Schwan Cup Predictions Silver Division

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins

Edina
36%
STA
24%
Benilde
No votes
Burnsville
1%
Brainerd
11%
CDH
16%
Blaine
11%
Wayzata
No votes

Total votes: 70

SEC Scotty

Schwan Cup Predictions Silver Division

Post by SEC Scotty »

Edina over STA

BSM over Burnsville

CDH over Brainerd

Blaine over Wayzata

Semifinals

Edina over BSM

Blaine over CDH

Championship

Blaine over Edina

3rd Place

CDH over BSM

Consolation

STA over Brainerd
STC18

Post by STC18 »

Edina over STA
BSM over Burnsville
CDH over Brainerd
Blaine over Wayzata

Consolitaon:
STA over Burnsville
Brainerd over Wayzata

STA over Brainerd
Wayzata over Burnsville

Championship:

Edina over BSM
Blaine over CDH

CDH over BSM
Edina over Blaine

1. Edina
2. Blaine
3. CDH
4. BSM
5. STA
6. Brainerd
7. Wayzata
8. Burnsville
ocanadaourhome

Silver

Post by ocanadaourhome »

Upper Bracket
STA over Edina
Benilde over Burnsville

Semi's
STA over Benilde OT

Lower Bracket
CDH over Brainerd
Blaine over Wayzata

Semi's
Blaine over CDH

Championship
STA over Blaine

3rd place
Benilde over CDH

Con.
Edina over Burnsville
Wayzata over Brainerd

Con. Champ
Edina over Wayzata OT

fivehole628

Re: Silver

Post by fivehole628 »

GO WARRIORS
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Upper Bracket
STA over Edina
Benilde over Burnsville

Semi's
STA over Benilde

Lower Bracket
CDH over Brainerd
Blaine over Wayzata

Semi's
CDH over Blaine

Championship
STA over CDH

3rd place
Benilde over Blaine

Con.
Edina over Burnsville
Brainerd over Wayzata

Con. Champ
Edina over Wayzata
Dangles99

Post by Dangles99 »

Edina Will win this tournament
TomTheBomb

Post by TomTheBomb »

Edina, Edina, Edina.
HShockeywatcher

Looks like the Edina/St Thomas game will determine a lot...
ocanadaourhome

Shut down Reber-you shut down Edina

Post by ocanadaourhome »

Dangles99 wrote:Edina Will win this tournament
Shut down Reber, you shut down Edina. Before you state otherwise, check the pt. production from his line. That is a problem.......

Reber is one of the most under rated players this year. But wait, I know why, because old school players who pass the puck, see the ice and make everyone around them better no longer impress our ESPN TOP TEN fan mentality, Both scouts and fans alike..... Very sad in this day of look at me hockey danglers.... :?
boblee

Post by boblee »

Edina over STA

BSM over Burnsville

Brainerd over CDH

Blaine over Wayzata

Semis

Edina over BSM

Brainerd over Blaine

3rd

Blaine over BSM

1st

Edina over Brainerd
cmf

Post by cmf »

The Edina vs. STA game will be the best game of the tournament. there is some very bad blood between Anders Lee and the Edina program. He left the program as an eigth grader to play STA varsity. This pissed a lot of people off in the Edina community. Also there is another player from Edina who I think is Jack Baer's younger brother. This game could turn ugly if STA gets a lead but other than that it should be a great game.
Dangles99

Re: Shut down Reber-you shut down Edina

Post by Dangles99 »

ocanadaourhome wrote:
Dangles99 wrote:Edina Will win this tournament
Shut down Reber, you shut down Edina. Before you state otherwise, check the pt. production from his line. That is a problem.......

Reber is one of the most under rated players this year. But wait, I know why, because old school players who pass the puck, see the ice and make everyone around them better no longer impress our ESPN TOP TEN fan mentality, Both scouts and fans alike..... Very sad in this day of look at me hockey danglers.... :?
First of all, its easy to say shut down reber, shut down edina. The questoin is, how do you stop Matt Reber? The answer, you can't. He dominated even Mcdonagh the so called "next Chris Chelios" on Cretin, and had the hatrick, and he does in fact improve the players on his line, hea has 8 assists. Of course he is the leading scorer on the line, he is one of hte leading scorers in the State. Casey Gaarder and Matt Leer on his line each have 3 goals, hmm .5 goals a game which is pretty good, and each have 5 assists. Leer is a hitter and not a scorer. The sophmore second line who dominated the Bantam A league last year with over 200 goals, are nothing short of dominant at the Varsity level also and they are just learning. Joe Gleason adn Joey Brehm are easily the best offensive defensemen I have ever seen. To say Matt Reber makes up all of Edina's production.. well is pretty stupid. But if taht is what you think, good luck with it, if Mcdonagh doen't have a sniff against reber, no one else in the state will. We'll see his Dominance thursday on FSN make sure to tune in and see Elk River's sorry attempts to shut down his sick dangles.
nhl06

Post by nhl06 »

boblee wrote:Edina over STA

BSM over Burnsville

Brainerd over CDH

Blaine over Wayzata

Semis

Edina over BSM

Brainerd over Blaine

3rd

Blaine over BSM

1st

Edina over Brainerd
I am glad someone is giving Brainerd a chance. The concensus is that CDH will own Brainerd, when i tihink they have the experience coming off lasts year's run, to really compete for a championship this year. Watch out for Brainerd to make some noise in the tourny! Just proving the dominance of 7AA
DSID
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

boblee wrote:Edina over STA

BSM over Burnsville

Brainerd over CDH

Blaine over Wayzata

Semis

Edina over BSM

Brainerd over Blaine

3rd

Blaine over BSM

1st

Edina over Brainerd
Hey boblee, I like the way you're thinking :D

Just for you info, Brainerd has only officially "lost" one game in the past 2 years in the silver division :shock: 2 years ago they lost shootouts to Apple Valley & BSM and last year got beat by Hill-Murray in the final game :(

They put on a good show show when they're down there and I'd expect the same this year :D

Syd 8)
nhl06

Post by nhl06 »

Syd Barrett wrote: Just for you info, Brainerd has only officially "lost" one game in the past 2 years in the silver division :shock: 2 years ago they lost shootouts to Apple Valley & BSM and last year got beat by Hill-Murray in the final game :(

They put on a good show show when they're down there and I'd expect the same this year :D

Syd 8)
They have to be the favorites coming into the tourney, followed by Edina, CDH, STA
DSID
boblee

Post by boblee »

nhl06 wrote:
Syd Barrett wrote: Just for you info, Brainerd has only officially "lost" one game in the past 2 years in the silver division :shock: 2 years ago they lost shootouts to Apple Valley & BSM and last year got beat by Hill-Murray in the final game :(

Syd 8)
They have to be the favorites coming into the tourney, followed by Edina, CDH, STA
No. Edina is the Fav.
nbsupremexxx

Post by nbsupremexxx »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Upper Bracket
STA over Edina
Benilde over Burnsville

Semi's
STA over Benilde

Lower Bracket
CDH over Brainerd
Blaine over Wayzata

Semi's
CDH over Blaine

Championship
STA over CDH

3rd place
Benilde over Blaine

Con.
Edina over Burnsville
Brainerd over Wayzata

Con. Champ
Edina over Wayzata
I like this, STA and CDH 2wice in one week!!!
HShockeywatcher

It would be great for many reasons. If they are playing them the second time, they won the first two; that could be two CDH wins in one year; they'd probably be undefeated by January.
ocanadaourhome

EDINA STA BAD BLOOD

Post by ocanadaourhome »

cmf wrote:The Edina vs. STA game will be the best game of the tournament. there is some very bad blood between Anders Lee and the Edina program. He left the program as an eigth grader to play STA varsity. This pissed a lot of people off in the Edina community. Also there is another player from Edina who I think is Jack Baer's younger brother. This game could turn ugly if STA gets a lead but other than that it should be a great game.
CMF - You sound like a bitter parent/kid trying to stir the pot. Their is no bad blood between Lee and the Edina program. Anders Lee is good friends with many of the Edina players having played together for years and having played on the same team and line this year in the Elite league with Reber, Leer and Gleason. I have also heard ideas of him returning, with that I doubt the game is going to get ugly. You are right about the game being great though.
HShockeywatcher

Would Anders really return to Edina?

So, as we have determined the STA/Edina game will be huge, can someone who knows about the two teams personally give some insight into what could most certainly happen?
DumpandChase1

Lee

Post by DumpandChase1 »

Anders will come back to Edina so he can be the first player the win the A and AA championships.
HShockeywatcher

While that wasn't funny or even close to realistic, I will comment.

Even if that were his thinking, which is very silly, why would you leave a team that has a great schedule, great coaches and great potential for doing well for the rest of his high school career and go to a team that is pretty good and doesn't realistically have much of a chance of doing that well in State in the next couple years, even if they make it?
DumpandChase1

Edina

Post by DumpandChase1 »

Watcher,

You don't think Edina will do well the next 2 years.

My guess is that they will be the favorites to win state the next 2 years, if Budish does not leave for Ann Arbor.

This is the same group of players that were 1st and 2nd as bantams.
sterfry9

Post by sterfry9 »

seems like edina is playing pretty well right now...their my pick to win this division
HShockeywatcher

Seems like St Thomas is playing really well too...