Schwan Cup Predictions Silver Division

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins

Edina
36%
STA
24%
Benilde
No votes
Burnsville
1%
Brainerd
11%
CDH
16%
Blaine
11%
Wayzata
No votes

Total votes: 70

Dangles99

Post by Dangles99 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:While that wasn't funny or even close to realistic, I will comment.

Even if that were his thinking, which is very silly, why would you leave a team that has a great schedule, great coaches and great potential for doing well for the rest of his high school career and go to a team that is pretty good and doesn't realistically have much of a chance of doing that well in State in the next couple years, even if they make it?
Edina is dominant this year. Nice prediction bud.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

With AA hockey, nothing is for sure come state, and sections for that matter, minnetonka, eagan, and rapids showed us that.
Stitch Lips

What part of "losing" don't you understand, Eddie?

Post by Stitch Lips »

Brainerd will win unless they lose.

Brainerd will get beat unless they win.
behonestbenice

Post by behonestbenice »

Remember Anders Lee was also a starter as a sophomore on STA state 4A football team. Where was Edinas football team. He is also a standout on STA baseball team
HShockeywatcher

Stitch, nice insight there buddy.

Yes, he is, but what's your point? That he's can do a lot? Well, more power to him, but that doesn't mean anything. The first game of the Schwan Cup is probably going to be the game where St Thomas is tested the most as a team and maybe the 3rd most all season, including STAte. Win or lose they will put up a fight and I will be there cheering them on. They have all the talent to do it , so we'll see what happens.
nhl06

Post by nhl06 »

B-R-A-I-N-E-R-D
DSID
riverskater

Post by riverskater »

[/quote]Remember Anders Lee was also a starter as a sophomore on STA state 4A football team. Where was Edinas football team. He is also a standout on STA baseball team

Colby Ring started on Brainerds 5a football team and was First Team All Area, HM All Conference, All Section and the only Soph Linebacker to receive HM all state from AP and Minneapolis Tribune. He will be third line d for Brainerd. Brainerd will win :P
Hova

Post by Hova »

It goes to show the depth of Brainerd if an athlete like that (Colby Ring) is playing third line defense. It will be exciting to see if they step up from the INTENSE CLC competition to the mediocre schwans cup: silver division.
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

Mediocre Silver Division?? What are you smokin'?
HShockeywatcher

A couple of these teams could probably play in the Gold if there were more than 8 slots. There is some really good competition here.

Edina has only played two games thus far not at home, and they were there first two of the season. Maybe that'll have an effect on them.
Hova

Post by Hova »

Zeke16 wrote:Mediocre Silver Division?? What are you smokin'?
sarcasm
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

Smokin' sarcasm???
eazy1415

Post by eazy1415 »

STA will win it...
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

No they won't, they'll lose to Edina
HShockeywatcher

Let's wait til Wednesday morning before talking about who is going to win. As much fun as, St Thomas will win, Edina will win, no Brainerd will win is, there isn't really much way to compare any of the teams yet. After tomorrow there would be a way to compare Edina and St Thomas, but we all know that doesn't mean squat, so I say Blaine will win. Obviously.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Brainerd's 6-2 loss to Fergus Falls throws a wrench into predictions.
Ernie McCracken

wrenches, screwdrivers, yer a tool

Post by Ernie McCracken »

One game does not a season make. I could quote your garbage from over a years time Mr. Lee. When Brainerd does well you say wait until playoffs, when they lose you giggle like a junior high school girl in the football locker room. It is apparant of your disdain for a single town. When you make a post in the morning you say you are shocked, but at night you lololollulu like you got tickled in a carwash. Lets face it, you base your predictions on how Grand Rapids does versus teams. This baseless observation has gotten you nowhere. I predict The Worriers will represent the north well in the silver division. I wont say that Cretin D-H will win 7-1 (remember that?). Its time to put the pipe down, my fine posting friend.

boblee

Re: wrenches, screwdrivers, yer a tool

Post by boblee »

Ernie McCracken wrote:One game does not a season make. I could quote your garbage from over a years time Mr. Lee. When Brainerd does well you say wait until playoffs, when they lose you giggle like a junior high school girl in the football locker room. It is apparant of your disdain for a single town. When you make a post in the morning you say you are shocked, but at night you lololollulu like you got tickled in a carwash. Lets face it, you base your predictions on how Grand Rapids does versus teams. This baseless observation has gotten you nowhere. I predict The Worriers will represent the north well in the silver division. I wont say that Cretin D-H will win 7-1 (remember that?). Its time to put the pipe down, my fine posting friend.

Mr. McCrackhead...I have seen MANY teams play hockey this year, and many not play against Grand Rapids. I do have a fair idea of what I am talking about. And I do marvel at the unpredictability of High School hockey in MN.
Ernie McCracken

Re: wrenches, screwdrivers, yer a tool

boblee wrote:
Ernie McCracken wrote:One game does not a season make. I could quote your garbage from over a years time Mr. Lee. When Brainerd does well you say wait until playoffs, when they lose you giggle like a junior high school girl in the football locker room. It is apparant of your disdain for a single town. When you make a post in the morning you say you are shocked, but at night you lololollulu like you got tickled in a carwash. Lets face it, you base your predictions on how Grand Rapids does versus teams. This baseless observation has gotten you nowhere. I predict The Worriers will represent the north well in the silver division. I wont say that Cretin D-H will win 7-1 (remember that?). Its time to put the pipe down, my fine posting friend.

Mr. McCrackhead...I have seen MANY teams play hockey this year, and many not play against Grand Rapids. I do have a fair idea of what I am talking about. And I do marvel at the unpredictability of High School hockey in MN.
I never resorted to namecalling (yet) as you have, and I know you and your brothers in Duluth have a problem with me referring to Brainerd as Northern (geographical illiteracy) but seeing many teams does not qualify you as knowing the power of Fergus Falls top line. Against some weak defense they will kill you. This is probably why Rapids will not play them ( insert obnoxious lolo's here). Did the first line sit when GR played C-D-H last March? Maybe we should use the stud against barnyard but sit him against Edina? It amazes me that you GR folk chime in everytime Barnyard is involved. I think that they call this some type of jealousy response. In other words, This Barnyard team is getting more attention than your team so you hop all over the barnyard threads as if they are your own. Like the psych said to GR19 .."whats wrong get up on the wrong side of the rock?" Let the results speak for themselves, and if the worriers win (or lose) in a shootout, dont bring that to the bowling alley with ya.

Glad you guys arent on the worriers side!
boblee

Post by boblee »

ok, Ernie.
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

Brainerd is a fine team, but they need to move more ground. A four point loss to Fergy is step backward as far as the greater audience is concerned. You're right, let the results speak for themselves and continue to let bob speak for himself.
Ernie McCracken

YYZ might be the best song ever- guitar hero 2

Irishmans Shanty wrote:Brainerd is a fine team, but they need to move more ground. A four point loss to Fergy is step backward as far as the greater audience is concerned. You're right, let the results speak for themselves and continue to let bob speak for himself.
I can swallow that shanty. I just am poised for attack as the Rapids crew has continually ripped on Brd for 3 years or more on here. If its not the team, its the fans. Bob can speak all he wants, just so you know that I and other shady charachters are here to straighten out the facts.

I looked for 'Fergies' stats everywhere and cant find them (Stitchie must be sleepin). Let me assure you their first line is scary good. Shut them down you win.... Let them skate you lose...especially when you are 'ripe for the pickin'. Maybe the best thing to happen to barnyard before this pseudo-tourny.

boblee

Re: YYZ might be the best song ever- guitar hero 2

Post by boblee »

Ernie McCracken wrote:
Irishmans Shanty wrote:Brainerd is a fine team, but they need to move more ground. A four point loss to Fergy is step backward as far as the greater audience is concerned. You're right, let the results speak for themselves and continue to let bob speak for himself.
I can swallow that shanty. I just am poised for attack as the Rapids crew has continually ripped on Brd for 3 years or more on here. If its not the team, its the fans. Bob can speak all he wants, just so you know that I and other shady charachters are here to straighten out the facts.

I looked for 'Fergies' stats everywhere and cant find them (Stitchie must be sleepin). Let me assure you their first line is scary good. Shut them down you win.... Let them skate you lose...especially when you are 'ripe for the pickin'. Maybe the best thing to happen to barnyard before this pseudo-tourny.

Fact still is.. Brainerd has NEVER beaten Grand Rapids.
Ernie McCracken

Re: YYZ might be the best song ever- guitar hero 2

boblee wrote:
Ernie McCracken wrote:

Fact still is.. Brainerd has NEVER beaten Grand Rapids.
Anybody????? CROW FOR SALE ALL YOU CAN EAT!!
hockeyfanatic99

???

Post by hockeyfanatic99 »

Alright ladies lets swing those purses and let that infamous "B" word fly! As someone a lot smarter than all of us has said, arguing on the internet is like winning a one legged race, you're still handicapped!