Border Battle - Moorhead at Fargo South

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will prevail in the border battle?

Moorhead
74%
Fargo South
26%

Total votes: 38

CitiesSpudsGuy

moorhead and buffalo

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:48 pm

And if I remember correctly, the Buffalo net mysteriously became dislodged every time the Spuds were putting the heat on in that 2-1 section game.

Now, to get back on topic:
Spuds - 6
Bruins - 1

Connor Banks

Post by Connor Banks » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:12 pm

South's goalie is very good..his opponents and Elite League teammates will tell you that, even Moorhead's players will tell you that. What gives Moorhead the advantage is their depth, and scoring ability. Now Fargo South has some goal socrers in the likes of Defenseman Danny Wurden, Forward Ian Powers, Jake McDougall, and Kris Graalum. In fact Danny Wurden is in the top ten in points in North Dakota as a Defenseman with 12 points. But even with those players there isn't a single player on the Fargo team that is as good as Christian, Deitz, Theilen and Weiss. And Wurden is good but not to the calaber of Lee and Foss. What this game comes down to is Moorhead out matching Fargo's scoring power. What Fargo has going for them besides their goaltending is a rink that might be the smallest in the Midwest. There are outdoor skating rinks that are bigger. With weird bounces and small space this game gets a little closer.

Moorhead 4 South 2

Pugsley

Moorhead/Fargo South

Post by Pugsley » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:59 pm

It will be back to reality Thursday night at the Coliseum for the Fargo South Bruins. The Bruins one win every 15 years over the spuds was last year. Look for reality to set back in with the Spuds dominating the Bruins.
I can see the Bruins puting 4 guys in front of their net and having one guy chase the puck. They will only try to lose by a goal or two. I see the spuds winning by a 6-0 score and outshooting the Bruins 45-10.

Potatohead9

Post by Potatohead9 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:42 pm

HOFamer wrote:Potatohead...you are pretty arrogant penciling teams like Buffalo out of the race...how quickly you forget the 2-1 nail biter last season...let's remember how young Buffalo was coming to play you this season and that the potato's scored 6 pp goals in a 8-1 win...shots were 40 26 and Spuds were on the ppt all night...I am certainly not saying the Bison stand a chance if they meet again but i think for you to dis a team you barely slid past last season is more than a little arrogant...
HOFamer......I don't believe this is last season, I dont think I said anything negative about the Buffalo program....
I said I would rather play teams like WBL (MHD beat 5-2) than to play teams like Buffalo (spuds 8-1) and Bemidji (spuds 12-0)
I didn't say Buffalo sucks, and that they only beat Becker 10-0 or something like that, when we all know the mighty spuds would make it on CNN again with a high score......now that would be arrogant... :lol:

ihavesuperpowers

Post by ihavesuperpowers » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:25 pm

Moorhead wins this one by 4

Moorhead----4
O don't ya know it's da Bruins----el zippo

Joe Duncan with an easy night between the pipes.

HOFamer

Post by HOFamer » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:27 pm

Geez-I used to think Moorhead fans were ok...Go Roseau!

zyper

Post by zyper » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:29 pm

The Bruins may not be as skilled up front as the Spuds, but these scores are getting pretty far fetched. The Bruins have proven to be able to on par with Minnesota teams, and I doubt they'll be kept scoreless or blown out. Joe Duncan is a huge question mark in net and has the potential to lose the game by himself. The only real upper hand Moorhead has is their first line and amazing power play, and the Bruins will have to come up with something to stop that if they want to keep it close. And in a game like this I doubt they'll just lie down for them, it's their biggest game of the season by a long shot.

KnightTime11

Post by KnightTime11 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:41 pm

South is good. Thats a fact. I believe they haven't lost to a MN team in over a year, and I expect them to win the Rochester holiday tournament. However, this year's spuds are a better team who still have a bad taste in their mouth from last year's loss.

Spuds - 3

Bruins - 1

Pugsley

Spuds/Fargo South

Post by Pugsley » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:27 am

It's game day for Moorhead and Stanley Cup day for Fargo South. If South lets Moorhead jump on them early look for this game to be a blowout. If South's MVP goalie can keep them in it I see it being a closer game with Moorhead prevailing.