »

HOFamer wrote:HSWatcher...without White GR very ordinary...EP 5 GR 3
Without White GR happens to be 3-1. With White they are 0-1-1. It was the fact that they had three guys out which really hurt their depth. You could tell Morse hadn't skated in a week. He had zero legs late in the game. Let's take a trip down memory lane...After 6 games last year GR was 4-2. With wins over Cloquet (4-3 OT) Forest Lake (5-2) Greenway (12-2) and Brainerd (4-2) and losses to Apple Valley (1-0) and Virginia (4-2). They would then lose to Moorhead and enter the Edina Classic 4-3. They would proceed to lose to Edina 3-2 OT and Eden Prairie 2-1 before beating Elk River 3-2 OT. We are all going to do math here and see that GR was 5-5 after the Edina Classic last year...seems ordinary enough...They would go on to place 2nd down at the X. Another note: Grand Rapids snapped its 31 game winning streak when scoring 3+ goals on Friday night.
shooter812

Post by shooter812 »

why does GR have more than one game on FSN? They should spread it out with different teams around the state not just GR and its opponents.
boblee

Post by boblee »

shooter812 wrote:why does GR have more than one game on FSN? They should spread it out with different teams around the state not just GR and its opponents.
We will see these teams twice:
Centennial
Grand Rapids
Duluth East
Elk River
Edina

Also, showing 4 schwan cup games we will likely see 2-4 teams again. They are showing the GR-EP game because they had planned on showing Edina-ER anways. So quit complaining. You don't have a valid arguement.
gr19

Post by gr19 »

Grand Rapids has a Golden Gopher, that is part of the reason. Also, they have good games on days when FSN isn't tied up with the Gophers/Wild/TWolves. Originally it was just one game for GR, but then the FSN guys realized there were two games at Baemer Arena, so it was like if they have everything set up there why shutdown when EP and GR take the ice. So the revised schedule included that game as well.
STC18

Post by STC18 »

GR - 4
EP - 2
hockeyman11

Post by hockeyman11 »

Played Moorhead well? GRhawky are you joking? They got DOMINATED, all three of their goals were extremly weak and should NOT have went in. It was a waste of my time to even watch that game, I could have just watched the news to see the highlights and seen it all.

I also do not think it is fair that a team is on FSN multiple times, (even though they may be the best teams in the state) it would be nice to see some other teams get a chance to play on FSN but that is probably not possible.
boblee

Post by boblee »

hockeyman11 wrote:Played Moorhead well? GRhawky are you joking? They got DOMINATED, all three of their goals were extremly weak and should NOT have went in. It was a waste of my time to even watch that game, I could have just watched the news to see the highlights and seen it all.

I also do not think it is fair that a team is on FSN multiple times, (even though they may be the best teams in the state) it would be nice to see some other teams get a chance to play on FSN but that is probably not possible.
You are wrong. If a team can get "DOMINATED" and still only lose 5-3 to the #1 team in the state with out three major contributors...just shut up hockeyman11.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Will there be an internet stream for the GR/Edina game?
Thanks in advance.
speakingthetruth

Post by speakingthetruth »

GR 3
EP 2
pit player 27

Post by pit player 27 »

i think bobby big wheels needs a nap and gr19 grand rapids is the only team with a gopher on it so that really is not a good reason but i agree people want to see good hockey and grand rapids is a good team
Mnsportsguy1976

Gr VS EP

Post by Mnsportsguy1976 »

Grand Rapids Wins 5-3 with the return of white,
hockeyman11

Post by hockeyman11 »

Boblee- A team can get dominated and lose 5-3, its true because it happened to Grand Rapids, I'm not sure if you missed the game or what but they did, they were never in the game and survived on three lucky goals. I was saying they got dominated that game so who cares if they were missing people, becuase I was tallking about one game not the whole season.

One more thing, never tell anyone to shut up on this again because it is for people to post their opionins, who cares if you think they are wrong. Its not your job to tell them that, you dont know everything.
boblee

Post by boblee »

hockeyman11 wrote:Boblee- A team can get dominated and lose 5-3, its true because it happened to Grand Rapids, I'm not sure if you missed the game or what but they did, they were never in the game and survived on three lucky goals. I was saying they got dominated that game so who cares if they were missing people, becuase I was tallking about one game not the whole season.

One more thing, never tell anyone to shut up on this again because it is for people to post their opionins, who cares if you think they are wrong. Its not your job to tell them that, you dont know everything.
4-3 with 5 minutes left is certainly in the game. Oh, and shut up.
STC18

Post by STC18 »

Agreed. GR didn't get dominated in the Moorhead game and stayed in it the whole way.
hockeyman11

Post by hockeyman11 »

Ok bob, one more thing, it might help for you to get off your computer once in awhile, GET A LIFE, there are other things out there than this forum. I dont care what you think, in my opinion, GR got dominated, so you can shut up and worry about your own opinion.
gr19

Post by gr19 »

Someone said no one on Rapids could make the Spuds 3rd line. Okay, #18 Joe Stejskal is going to D1 Dartmouth. So every player on Moorheads top 3 lines is going Division 1 college hockey? Someone has just been exposed as a worthless hockey analyst.
Iceman33

Post by Iceman33 »

How is Grand Rapids doing with their injuries? Is White playing tonight?

With White, Grand Rapids wins 4-2

W/O E.P wins 3-2

I've been reading people say one guy can't make a big difference, I disagree, in High School hockey, a teams top player can make a HUGE difference. NHL, D-1, not a big deal. High school hockey, top players change the entire game.
gr19

Post by gr19 »

They've had White and Welliver injured lately. Also defensemen Brett Cone. That's three guys from last years state team and it really messes things up for the lines. Right now is an oppurtunity for Rapids to develop depth for later in the season. We really won't know how good their team can be until everyone is healthy. Wait about 2-3 weeks and this team will start a big winning streak.
boblee

Post by boblee »

GR19 wrote:They've had White and Welliver injured lately. Also defensemen Brett Cone. That's three guys from last years state team and it really messes things up for the lines. Right now is an oppurtunity for Rapids to develop depth for later in the season. We really won't know how good their team can be until everyone is healthy. Wait about 2-3 weeks and this team will start a big winning streak.
Cone and Welliver were back in the lineup last night.